Rebel Leader

Re: I lost my dad tonight.

Post by phongn »

My condolences, Steve.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

We had the service today. It was proper for Dad, marred only by a pastor unfamiliar with him relying heavily on my Grandmother's... skewed memories and views of him.

My brother gave the high point. Having nothing to say himself, he merely had a song played, one that he and Dad loved and which Dad considered his song: Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man".
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

I'd give you a hug if you were in range, Steve, but I'll settle for well-wishing and giving Skynyrd a play in your dad's honor.

Keep your chin up, my man.
JADAFETWA
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

My condolences.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

my condolences big steve.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin