Gracepoint (TV show).

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Gracepoint (TV show).

Post by The Romulan Republic »

For those who don't know, Gracepoint is a remake of Broadchurch. Its a mystery.

I'm interested in it because it was made where I live and David Tennant's in it. I'm making this thread in case anyone here wants to discuss it.

Edit: I think its on at 9:00 pm Pacific time today.
Last edited by The Romulan Republic on 2014-10-03 05:05pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Re: Gracepoint.

Post by Adam Reynolds »

I haven't seen the episode, but based on the trailer it looks like a shot for shot remake of the original with literally the only difference being American accents and mostly new actors. Though I have heard that the exact plot was going to change, so who knows how that will play out, but at least it is the original writers.

It was interesting how Broadchurch was really about the effects of something like this on people rather than simply being another mystery series. I wonder how that will change for an American setting?
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

I haven't seen Broadchurch so I can't compare it to Gracepoint very much, but I thought the first episode was pretty good aside from overuse of slow motion and a little excessive melodrama. I'll probably watch the next part.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Perhaps adding "TV Show" to the title might help for those unfamiliar with what you're talking about. 'Gracepoint' by itself sounds like some US Christian church name or something like that.

Seriously, I think it actually is... [googles] yeah, plenty of those. Honestly, I wasn't sure before I opened the topic if you had just gone to some new church or something :P
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Gracepoint (TV show).

Done.

Hopefully that will clear up any misconceptions.