CW's Batwoman trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

tezunegari
Jedi Knight

CW's Batwoman trailer

Post by tezunegari »

*sigh*
Really?
I was interested in this but the trailer makes this feel like Riri Williams from the Ironman comics.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: CW's Batwoman trailer

Post by Crazedwraith »

Could you elaborate?
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2019-05-17 07:43am Could you elaborate?
On Riri Williams?
She's the 15 year old replacement for Tony Stark as Ironman in the comics.
A teen with genius level intellect and a scholarship for MIT.
She reverse-engineered an Ironman suit and copied it with stolen materials from the MIT.

When she gets found out and forced to return the suit she bitches about being treated like a criminal.
(I didn't follow the comic for long, the character was just too unlikable)

To me, this trailer makes Kate/Batwoman to be similar.
She trespasses on WayneTech property, Bruce's office to specific, and enters the batcave without apparant invitation.
"This suit is literal perfection."
"Yes, once hit fits a woman."

And after taking the Cowl she is apparently pissed for getting mistaken for the original hero using that costume.

there isn't a single moment in this trailer that makes me like this character.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
InsaneTD
Jedi Knight

Post by InsaneTD »

It says in the trailer she's his cousin. Sounds like she can claim Wayne Industries so it's actually hers. Personally I'm excited and am looking forward too it, even if I have to wait a year to see it.

*grumble, grumble, I don't live in Narnia, grumble, grumble*
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Personal I think they're pushing "I'm a woman hear me roar" angle a bit too much, the character doesn't need to a mysandrist to work and IIRC that wasn't part of the character in the comics and Kate Kane was perfectly willing and capable of working with men when it suited her needs. That said the "classic" costume looks nice.

Also I wonder if this gonna happen in "present day" or earlier as from the trailer it seems Kate Kane was kicked out due to "Don't ask, Don't tell" and that ended in 2011, while it's not impossible for it to be set in present day (the actress playing the lead role in her mid 30s), it put limits.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

InsaneTD wrote: 2019-05-18 07:06am It says in the trailer she's his cousin. Sounds like she can claim Wayne Industries so it's actually hers. Personally I'm excited and am looking forward too it, even if I have to wait a year to see it.

*grumble, grumble, I don't live in Narnia, grumble, grumble*
Living in Narnia would make it far worse, you'd be over 100 by the time it comes out unless you commute to Mundania daily for work or something, in which case you might live to see it without direct magical intervention, barring getting stabbed in a romantic dispute by a platypus or something.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

The Girl Power moments in this trailer seemed, to me at least, to be less on the nose than Robin's "Fuck Batman" in the Titans trailer. I'll keep an open mind on this one.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

MOVED TO APPROPRIATE FORUM
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet