[Discussion] Next Coliseum Match!

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Publius
Jedi Council Member

Re: [Discussion] Next Coliseum Match!

Post by Publius »

At the request of Tiriol:
I and the board member Darth Hoth have discussed about the possibility of doing a Coliseum debate about the Jedi morality. Although it does not hold much critical importance or relevance, it could be used as a starting point for more Coliseum debates, since the said area of the board has lacked all traffic since the last debate.

The topics of the debate would be as follows: how Younglings/Padawans are treated; Jedi philosophy (and its contradictions and oddities); the Jedi relationship with the Republic; how the Jedi compare to their opponents, the Sith; and the inner workings and customs of the Jedi Order.

Due to the real life difficulties we (debaters) would like to request that if our debate is accepted, that Christmas time (and possibly New Year) would be given as off-time without endangering possible time limits; otherwise, we request that the debate would start only after Christmas.
Forwarded with hearty endorsement by this Senator.
God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I think that's quite a good idea.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

I would certainly second this and offer that is there are no objections in the next few days we pass this by unanimous consent.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

CmdrWilkens wrote:I would certainly second this and offer that is there are no objections in the next few days we pass this by unanimous consent.
Since we appear to have no backlog of cases seeking to be resolved in the Coliseum, I say let 'em go. And I have no objection to letting them start right away and take a break during the holidays.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"