Time traveling Hitler RAR

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Re: Time traveling Hitler RAR

Post by Purple »

Adamskywalker007 wrote:
Purple wrote:I do. I just also understand that fundamentally it's just a personal emotion and not physical fact. And emotions are something you can get over. You just have to realize that it's all just you feeling it.
I'm sorry, but are you a sociopath?
No, not really. I just think that when it comes down to it what someone, anyone, me included feels is fundamentally meaningless if it conflicts with actual reality. I can feel like a bird all day long but that won't make me fly. And I just have to accept that, deal with it and ultimately get over it. Life is a newer ending stream of giving up what you feel should be and is in face of the cruel and unyielding reality of what actually is.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

My solution to this thread: fuck whores till you die and issue as many insane lunatic decrees as possible, so that the very idea of the Nazi Reich would be ridiculed for ages to come after it inevitably loses the war.

Maybe even go to Nuremberg to stand trial and there make a complete fool of oneself.

I guess that is the only way to endure it.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Find a particularly creative way to commit suicide.

You're asking me to alter one of the fundamental events that build the modern world, even ignoring the question of existence of god knows how many people through butterflies, or the countless close calls for total nuclear annihilation we've avoided in our own timeline that for want of a nail might end up effectively destroying everything.

Furthermore you're putting me in a point where sheer inertia will cause some of the most horrific things of the regime to happen anyway, and my sudden U-Turn on those policies to throw a lot of suspicion on me. Of course to top it all off even if I could make changes, to make any of them stick I have to keep a horrific regime in power.

Couldn't you have at least put me in the body of someone I could have done some good in? Like someone higher up in the allies to stop the firebombing of German civilians, or maybe using the first atomic bombs on targets that won't horrifically kill hundreds of thousands of civilians.

So yeah, the ROB can go screw itself, the 'reward' is nothing of the sort and comes at a cost of being personally culpable in so much horror and potentially destroying anything good that might have come from then.
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Since nazism is a centerpiece of modern history, even if an ugly one, I think my solutuon is superior. Discrediting it on whole new levels would be the way to go.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

K. A. Pital wrote:Since nazism is a centerpiece of modern history, even if an ugly one, I think my solutuon is superior. Discrediting it on whole new levels would be the way to go.
Only if your changes stick. Your plan sounds like it would be harder for Nazi Germany to survive the war than the original timeline. Which means the changes you make get reset.

Not to say it's a bad plan. It might somehow work and I can't see it making things worse without triggering the timeline reset.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Why? I can make the Nazis laughable without actually making them worse at fighting the war.

Assalti Frontali
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

K. A. Pital wrote:Why? I can make the Nazis laughable without actually making them worse at fighting the war.
That's not enough to make the changes stick. You need to make them laughable while surviving as the dictator of Nazi Germany until your natural death. Keeping yourself in power after losing the war is the part I find questionable.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I do not need to have the changes applied in my original timeline. As far as I understood, there are two timelines, so even if due to OP the Nazis end up being more laughable in some bizzareverse, and that is not transplanted into my original timeline, I think I can live with it.

Assalti Frontali
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

K. A. Pital wrote:I do not need to have the changes applied in my original timeline. As far as I understood, there are two timelines, so even if due to OP the Nazis end up being more laughable in some bizzareverse, and that is not transplanted into my original timeline, I think I can live with it.
Fair enough.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Yeah. I am wary of trying to remove or remodel the Nazis alltogether, because... Yeah, genocidal nationalism is a bad idea, but before the Nazis it was not widely understood and condemned by people from all the different cultures of the Earth. They are a centerpiece of history indeed. So I'd direct the efforts at discrediting them as opposed to denazifying some alternative Germany and thereby moving the danger of nazism becoming a popular form of fascism into the alternative future.

Assalti Frontali
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

K. A. Pital wrote:My solution to this thread: fuck whores till you die and issue as many insane lunatic decrees as possible, so that the very idea of the Nazi Reich would be ridiculed for ages to come after it inevitably loses the war.
Why am I getting a mental image of an anachronistic release of the full Director's Cut edition of Springtime For Hitler...? :twisted: :roll: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

By 1940 the machinery is already rolling and it is likely too late to stop it. I doubt you could stop just about any of the state's plans at this point with minorities living inside its borders because the fact is Europe is starving because of your war and their are too many mouths to feed. Grain imports from the Soviet Union can prop you up but keep in mind that Germany's financial system was relying on plunder in order to prop up the Reichsmark and supply Germans with jobs in the armaments industry. Armaments aren't too good at anything except war and you need war to keep the armaments industry afloat so where I wonder, is this all going?

The decision to invade the Soviet Union was much more tempting than people gave it credit for. Also it must come in 1941 or the gap between Soviet and German readiness for war will start to shrink. You need the grains of the Ukraine and oils of the Maikop and Grozny to keep Germany strong enough to fight off the inevitable hordes of Anglo-American bombers that will soon be blocking the sun out over Germany. Moreover Stalin's manipulations of trade and political deals almost always reveal Russian primacy in those affairs at Germany's cost. Stalin was essentially treating Germany as a vassal believing he had Hitler on the diplomatic ropes and I'm sure his demands will only be greater as the war's fortunes turn against you. This isn't likely to bother Germans as long as Goebbels can spin it, but it will slowly undermine Hitler's primacy in the party and encourage the party's internal personalities to pursue their own agendas.

Is it possible to halt the titanic machine of Barbarossa by 1940? Maybe. But I don't think it would be very easy.
Best care anywhere.