'Assassin's Creed' is sexist for adding female characters?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Are the developers of 'Assassins Creed: Syndicate' right to add Evie?

Yes, it's a step towards greater gender equality in video games.
84%
No, it's just a band-aid, i.e., they did the minimum they could get away with, to silence those with legitimate complaints about their sexism.
16%

Total votes: 19

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: 'Assassin's Creed' is sexist for adding female character

Post by Vendetta »

Right, but what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Why did you bring it up, it's a total non sequitur.
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

Vendetta wrote:Right, but what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Why did you bring it up, it's a total non sequitur.
All I did is theorize in the space of two complete sentences certain ones are ones you might even try hire as an adviser, and they might not even take the job. Mostly because they like what they're already doing and they don't want limitations on it. Someone blew it up and is trying to drag details out of me on why someone wouldn't take a job of all things "because I fucking like what I'm doing leave me the fuck alone". Got issues with that, go ask Zixinus.
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Are you intentionally trying to make your posts as poorly worded and confusing as possible?
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:Are you intentionally trying to make your posts as poorly worded and confusing as possible?
I'm sorry for not making everything I say the thesis of it's own paragraph for someone to then blow up?
Darth Nostril
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Nostril »

That's a yes then.
So I stare wistfully at the Lightning for a couple of minutes. Two missiles, sharply raked razor-thin wings, a huge, pregnant belly full of fuel, and the two screamingly powerful engines that once rammed it from a cold start to a thousand miles per hour in under a minute. Life would be so much easier if our adverseries could be dealt with by supersonic death on wings - but alas, Human resources aren't so easily defeated.

Imperial Battleship, halt the flow of time!

My weird shit NSFW
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

Darth Nostril wrote:That's a yes then.
No, it's literally not. Because the idea of a person saying no to an employment offer was a subthought to a paragraph got yanked out of its context and blown up into a non sequitir. Because someone couldn't process the idea of saying 'no'. I agree about the non-sequitir. I don't agree for the blame on me. I try to explain the idea. Oh well. The idea of it just being a sub thought to a paragraph? Meh. For you. Fuck off if you don't like it and especially if you want to blame it on me.
Darth Nostril
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Nostril »

One day you will be able to communicate your ideas clearly and concisely. Today is not that day.
I literally have no idea what you are blithering on about.
So I stare wistfully at the Lightning for a couple of minutes. Two missiles, sharply raked razor-thin wings, a huge, pregnant belly full of fuel, and the two screamingly powerful engines that once rammed it from a cold start to a thousand miles per hour in under a minute. Life would be so much easier if our adverseries could be dealt with by supersonic death on wings - but alas, Human resources aren't so easily defeated.

My weird shit NSFW
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

Fuck off then.
Darth Nostril
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Nostril »

Ye gods you finally managed to use clear and concise language.
Why was that so hard to do? Why couldn't you manage that in all your previous missives?

Seriously before you reply take a deep breath and think about what you're going to say, you are trying to communicate an idea so stop, think, then actually communicate.

My weird shit NSFW
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Seriously. If you can't grasp the fact that I'm asking you if they're content with being critical of the industry as a whole why should they take a contract with one specific company, I really am not going to beat your head with a clue bat any further.
I think you do not understand why I asked for clarifications: not because your question was difficult to understand, but because I couldn't understand what the hell you were even TRYING to say. Your posts were confusingly worded.

To answer the question: that's up to people like Anita and whether they would be even offered such a question in the first place. In some very esoteric situation it might be useful to do so but what change is advocated for isn't that she needs to be a developer. But that the developers give her a chance to change their mind about certain topics.

Should she try to be a developer? Only if she wants to and thus would have a point. The legitimacy or lack of thereof of what she is saying won't be changed.

Btw, the video I linked to? One of the creators (the writer, Jim IIRC) actually does that: he is a consultant to various video game companies and has worked extensively in the industry. He does precisely what you are asking for and his experience is precisely one of the reasons he participates in making those videos in the first place.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

Zixinus wrote: Btw, the video I linked to? One of the creators (the writer, Jim IIRC) actually does that: he is a consultant to various video game companies and has worked extensively in the industry. He does precisely what you are asking for and his experience is precisely one of the reasons he participates in making those videos in the first place.
Except I wasn't asking for anything. I literally like what she does. I had a subthought to a paragraph that you exploded after ripping out of context because the idea of her or someone like her saying 'no' is strange("Not that they'll let you[hire her], they're more interested in what they do. But there that is.")? I don't know.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Complain to me about "ripping out of context" when you can coherently present your thoughts. I am under no obligation to try and puzzle out what you meant to say if you don't and I'm tired of guessing them.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

Zixinus wrote:Complain to me about "ripping out of context" when you can coherently present your thoughts. I am under no obligation to try and puzzle out what you meant to say if you don't and I'm tired of guessing them.
I don't know, maybe that's what paragraphs are for. Lose the sentence before it and you lose part of the thought. Ask me about that when you pass grammar school and it's no longer a crapshoot for you.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

You are incredibly insulted for doing something that is standard practice on this board.
Credo!
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Both of you are obviously no longer talking about the subject, so move the fuck on.