On the American Constitution Party

Get advice, tips, or help with science or religion debates that you are currently participating in.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

kouchpotato
Youngling

On the American Constitution Party

Post by kouchpotato »

I need help debating a member of the Constitution Party against somebody on an IRC I frequent. I'm not very familiar with American politics in particular (I'd say I have some knowledge), so if someone with more knowledge than me could help I'd really appreciate it.

Specifically;

Does the Constitution Party run for Federal office? Wikipedia seems to say so, but according to the party they go for state/local offices only.

Does the following quote - "No government may legalize the taking of the unalienable right to life without justification, including the life of the pre-born; abortion may not be declared lawful by any institution of state or local government - legislative, judicial, or executive." - mean that the State government wouldn't have the right to make abortion lawful?

Thanks in advance
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Re: On the American Constitution Party

Post by Samuel »

mean that the State government wouldn't have the right to make abortion lawful?
Correct. It would mean under no circumstance could abortion be performed, although the death penalty would still be considered legitamate (because it falls under with justification).
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

They're a third party. They "run" for federal offices, but they have no monetary support, very little infrastructure, and, consequently, very few votes. They may endorse candidates of other parties (i.e. Obama and McCain were actually endorsed by a large number of different parties across the nation, but they're referred to as a Democrat or Republican because those are the two that matter), but that doesn't really count.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
kouchpotato
Youngling

Post by kouchpotato »

Thanks for the help. Is there a website with info on them (other then their website)?