Best subreddit(s) for effective karma whoring?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

lGrand Anhoop
Youngling

Best subreddit(s) for effective karma whoring?

Post by lGrand Anhoop »

R/atheism is pretty good a times, but it doesn't seem too reliable - are there any better ones? One with lots of constant traffic and some kind of high-concept topic would obviously be suitable - all I'd really need is the ability to accumulate like 20-30 points within a day or two, without too much effort.

Anyone know anything about this?
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Re: Best subreddit(s) for effective karma whoring?

Post by Elheru Aran »

Why are you asking? We aren't here to kick up your stats on another website.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
lGrand Anhoop
Youngling

Post by lGrand Anhoop »

Well no, I'm the one who's gonna kick up the stats, you just say where :D

And I mean if you do know, why not just say it :D

Nah some subreddits block comments until a certain karma is reached, and then if you disagree with anyone on anything they start downvoting you and then your comments don't show up again - so I was just looking for a place where things can get "recharged" without much of a fuss.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

The obvious answer is /aww, get your own cute dog or cat, post pictures on the internet and enjoy fake internet points.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
lGrand Anhoop
Youngling

Post by lGrand Anhoop »

I think I need like comment karma not post karma, do they tend to upvote a lot if I just say "wow awesome dog" or something? I mean I guess I'll try, but I thought I'd ask...
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

lGrand Anhoop wrote:R/atheism is pretty good a times, but it doesn't seem too reliable - are there any better ones? One with lots of constant traffic and some kind of high-concept topic would obviously be suitable - all I'd really need is the ability to accumulate like 20-30 points within a day or two, without too much effort.

Anyone know anything about this?
If you're good with insults, r/roastme.

If you like pretending to post on a completely different website while actually being on the self-metastatic tumor that is reddit, r/4chan.

If you can handle writing with such extreme detachment from reality that of only the most delusional inmates of the old asylum systems could manage and have an esophagus considerably basic or resistant to acid, r/thedonald.

If you want to actually be decent in life, close the reddit tab or window and let your active login expire. Then don't log in again or open reddit again.
lGrand Anhoop
Youngling

Post by lGrand Anhoop »

Hm, given my general stupidity I think I'll follow the 3rd advice, and disregard the 4th.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

R/Photoshop battles works, but the simplest is to read the 'new' tab, comment on interesting stuff and get a thousand up votes on that comment due to visibility if the thread rises higher.

For grade a karma whoring, spot the reports, go to the previous thread and post the top comment from that. Some threads don't have an original thought for the first screen. I love the internet.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Karma whoring is easy as piss. I've been able to rack up thousands of points in a day just by being flippant. If you want link karma, just get an RSS reader, add a bunch of news sites and post them to /r/politics as they come out.

Just don't be another stupid asshole that plagiarizes the same 12 questions or "thoughts" from ShowerThoughts or AskReddit.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

There should be some tantric Hindu-Buddhist sexosteric practice so you'd be literally karma-whoring.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

If you get paid to suck a cock, it's just a day at work. If you do it for free, it's good karma.

You're welcome.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
HortonX25
Redshirt

Post by HortonX25 »

Use inspect element to make it look like you have more points then you do.

Why? It's about as pointless. Why do you like getting karma anyway? Is it because you like to feel like you're a good poster? Then why is whoring a good thing? As then it's not doing that and making good posters, it's making one liners to be funny.

I do recall Reddit did have a system at one point in which you can't post much if you don't get enough karma. I'm not sure on the extents of it, but if it's only a bit, then how hard is getting that karma? Like whoring isn't needed.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Some subs require a minimum amount to weed out alt spam accounts. But beyond that it's mostly pointless. But for most of the public ones it's totally irrelevant.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Skywalker4eva
Redshirt

Post by Skywalker4eva »

Can't go wrong with posting doggie pics on awww
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Skywalker4eva wrote:Can't go wrong with posting doggie pics on awww
Damn right number 3 on Aww as we speak
Good work Kiki

I post something of Kiki about once a month and it tends to rate high, Huskies are a shoe in as per the number 1 which has 33,000 upvotes.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Skywalker4eva wrote:Can't go wrong with posting doggie pics on awww
I've found it can be pretty brutal. A couple of downvotes early on and your post is going absolutely nowhere.
lGrand Anhoop
Youngling

Post by lGrand Anhoop »

madd0ct0r wrote:but the simplest is to read the 'new' tab, comment on interesting stuff and get a thousand up votes on that comment due to visibility if the thread rises higher.

For grade a karma whoring, spot the reports, go to the previous thread and post the top comment from that. Some threads don't have an original thought for the first screen. I love the internet.