Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Update!)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover)

Post by Ford Prefect »

I can just imagine Jack doing air quotes whenever he talks about magic. :lol:
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Can we have Daniel, Yuuno, Lara Croft, Indiana Jones and Mahora Library Exploration Club members (Nodoka, Yue, Haruna and Konoka) in the same scene? I want my badass adventuring archaeologist overload :D (possibly with addition of Giles in Ripper mode...)
Proud Nanoha/Yuuno/Fate, Caro/Elio/Lutecia, Alto/Sheril/Ranka and Honor/Hamish/Emily shipper. Last one even canon.

PS. Also support canon Nanoha/job, Honor/job and semicanon Rein/Agito.
PPS. In process of considering reborn Sankt Kaizer/reborn GEoM.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

al103 wrote:Can we have Daniel, Yuuno, Lara Croft, Indiana Jones and Mahora Library Exploration Club members (Nodoka, Yue, Haruna and Konoka) in the same scene? I want my badass adventuring archaeologist overload :D (possibly with addition of Giles in Ripper mode...)
Indy's pretty much retired by now. Oh, and physically, he's over a hundred.

Otherwise, sure. It'll take a bit to get to, though. Probably by mission 15 or so at the earliest.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Majin Gojira wrote: Indy's pretty much retired by now. Oh, and physically, he's over a hundred.
He drunk from THE Holy Grail. It could should made some interesting effects...
Proud Nanoha/Yuuno/Fate, Caro/Elio/Lutecia, Alto/Sheril/Ranka and Honor/Hamish/Emily shipper. Last one even canon.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

al103 wrote:
Majin Gojira wrote: Indy's pretty much retired by now. Oh, and physically, he's over a hundred.
He drunk from THE Holy Grail. It could should made some interesting effects...
And if you paid attention to that film, watched the new one or even the Adventures of Young Indiana Jones you'd notice that he still ages relatibvly normally. Also, he has one eye now.

He might live for a long time, but he still ages to a degree.
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

...Big Boss?

Sorry, the whole one-eyed crotchety old man thing just threw up an image of Indy ranting about the Patriots to Solid Snake (Henry Jones III?). I'll stop now.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Majin Gojira wrote: He might live for a long time, but he still ages to a degree.
On other side crossover verse have SO many ways to change that... And as i remember changing things like that is common thing in SRW... ;) And there is such thing as "secret characters"...
Majin Gojira wrote:Adventures of Young Indiana Jones
Also i consider all "senile IJ" parts of it as heresy :D

PS. Your Nanoha looks somewhat stupidish... I don't think she would ask known soldier of known enemy "why are you doing it?"

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

al103 wrote:PS. Your Nanoha looks somewhat stupidish... I don't think she would ask known soldier of known enemy "why are you doing it?"
That's her MO. She'll be nice to everyone until it is time not to be nice. Just because she is told that someone isn't a fully sentient being doesn't mean that she won't treat it as such first. Heck, the only things she didn't treat this way, IIRC, were the Jewel Seeds. And even then, she was nice until it was time to no longer be so.
Browncoat

al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Majin Gojira wrote:That's her MO. She'll be nice to everyone until it is time not to be nice. Just because she is told that someone isn't a fully sentient being doesn't mean that she won't treat it as such first. Heck, the only things she didn't treat this way, IIRC, were the Jewel Seeds. And even then, she was nice until it was time to no longer be so.
Thing is - her MO didn't changed in Strikers IMHO, yet against known enemy soldiers she used "shot first - talk later". It's unknown like Fate first and 'ritters later she talks with, not with ones whose intentions are already known and asking for known thing is stupid. And actually i don't remember any talking at last fight with Fate - she understood where Fate stands already and didn't find any additional talking necessary. Same with known soldiers of known enemy. Nanoha DO talk first - but only in cases where talk can change things, where talk can't change anything she shot enemy instantly.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

You're assuming that she trusts the data she has been given. Hence, the problem you're having.
Browncoat

al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Majin Gojira wrote:You're assuming that she trusts the data she has been given. Hence, the problem you're having.
1. She was given SOME prior data before meeting (at least "what is SGC we are going to talk with" - or its utter incompetency of either TSAB, JSDF or American government). And by reaction of SGC she can easily conclude what type of enemy it is.
2. It's not HER place to ask such questions there also. And most important thing she risk not only her life, but lives of others - and Nanoha can risk her life for peaceful solution, but not others.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

1. You assume that she was given specifics on the enemy beforehand beyond "Goa'uld, Anubis, badguys." The reaction from the SGC just meant "Dangerous" if anything.
2. The warrior was trapped behind a reflective barrier when she asked this. It did not pose a proper threat until it broke through.

So,

1) Stop making assumptions for a moment.
2) Make sure youi carefully read what is put up.
3) Let me get back to finishing the next segment if you would be so kind.
Browncoat

al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Ok. Lets imagine this situation - somebody is shooting at police. Nanoha is coming through. Nanoha decided to help police. Can you imagine that she will start it by asking criminal why he is shooting at police? IMHO no. She will either remove herself from fight or shot criminal. This situation is no different. It's not HER fight. The mere fact that she refusing to move out is amusing me to no end, but still possible. But starting asking questions in middle of this fight? It not canon Nanoha. It's overfannoned Nanoha.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

al103 wrote:Ok. Lets imagine this situation - somebody is shooting at police. Nanoha is coming through. Nanoha decided to help police. Can you imagine that she will start it by asking criminal why he is shooting at police? IMHO no. She will either remove herself from fight or shot criminal. This situation is no different. It's not HER fight. The mere fact that she refusing to move out is amusing me to no end, but still possible. But starting asking questions in middle of this fight? It not canon Nanoha. It's overfannoned Nanoha.
Did you willingly ignore the barrier problem or are you just a retard?

With the barrier up, Nanoha assumed that she could talk to the Warrior because if she or anyone else shot at it, their shots would be reflected back at the attacker.

So no, she couldn't shoot until the barrier was taken down.

And is it really so bad to see a character make a mistake in the course of a story? Really? What kind of Mary Sue crap do you read?

I mean, if she DID open fire as soon as the Warrior walked into the hall--let's say, Divine Buster, she would have taken out everyone else in the hallway besides herself, the Warrior and the drone. The Barrier Reflects Attacks Back Onto Its Attacker!
Browncoat

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

I see it this way:

Nanoha asked because it's in her character to give her enemy every possible chance to resolve the situation without a fight. After that, it's their ass.

So she probably won't ask again with another Kull, but may confront her first Jaffa that way unless Teal'c or O'Neil sets her straight.

Now I kinda want the first encounter between Nanoha and Negi to start off antagonistically, if for no other reason than to see (er, read) the look on everyone's faces when someone actually talks back.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Majin Gojira wrote: Did you willingly ignore the barrier problem or are you just a retard?
Thing is Nanoha i know would have used binds long before barrier was set up. In gate room. Without any talks. Then he possibly could start asking question though...

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

She didn't get a chance to even transform first, remember?
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

SAMAS wrote:She didn't get a chance to even transform first, remember?
1. Which is hard to buy also... Because there was nothing to prevent it.
2. She can perfectly use magic in untransformed state - barrier jacked is just additional protection that is always in place.

Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

al103 wrote:1. Which is hard to buy also... Because there was nothing to prevent it.
I dunno about you, but I always halt my transformation sequence when some guy grabs me and carries me out of the room. Or if you would prefer an 'ingame' explanation, characters can't use special abilities or attack normally while they are being [lifted] and then carried. :mrgreen:
2. She can perfectly use magic in untransformed state - barrier jacked is just additional protection that is always in place.
Your dubious spelling and grammar here aside, for I also fall prey to such foul defects, your main complaint seems to be that Nanoha wasn't merciless and quick enough to blow away the Kull warrior before anyone else could act. I can't understand why you want a story to be that borring.

I should also note that after taking Starlight Breaker to the face, the Kull warrior's armor was still intact enough to shield the wall behind it, if not the occupant. The entire universe may be in trouble should significant upgrades of that technology become available.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

And here I did that because I thought it would be funny. :) My God what have I done?!

Thankfully, Nanoha will eventually get a midseason upgrade for A's.

And god help us all if she forms a Pactio with Negi (which I know exactly what it would form: FIN FUNNEL!)
Browncoat

al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Vehrec wrote:I dunno about you, but I always halt my transformation sequence when some guy grabs me and carries me out of the room.
Which nerfs idea behind transformation greatly... Though "game rules" is good save :mrgreen: Some programming solutions are THAT stupid :D
Vehrec wrote:Your dubious spelling and grammar here aside,
Not a native english speaker... not sure that i can speak properly at all... heh. And my native language grammar wasn't my strong point also - so i'm sorry, but atrocious english grammar will be polluting my writings in the future too... :( :( :cry:
Vehrec wrote:for I also fall prey to such foul defects, your main complaint seems to be that Nanoha wasn't merciless and quick enough to blow away the Kull warrior before anyone else could act. I can't understand why you want a story to be that borring.
I don't. Just boring >>>> stupid. And stupid Nanoha is atrocity by itself. Nanoha is smart girl.
Vehrec wrote:I should also note that after taking Starlight Breaker to the face, the Kull warrior's armor was still intact enough to shield the wall behind it, if not the occupant. The entire universe may be in trouble should significant upgrades of that technology become available.
Ehm... I talked about binds first... And actually in this situation Starlight Breaker = Divine Buster, because without mana-saturated environment from previous heavy magical combat it simply don't have a source for gathering powerup energy.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Ya know, there's something wrong about you complaining about Nanoha being Nerfed in light of what I've done to Wonder Woman.
Browncoat

al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Majin Gojira wrote:Ya know, there's something wrong about you complaining about Nanoha being Nerfed in light of what I've done to Wonder Woman.
You know... i didn't read any comics with her and didn't see any cartoons with her too... And she is AU version as it seems - and Nanoha is mostly from Nanoha canon (and not Toraha one or some AU). Not that i can't take AU, just for Nanoha it doesn't look like one... yet.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

al103 wrote:
Majin Gojira wrote:Ya know, there's something wrong about you complaining about Nanoha being Nerfed in light of what I've done to Wonder Woman.
You know... i didn't read any comics with her and didn't see any cartoons with her too... And she is AU version as it seems - and Nanoha is mostly from Nanoha canon (and not Toraha one or some AU). Not that i can't take AU, just for Nanoha it doesn't look like one... yet.
I'm subtle. I changed the name of her hometown to a real japanese city near Tokyo (literally, across the bay).

So, there ya go.
Browncoat

al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Majin Gojira wrote: I'm subtle. I changed the name of her hometown to a real japanese city near Tokyo (literally, across the bay).

So, there ya go.
"Normal crossover tweaking" =/= AU. ... Scratch that - it's just text is too small and on that background some things are more visible. For now i think will hold judgment on Nanoha personality (change). Don't make her too sugarcoated naive little girl, very big pleeeeease? After all it's the same girl that killed Reinforce 1 in cold blood because they didn't have other choice.