Has McCain actually already LOST?(Yes he has)

View threads from the forum's history which have been deemed important, noteworthy, or which do a good job of covering frequently raised issues.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Re: Has McCain actually already LOST?

Post by RedImperator »

Darth Wong wrote:
RedImperator wrote:
Darth Wong wrote:I still don't understand why voting has to be such a tedious process that people have to line up for hours to do it. When I voted in our recent Canadian federal election, it took less than five minutes. It's almost as if they're trying to actively discourage voting in the US.
That's easy. Just don't provide enough polling places and voting machines in poor districts. I voted this morning in a mostly white, middle class district and I was in and out in five minutes, and that was with me checking three times to make sure I'd voted properly in every race.
Who controls how many voting machines there are per citizen in any given district, and why isn't it a scandal that poor black people are discouraged from voting?
State and local voting officials. It's not always partisan--Philadelphia is a heavily Democratic city in a state with a Democratic government, so I can only assume the problems in Philadelphia are the result of incompetence, not malice.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Darth Wong wrote:
RedImperator wrote:
Darth Wong wrote:I still don't understand why voting has to be such a tedious process that people have to line up for hours to do it. When I voted in our recent Canadian federal election, it took less than five minutes. It's almost as if they're trying to actively discourage voting in the US.
That's easy. Just don't provide enough polling places and voting machines in poor districts. I voted this morning in a mostly white, middle class district and I was in and out in five minutes, and that was with me checking three times to make sure I'd voted properly in every race.
Who controls how many voting machines there are per citizen in any given district, and why isn't it a scandal that poor black people are discouraged from voting?
Almost universally its the Secretary of State for the given state. If one wants to wonder why it isn't a scandal simply look at the names Ken Blackwell and Kathrine Harris then remember its a partisan post. It may be a scandal to the opposition but the conduct of SecState's nationwide often comes under a microscope only at this time of the year and since the post is almost always appointed it would take the voters punishing their governor either in 2 years or 4 years later for this kind of thing.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Yes. Yes he has.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Can I recommend we lock this off now that the race is over?
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Done

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: Has McCain actually already LOST?(Yes he has)

Post by Mr Bean »

Moved to famous threads

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton