RIP Wayne Richard Wells

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Jub
Sith Marauder

RIP Wayne Richard Wells

Post by Jub »

The front man of Static-X Wayne Richard Wells, better known as Wyane Static, is being reported as dead at the age of 48.
Wayne Static, former frontman of metal band Static-X, has died. He was 48.

A representative for the singer announced the death of Static, whose real name was Wayne Richard Wells, on the evening of Nov. 1.

No information was provided other than that Static was was due to set out on a co-headlining tour with Powerman 5000 and Drowning Pool over the next several months. A tweet from Static's official handle was posted some six hours before the news was announced.

Static formed his namesake band in 1994, releasing debut album Wisconsin Death Trip in 1999; the album went platinum. They would go on to release five more albums, ending with 2009's Cult of Static, before Static launched a solo career.

The singer/guitarist/keyboardist was known for his signature hairstyle, which was spiked up to stand on end.

Condolences from all over the hard rock community have been pouring in on social media (see below) including one from Papa Roach frontman Jacoby Shaddix, who commented, "addiction is real and takes fools out."
I enjoyed Static-X, they made some good uptempo metal. I hadn't heard his post 2009 solo stuff, but either way metal lost another one too early. RIP Wayne and keep on rocking wherever you may have ended up.
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Re: RIP Wayne Richard Wells

Post by Joun_Lord »

Darn, that sucks. I used to listen to their music all the time back in HS after getting into Static-X from their track on Batman Beyond Return of the Joker. Their music wasn't depressing like alot of other metal seemed to be and had some pretty awesome videos back wen Mtv and VH1 actually played music (Black and White being my personal favorite video).

Just about a week ago I was going through some boxes and found my old CDs including several Static-X. I was meaning to look them up considering my newest CD was from about 2005.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Re: RIP Wayne Richard Wells

Post by Alferd Packer »

Yeah, this one really bummed me out. I've always been a huge Static-X fan. They were such a great act live.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.