Don't text and drive, assholes

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Korvan
Jedi Master

Re: Don't text and drive, assholes

Post by Korvan »

The ultimate in distracted driving (bike riding in this case) that I've seen was a gentleman riding his bike down a hill reading a book with both hands while steering with his feet.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Re: Don't text and drive, assholes

Post by Raw Shark »

Zaune wrote:
Raw Shark wrote:Oh yeah, don't get me started on distracting the driver. I've had everything from a four-man fistfight in my cab on the highway, to a girl sticking her hand down my pants while I was turning in a busy intersection and nearly causing a head-on with a Jeep Cherokee, to a 30# pug bullseyeing my nuts while we were doing 70mph on the freeway, to two (2) people on separate occasions who put their hands firmly over my eyes while I was driving, to a lunatic passenger actually trying to wrestle the wheel away from me.
No partition between you and the passenger compartment? I thought that was mandatory for livery cabs in most places.
That is most definitely not the case in Colorado, which has the worst conditions in the USA for livery cab drivers that I am presently aware of (all 49 other states in the union regulating either cab rental fees and/or number of allowed medallions to protect the individual driver, which this state rather pointedly does not do).

My protection from my passengers is, to put it mildly, self-enforced.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker