OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Goonies sequel in the works

Post by Borgholio »

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/gooni ... 201153118/
It must be true that Goonies never say “die.”

After years of anticipation, “The Goonies” sequel may finally be in the works.

Director Richard Donner told TMZ that he plans to bring back the entire original cast for the follow-up to his 1986 cult classic.

Asked if he was going to make another comic book movie, the filmmaker said, “If you call ‘Goonies’ a comic book. We’re doing a sequel.”

Corey Feldman, Josh Brolin, Sean Astin, Jeff Cohen and Martha Plimpton starred in the adventure comedy. Donner didn’t mention whether the film will follow the gang 28 years later or feature them in cameo roles.

While promoting “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” last year, Astin told IGN that he was absolutely positive that a sequel would be shot. Sequel buzz has only amplified since then.

“It will happen,” he said. “I’m 1000 percent certain there will be a sequel. I will bet my children on it.”
Not quite true about the original cast. Sadly, Mama Fratelli and Sloth died awhile back.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
TronPaul
Padawan Learner

Re: Goonies sequel in the works

Post by TronPaul »

I am not ready for my favorite movie to be ruined by a sequel. Especially one with an all grown up cast. To me, this is more terrifying than the Disney doing Star Wars.
If it waddles like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it's a KV-5.
Vote Electron Standard, vote Tron Paul 2012
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

God damn it. Now I have to watch The Goonies again. And my only copy is in German, which is just not the same even if I understand most of it. Hmmm.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

How do you say "The Truffle Shuffle" in German?
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

It has been a while since I saw The Goonies (in german. vhs copy in my closet), but there are a few ways, and I dont remember which they used. die Trüffel Shuffle(yay loan words), die Trüffel Tanz. A few others, including compounds. I dont know if there is a noun form of the verb "schlurfen" that applies to a dance but that is a possibility.
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

They could easily bring back Sean and Corey as actors for a 'grown-up' version sequel, but they'd have to completely recast Chunk. Preferably played by some fit 40-something bodybuilder, because it seems like the perfect progression of how the formerly pudgy, clumsy, bullied whiner kid had changed because of his adventure.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

because it seems like the perfect progression of how the formerly pudgy, clumsy, bullied whiner kid had changed because of his adventure.
What's the first thing he ate after he got back from his adventure? An entire goddamn pizza. Yeah he didn't change. :-P
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

TronPaul wrote:I am not ready for my favorite movie to be ruined by a sequel. Especially one with an all grown up cast. To me, this is more terrifying than the Disney doing Star Wars.
This will neither cause the original film to cease existing or make it less than what it was. It will only be ruined in your own mind. One need not be pained by sequels, remakes, reboots or spinoffs. They don't do anything to the originals, and can be enjoyed (or not) on their own merits.

Highlander 2 didn't make Highlander any less of a film.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Lagmonster wrote:They could easily bring back Sean and Corey as actors for a 'grown-up' version sequel, but they'd have to completely recast Chunk. Preferably played by some fit 40-something bodybuilder, because it seems like the perfect progression of how the formerly pudgy, clumsy, bullied whiner kid had changed because of his adventure.
Actually they wouldnt. The actor is a sexy manbeast now. Of course, he is also a lawyer....