Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Update!)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Kamikage
Youngling

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Updated)

Post by Kamikage »

Thank you for informing me of this wiki. Also, if anyone would be so kind as to go to the ND thread on Spacebattles and critique the stats that I've posted there it would be greatly appreciated. P.S. Please note I have next to no experience with ALL attacks and Friendly Fire capable MAP attacks, so if you see any MAP attacks that don't cause Frindly Fire; now you know why.
EDIT: Please PM my account on Stardestroyers or SpaceBattles (same username on both).
EDIT2:a sample of my madness.
Stuff happens, otherwise life would be dull.
kilopi505
Padawan Learner

Post by kilopi505 »

So...when's the freaking update coming? And why no update on Fanfiction.net?
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Granted, he probably just started when he made that post, and still has other things to do, I would say... BE PATIENT, DAMNIT!
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Hear, Hear! Poking the bear does not make him write any faster...

Although, does anyone want to write 'How Majin Got His Groove Back?'
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

No. Also, I need a little help coming up with some attacks for Harry and the Doctor (have some ideas but would appreciate some input), please PM me all suggestions
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Bear grumble!

I'm at thirteen hundred words at the moment, and I only just recovered from my grad school finals for the semester, which were only finished yesterday.

After spending Friday through Thursday writing for them.

Been largely treating myself most of the day to recover my creative juices.

Why? Because I wrote over 40 pages in the course of six days.

I need at least a day's break before I really get back into it.

As for the Doctor having attacks.

He shouldn't. At least, not conventional weapon attacks. More like status effect attacks and the Repair/Replenish skills.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Majin Gojira wrote: As for the Doctor having attacks.

He shouldn't. At least, not conventional weapon attacks. More like status effect attacks and the Repair/Replenish skills.
I ran into that problem while I was thinking about it and I've mostly decided that he's most likely the kind of guy to carry around either a bunch of EN draining stuff in addition to Chaff Grenades and the other status effect stuff that's mostly given to Super Robots and Ships in OG1 and 2 or use his Sonic Screwdriver to really mess with the laws of physics in the favor of our heroes (minor healing or a temporary stun).
Though I have been debating on him using the Venusian Akido that's mentioned constantly in the Third Doctor's run. Though, I will admit that I want him to use some of the stuff that his previous regenerations used (mostly whenever there's a boss or whenever some of the Elite Mooks show up). Also, the main problem I'm having for Harry is due to the fact that I don't know when in the Dreseden Files timeline this is set in (So I can more accurately judge just what Spirit Commands he currently has as well as what he will gain (more or less I'm judging Soul as a side effect of him gaining Soulfire or him pouring Hellfire into his attacks). And finally, I've been toying with the idea of creating a skill exclusively for mages.
EDIT: would still like some feedback on the stats written for Unit-02 on the ND forum (please PM my account on Spacebattles with feedback and there's also some stats for Unit-01 and Go-kun (with some for Gendo and Yui that I made for fun)).
EDIT2: I must ask who our Bright Noa-expy(the dude in charge who mostly commands using a battleship) is going to be
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

We have three ship captains at the moment: Hammond (Prometheus), Gordon (Gotengo), and Lindy (Ashura).

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

It's been a while since I read the whole thing. But, still I believe we need someone who's pretty much there to make genuis plans and smack people out of any funks they might get into. A final note: Are there any plans to include Stargate: Atlantis or Stargate: Universe?
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Out of time frame.
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

(Tentative) stats for Harry Dresden:
Starting Skills:
SP Regenerate
Gunfight (naturally levels up)
SP Up (naturally levels up)
Spellcraft (enhances magic-based attacks/increases range) (naturally levels up)
Mental
Spirit Commands:
Focus (starts with)
Alert (starts with)
Daunt
Zeal
Drive
Soul
Attacls:
Revolver(ranged) (bullet) (move)-Harry draws revolver, aims, and fires one shell. Range: 1-4, Hit Modifier: +20, Crit Rate: +10 Ammo count: 6
Staff attack(meele) (staff) (move)-Exactly what it says on the tin. Range: 1-3 Hit Modifier: +20, Crit Rate: +20
Fuego(ranged) (fire magic) (move)- Harry draws his blasting rod, aims, concentrates, then launches a fire spell. Range:1=5, Crit Rate: +40, Hit Modifer: +10 Requires 30 EN
Forzare(ranged) (wind magic) (move)- Harry draws his blasting rod, aims, concentrates, then launches a wind spell. Range: 1-6, Crit Rate: +20, Hit Modifier: +30 Requires 20 EN
Car Fu(ranged) (supreme)- Harry summons the Blue Beetle, gets in, rolls down the window, starts the car, sticks his head and arm out of the window (with blasting rod in hand), drives forward at high speed while repeatedly blasting target with fuego spells. Range: 3-5, Crit Rate: +100 (come on its a car hitting a guy after being blasted with fire spells by a crazy wizard) Hit Modifier: +10 Requires 150 Will and 120 EN
Please Critique.
Please note that Car Fu is just a place holder until I can think up something better or I can get a better idea of what Harry will get in the future.
Last edited by Kamikage on 2010-05-11 06:59pm, edited 2 times in total.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Since you bring it up, I may as well start it up again myself:

Negi Springfield
Abilities: Protection - With Magic Skill, nullifies damage by 200x(Magic Lv) when Will exceeds 110 and nullifies special attack (cannot nullify down or stoke special attack,use EN 5)
Parry
Skills:
Magic
Prevail
Infight
Spirit Commands:
Focus
Accelerate
Mercy
Assail
Valor
Gain

Attacks:
Mahouken (Melee) (Move) - Negi strikes the enemy with a martial arts combination, ending in a double palm strike.
Kakudachochu (Melee) (Move) (Magic: Lighting) - Negi shundos towards the opponent and hits them with a lightning charged strike.
Sagitta Magica: Wind (Ranged) (Move) (Magic: Wind) - Negi fires seven streams of wind arrows that restrain the enemy.
Sagitta Magica: Light (Ranged) (Move) (Magic) Negi fires seventeen Light arrows that inflict damage.
Fulguratio Albicans (Ranged) (Magic: Lightning) Negi fires a large burst of lightning from his hand.
Cherry Blossom Fist (Melee) (Supreme) (Magic) - Negi creates a number of Magic arrows and combines them into one hard punch.
Διος Τυκος (Move) (Magic: Lighting) - Negi strikes the enemy with a Kakudachochu, then comes down on them with an axe made of lighting.
Jovis Tempestas Fulguriens (Ranged) (Magic: Wind, Lighting) - Negi fires a huge burst of wind and lightning
Jovis Tempestas Fulguriens (Ranged) (Magic: Wind, Lighting)- MAP attack, hits everything in an area line 8 squares long

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

I call dibs on the Gotengo, everyone from the Dresdenverse, and Alucard. Also, could use some help with the Doctor's moves as well as attacks for Harry.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

In that case, you might want to check out the Dresden Wiki, starting with Harry.

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Thank you for the link but I currently have all of the novels at my house. (I would also like some critique) Also, I should point out that Car Fu mostly serves as a place holder and a bit of a joke based on a thought I once had while reading the TvTropes.org section on Car Fu.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Why does Harry have SP Regen? That's more for mysteriously powerful characters. He's better off with Prevail--the man gets beat up in almost every adventure. Less ability stacking should also be observed: either Mental or SP Regen, not both.

Negi should have Genius, much like Elzam or Latooni.

And, just for shits and giggles, a character that should never be written up (so it will be my only foray into it):

Incarnate Reika Mishima Spoiler
Abilities:
Double Image (always active)

Skills:
Psychic (levels up to 9, increases stats)
SP Regen
Gunfight
Infight
Support (levels up)

Spirit Commands:
Attune
Hope
Rouse
Enable
Pray
Love

Unique Attacks (Outside RahXephon)
- Forbidden Song
- Twin Icon (MAP) - Confuses those in range so they may attack each other, -5 Morale
- Do You Remember Love? (MAP) - -10 Morale to enemies within range
- Torch Song (MAP) - Stuns Enemies within range
- Gong (MAP) - +10 Willpower to Allies within range
- ????????? - ???????
Browncoat

darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

You should give Harry his shield bracelet.
Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

I really want to know when we are Dresdenverse wise (so I can more accurately come up with stuff) and I did say that it basically was a "first draft" of Harry's stats. And to darthdavid, I can't really think of any way to really show that stat-wise other than the Guard Spirit Command and right now I'm more comfortable with his current Spirit list in addition to having six Spirit Commands.
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm going to give him a Shield Ability if it's cool with the author.
EDIT2: As a note I have recently gotten a hold of (but not beaten; in fact I just started) SRW Alpha Gaiden so that should assist in thinking up stats.
EDIT3: I am going to post the (more or less) final draft of Harry's stats as well as the rough draft of The Doctors stats as soon as I find out when we are as far as their respectave series are (I have my suspicions concrening where in the Doctors personal timeline this story is but I won't voice them).
EDIT4: To the author: if it's okay with you (and so it doesn't spoil it for everyone else) could you please PM me the timelines of the Dresdenverse and Doctor Who up to the current point in the story? Also, I asked for everyone to PM me the critiques so we help keep this board clean (look at ND's thread at SpaceBattles and you'll see what I mean).
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Harry’s world was inundated by white, but darkness claimed his sight soon after. His senses were overwhelmed and he knew the cause. The thing that looked like and thought she was a simple little girl.

My instrumentalist,” she boomed, “will not by threatened by anyone!”

Afterwards, when Harry opened his eyes again, his vision was blurred. A blonde woman was standing over him, saying something he only heard as muffled cries. As his vision cleared, he thought he recognized her.

“Murphy?” he groaned.

“No,” The woman answered, the first clear word Harry heard, possibly due to the overabundance of cheer in it, “Right now I’m a nurse.”

Harry’s vision cleared and he did not recognize the woman who he saw now was far taller than Murphy as she helped him to his feet.

Harry felt a leather duster and a staff in his hand. He distinctly remembered coming to the event in a tux, but didn’t feel like arguing with his brain. He needed to know what was going on.

“What happened?” He said, “Where’s Murphy?”

By then the sounds of roars, explosions and guns began to register with him. They were oddly muffled, like listening to them through a pillow. He remembered the world going white and then an explosion. This snapped Harry to his senses, but he still didn’t know what happened.

“I’m over here, Harry” a more familiar voice greeted him.

Harry leaned up in the bed he found himself in to get a better look at the surroundings—and to see where Murphy was. He lay on a cot inside a large tent that, from appearances, was made of several thousand sheets of ordinary paper. He could feel powerful energies flowing through it, keeping it solid and rigid against his weight.

That’s when he realized the Murphy was in more combat-oriented clothing—casual but functional, and armed with a P-90 and other weapons.

“Glad to see you pulled through,” Murphy smiled, “Can you stand?”

Harry nodded as he moved his feet.

“Murphy?” Harry asked, “When did we change?”

“Gift from the TSAB,” she answered, “Remember the forms we filled out?”

Harry did remember--and thought it was very weird at the time. It asked about their standard combat gear to be supplied to them upon the event of a confrontation at the meeting. Harry mentioned his blasting rod, staff and duster.

Seems they could only do so much. They at least gave him something-similar to his duster. The rest of his new ensemble was extremely casual by the standards of the party not minutes before: a T-shirt and jeans.

“Unlike me,” The strange woman interrupted; as her attire changed from a stereotypical (and almost fetishistically short) Nurses’ outfit into a leather motorcycle racer’s attire—complete with helmet, “You can’t change your clothes on a whim.”

Ignoring the frivolous use of powers, Murphy continued, “It sort of makes up for being left behind.”

“Okay, so what happened?”

“Building was hit pretty hard,” She continued, “Most of the VIPs--”

“And our biggest guns,” The strange woman added.

“--have been evacuated to before they cut off our transportation and pinned us down. You took a hit early on and had to be rushed to the back,” Murphy continued.

“Raven hasn’t woken up since they shut down the transportation,” The strange woman said, motioning to Raven’s still form lying in the cot next to his. Rose, now in the combat armor Harry had grown accustomed to seeing—a scale-like armor bits composed most of the dark blue ensemble, a large rifle and a sword strapped to her back.

Behind her was the mage responsible for the armored paper tent. She sat in a paper-chair and was plainly-dressed with pale skin and thick glasses. It consumed the entirety of her concentration.

Nearer to harry, the strange woman’s attire again partly dissolved and shifted in a flash of pink to a red halter top with a heart shaped opening near the center and tight black pants that might as well have been painted on. On her arms were long white gloves and matching long boots.

Harry blinked twice before she added, “Also, I helped fix you all up!”

Harry decided it was best not to argue about that as she cheerily continued, “So we got to fight our way out—isn’t it neat!”

“Just who the hell are you?”

She smirked, “Well, at times I’m a waitress. At other times I’m a battlefield nurse or a Bike Racer. But on assignment, my true identity is: Warrior of Love, Cutie Honey!”

Harry decided, as she said this with a twirl and (physical) sparkle, it was best not to let her elaborate on that fact and turned his attention to his staff—or, rather, the staff he had in hand. It was not his staff. It also helped solidify that he wasn’t wearing his own duster either. He still felt the magic about it, but it was quite different.

The staff was identical to the ones the mage guards had.

“Did she just sparkle?” Murphy said, breaking Harry’s train of thought.

Harry replied: “You saw it too?” and attempted to refocus on the strange staff.

Harry willed some power through it as a test and felt no resistance. The crystal light in the center of the metallic boxy, diamond-like structure at the staff’s top blinked a few times and an electronic voice answered him: “Ready to go.”

Perturbed slightly, Harry nonetheless gave it a mild test. It could channel his power almost as well as his own staff to his surprise. With the firefight all around him, he had bigger things to worry about beyond ‘What the hell is this staff and how did I get a duster on?’

Harry wished he had his proper gear: his own staff, his rings, his revolver; but beggars couldn’t be choosers.

“What can I expect to see out there?” Harry asked.

“There’s these black-leather guys with animal motifs,” Murphy answered, “They’re strong, fast and occasionally do weird things at short range, but are otherwise a little melee restricted.”

“They’re Kaijin,” Honey said, “Cyborg foot soldiers. There’s a lot of them.”

“There’s also these big robots,” Murphy said, “All armed to the teeth, but pretty fragile.”

“Sentinels,” Honey named them.

Harry was starting to like the odds. He and computers never really went together.

“There's some zombies—“

“Solamnun Infected--”

“Which have been outfitted with body armor and automatic weapons,” Murphy continued with a small growl, “Some low level black court vampires, flying robot drone things—”

“Gadget Drones.”

“—Are gonna let me talk?”

“Maybe,” Honey smiled coyly.

“So,” Harry chimed in, “What’s the guy’s name on first base?”

A short moment of silence filtered in before he got an answer.

“No, What’s on second,” Murphy supplied.

“I’m asking you who’s on second,” Harry smirked.

“No, Who’s on first,” Murphy continued.

“I dunno—”

“THIRD BASE!” Honey shouted--her arms immediately raised, fists clenched in excitement.

“Would you mind!” the woman holding the tent together hollered, “I’m trying to concentrate here!”

“Sorry,” Honey said, placing her hand in front of her face in an apologetic completely foreign to Harry.

Harry attempted to get the conversation back on track by asking; “So is that everything?”

“So far,” Murphy said, “Though something new may have appeared.”

“No new enemies within scanning range,” the electronic voice of Harry’s lent staff chirped.

Harry waited a moment before saying “It’s supposed to do that, right?”

“Well, Nanoha’s talks quite a bit from what I’ve heard,” Hone answered, “So I guess so.”

Harry wished he had his own staff—and his revolver, and his force rings, and his blasting rod too.

But he could not afford to be picky currently, “Who else is with us?” he asked.

“There’s about a dozen others currently with us,” Murphy answered.

“Okay, that’s something,” Harry began, but Murphy continued.

“And you won’t like it,” Murphy continued, “I think half of them are under 18 or younger.”

Harry frowned a bit at that news.

“It’s not that bad,” Honey smiled, “There was a 14 year old girl here earlier who healed this guy who had a softball sized hole in his torso! It was amazing!”

A scowl crossed Harry’s face, “Healed how?”

“Like it was never even there.”

Healing magic was not something that could be tossed around lightly. Too much energy into cell regenerative processes and a healing could create horrible cancerous growths or even thaumagenetic tumor monsters. It took power and fines, as well as the proper mindset. To have the amount of skill to heal a lethal injury quickly and with no apparent side effects at the age of 14—that would be a prodigy along the lines of the Thousand Master or even the original Merlin if half the stories about him were true (and they probably weren’t, in Harry’s opinion).

“Alright,” Harry said, “Let’s make sure she gets out of this alive,” and began to walk to the entrance of the tent.

“Um, she’s right over here,” Murphy said, pointing behind Rose and Raven to a very familiar slumbering form on a cot: Konoka Konemon. Resting soundly, showing telltale signs of magical overexertion: pale skin being the most obvious.

“Oh,” was all Harry could manage afterward.

“So get out there and help already,” Rose snarled, “I’ve got the interior covered.”

Harry and the others turned to the exit—which formed from the paper walls in front of them. Stepping out into the battlefield, Harry was reminded of old photographs of war-torn Europe from the forties. The buildings immediately in front of him had been hollowed out at worst, or had pot marks from explosives at the very least.

As he exited, he found himself surrounded by those that were left behind. Out in front were some of the people he had been sitting with—Jack O’Neill’s allies. Surrounding them seemed to be and endless horde of oncoming enemies-mostly the Solanum ghouls.

Solanum ghouls were not true ghouls—Harry had fought enough of those to know. Nor were they true zombies—again, from experience.

They were more of the pop cultural understanding of the zombie. Not controlled by magic, but controlled by a bacteria that infested the brain.

These things were everywhere, lumbering towards the crouching survivors, occasionally firing the odd burst of automatic fire. No rhyme or reason to it. They marched closer and closer to get their teeth into new victims—and thus, slowly, make more of their kind.

Firing back at them were a few of the survivors: The blonde woman and the large black man Harry had seen earlier—he did not catch their names unfortunately—were among them. They were wearing military combat uniforms with black, pouch-laden vests over the jumpsuits. The blond woman wielded a P-90 similar to the one Murphy held. The man had a strange staff—darker, clunkier, and without the crystal that Harry’s had. This one spat yellow bolts of—Harry did not know what—which left football sized burn marks in the armored figures’ chests.

They stood behind a row of overturned cars as the hordes swept down upon them. They had apparently been learned of the Solanum Ghoul’s weak point: The head; the only way to guarantee that they were taken down. That or burn them up—they hated fire.

Before he could view the scene further, a woman’s voice echoed in his head: “Get up here, we need fire support.”

“Flight mode activated,” Harry’s staff announced—which was quickly followed by Harry’s protestation of “Wait, what?”

Harry felt the oddest sensation as he rose in the air. It was like he was floating in water, but less thick.

From his elevating position, he gained a far wider view of the battlefield, and got an idea of how things were set up.

In the center was the triage tent he exited, back to the wall of a building that survived the blast fairly well. At the front of the box-like formation were Murphy and the two soldiers, laying down a layer of surprising fire against the oncoming horde.

On the sides were melee fighters—many of which Harry recognized, out in front, pushing the ghouls back.

Specifically, he recognized Cutie Honey, the Hellboy, his blue Elfin companion, Buffy Summers and the girl Konoka was nuzzling back at the party among them—as well as a green-armored figure with a thick helmet adorned with large, segmented eyes and small antennae (making it look like the head of a grasshopper) and a red scarf that Harry had never seen before.

Solanum ghouls were many things. Tenacious, tough—but they were slow as hell. And those engaging them in melee combat were moving at speeds that would put most of the vampires he’d seen to shame.

In the air above the ghouls, raking through their heads with aplomb, were the large lavender Gargoyle and a blonde girl in black with a cape and a skirt far too short for someone that age (about 10) to ever be wearing at all—let alone into battle. She held a black staff which formed a scythe of yellow lighting at its top with a yellow crystal at its center which slashed the heads of the Solanum ghouls at lightning speeds.

Which left Harry in the air with a young woman and a girl: On one side was the infamous Willower Rosenberg, on the other, that little girl Nanoha. Both had changed their attires—Willow to a green dress, Nanoha to a white one—Nanoha also clutched a white and pink staff with a large round ruby-like crystal at its crown. The two of them rained down bolts of magic of a nature Harry had only rarely seen—or never seen at all in Nanoha’s case. She alternated between pink bullets of energy to wide beams, each with their own name that her staff called out.

Willow silently sent down spell after spell at the incoming horrors. Sometimes a bolt of lightning, other times a ball of fire exploded like a grenade upon contact with the ground—scattering ghouls and setting them on fire—and still others just vanished—forced into the never-never or some other outer dimension.

“Think you can incinerate some zombies?” Willow smiled, “I hear you really good at burning things down.

“I burn down one nightclub,” Harry laughingly grumbled.

“Just be careful for Alucard,” Willow added, “He doesn’t like being burned up.”

“Who?”

“Look for the shadowy amorphous shape eating everything in sight,” She said, “Though don’t look to long—and definitely don’t use your sight.”

She shuddered before sending another team of Solanum ghouls into nothingness, “I don’t even want to imagine what he’s like underneath it all.”

Harry nodded—whoever this Alucard was (probably Dracula—or some iteration their off. Word was there were about 12 different Draculas at one point or another) he really did not want to meet him.

Harry pointed his staff and shouted “Fuego!”

A gout of fire launched from the staff’s tip and billowed over another squad of ghouls, incinerating some instantaneously, and sending others scurrying in fear as the flames spread from the blast point.

At the rate the three areal bombardiers were working, the streets would be clear of Solanum ghouls in mere moments.

Was this all that was left? Where were the robots and cyborgs Honey mentioned?

At that point, Harry inwardly cursed. He knew he just jinxed it.

A glint of blue light caught Harry’s eye, one which grew brighter. It quickly shot into the sky and did not seem to end--then it began to fall.

“Protection” his staff barked and he felt power flow through the staff into a protective barrier—which Harry instinctively bolstered.

A pillar of blue light smashed against the shield—as well as the shield of Willow Rosenberg and the shield of Nanoha, sending sparks and jagged bolts out from the contact point. Pink, Green and translucent silver mixed together against the blue pillar.

A fourth party had also interceded between the three mages, one Harry had clashed with repeatedly over the last three week—and she was using her sword to bolster the defense against the pillar of light. Harry never thought the color pink could be made intimidating, but this “woman” managed to do it.

“Signum?” Harry gasped just before the shields began to crack with the sound of brittle eggshell crumbling away.

They soon shattered and the pillar of light barely passed between them as Harry’s brain was filled with a tingly-spiders-crawling-everywhere sensation from the backlash of his shattered will—along with a splash across his face of warm liquid.

The pillar of light hit the ground first; cutting through the barrier the gunmen had been using and shattering the triage tent in a single blow. Sending everything in its path away from their formerly secure position.

Harry crashed to the ground, though the landing was far more comfortable than he was expecting.

He reached a hand to his face to wipe the offending liquid from his face as it started to creep down is face. He stood back up and look at it—confirming his fears.

Blood.

Looking to his left at the women who were next to him, he saw Signum bleeding from a cut on the arm, Willow with a cut over her head which bleed over an eye—forcing it shut.

But in her arms was that little girl in the white dress, Nanoha, splattered with blood and far more pale than she was before. A large gash traced down on her right side, between her neck and the edge of her shoulder, down to just below her elbow.

Her eyes moved frantically--but slowly, the only sign Harry could see that she was still alive—somehow. She was already deep in shock.

He looked to the pillar of light, which he could now see was connected to a mountain of a man in mechanical armor. The pillar itself was directly connected to a sword hilt the man carried.

“There is nothing,” The man boomed as the pillar of light shrank and condensed itself into a blade at least 7 or 8ft in length, “that my blade cannot cut!”
Last edited by Majin Gojira on 2010-05-17 08:50am, edited 2 times in total.
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (New!)

Post by Kamikage »

I REALLLY hope that Harry's the one to take him down this time (with some help from SG-1, Murphy, Alucard and Hellboy (Harry lands the final blow). Are we ever going to have a straight Heroes vs. Mook fight (it just seems a bit too early for bosses to show up every mission)? Though my only real complaint about this chapter is the lack of action, as well as the fact that right now Harry seems like some manner of newbie at doing this stuff while everyone else is kicking ass. Though, I could be a little biased on that point.
EDIT: I suspect I will have to change his focus (and thus attack animation) when I make the final stat page for Harry.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

There is action, but it's being regulated to the background. Perhaps a little expansion on it could be done.

Conformed combatants:
Harry
Murphy
Cutey Honey
Kamen Rider
Nanoha (injured)
Fate
Signum
Goliath
Yomiko Readman Character Guide: Protagonist of Read or Die. Loves to read books, can manipulate paper like a Fae manipulates reality.
Alucard
Setsuna
Konoka (drained)
Sam
Teal'c
Buffy
Willow Rosenberg
Rose Wilson
Raven
Hellboy
T.J.

Possible Combatants:
Angela
Broadway
Seras
Vita
Zafira
Shamal
A-Ko (Call it my sense of drama combined with previous posts)

Enemies
Solarium Ghouls
FREAK Vampires
Sentinels
Gadget Drones
Kaijin
Wodan Ymir
Composite Superman Prime (See A-Ko)
Last edited by SAMAS on 2010-05-17 07:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Given the limited perspective, it was really hard to write a sequence of Harry looking over 13 or so different characters beating up mooks.

Not enough awesome and it wasn't flowing right.

I plan to have some segments now that the there's fewer things to hit.

But Harry's not going to be the one to take down Wodan. There are 3 other characters with deeper emotional investments in doing that that are all in play ATM.

As to why he's not kicking that much ass--well, he got hit hard and is now using equipment he isn't familiar with. The fact that he needed to scan the surroundings first to get his bearings just makes it seem less awesome.

He's got some awesome waiting in the wings. No worries.
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

You know, I think I'm a bit too used to the ND thread now. I'm not used to the lack of postings with everyone and the grandmothers showing up to comment. Still, this thread is the better of the two because it makes sense. And thank you for the information and the prevalence of followable logic in the story.
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Hmmm, not bad, not half bad at all. Nice bit of humor before the dark action of the cliffhanger.

IMO, however, Awesome isn't always newer and flashier toys. An old guy can be awesome by virtue of doing more with less and adapting the tools at hand in novel ways.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Also called "The Batman Principle."
Browncoat