Suggestions for one day in Munich?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Suggestions for one day in Munich?

Post by Exonerate »

I might have a day to see the sights in Munich, any of our German members or people who have visited before have any recommendations on what to do? I was thinking of hitting up the Bavarian State Archaeological Collection but wasn't quite sure what else would be worth seeing (or how much time to spend there). Not so interested in the pure art museums, but everything else I could be convinced to visit.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
Raesene
Jedi Master

Re: Suggestions for one day in Munich?

Post by Raesene »

I recommend that one:
Deutsches Museum
It is, despite its name, a technology mueum. I liked it when I was there about 15 years ago and haven't heard anything bad about it seince then..

They have an aircraft museum in a suburb, Flugwerft Schleissheim.

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

salm
Rabid Monkey

Re: Suggestions for one day in Munich?

Post by salm »

It is not a day filling thing but it is worth walking past the Eisbach and watch the people surfing the river for a while: