Anybody planning on watching Birdman?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Anybody planning on watching Birdman?

Post by Enigma »

I haven't got much of a clue as to what is going on since I am hearing impaired but the trailer looks good.

Your thoughts?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Anybody planning on watching Birdman?

Post by LadyTevar »

What. The Hell. Was That.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Darmalus
Jedi Master

Post by Darmalus »

Midlife Crisis: The Movie
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Am I the only one who was disappointed that it wasn't a live adaptation of this?

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

Looks fascinating
Raw Shark wrote:Am I the only one who was disappointed that it wasn't a live adaptation of this?
Disappointed is such a strong word.
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

I was more disappointed it wasn't a film adaptation of "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law." I would definitely pay to see Colbert in live-action as Phil Ken Sebben.

Anyway, I don't have the slightest fucking clue what just happened in that trailer. I will probably end up seeing it. My prediction is that it will be good for a few laughs but will be a disappointment overall. The trailer has a few worrying touches of super pretentious bullshit, which might overshadow any fun invoked by Michael Keaton acting crazy.
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

From what I understand it's a drama focused on the life of an actor who's been type-cast as "that guy who plays Birdman." So, a movie about an actor who stars in a superhero movie.

Might be worth a watch, but unless it gets super awesome reviews I'll be waiting until it hits NetFlix or RedBox.
Children of the Ancients
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.