Publius drawings (large)

View original artwork, poems, etc. that have been created by this forum's members.

Moderator: Beowulf

Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world
wjs7744
Padawan Learner

Post by wjs7744 »

...Is that guy in the background wearing an Imperial Officer's jacket?
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

So, Publius. Are you doing something with this talent you have or are you wasting it like I am?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

wjs7744 wrote:...Is that guy in the background wearing an Imperial Officer's jacket?
Did you just call Bucky "that guy in the background"?

Bucky's jacket, although double-breasted like the Imperial officer's tunic, is of a distinctly different style. For one thing, his jacket has a fold-down collar rather than the Imperial style's upright mandarin collar. For another, it has buttons on the outside and lacks the distinctive shoulder pockets for the display of code cylinders; anyway Bucky wouldn't be able to tuck in the Imperial-style tunic like he has with his jacket here.

In other news:

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

wjs7744 wrote:...Is that guy in the background wearing an Imperial Officer's jacket?
No, he isn't.

Next time go look up Captain America on Wikipedia before you make such a silly comment.

Pub, Great Zap Brannigan. :)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

. . . you got the paunch exactly right. And the ridiculous skirt. Nice Captain America as well.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

The Invaders (left to right): Toro, the Human Torch, Bucky, Captain America, the Sub-Mariner, Union Jack, Spitfire
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I've always loved the Invaders.

howabout their DC "frontline" counterparts.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The Big Z!

You need to draw a very disgruntled and pathetic Kiff standing by him. With a loofa or something.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I just figured out why Cap and Bucky are frowning....

they just lost the straw pull and the next time the invaders need to fly, Union Jack is getting carried by Spitfire,, the other two have to settle for Human Torch (asbestos anyone), and Namor (smells like fish)

of course the reason Spitfire is frowning is chauvanism....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

G.I. Joe is the code name for America's daring, highly-trained special mission force. Its purpose: To defend human freedom from Cobra, a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world!
wjs7744
Padawan Learner

Post by wjs7744 »

Lonestar wrote:No, he isn't.

Next time go look up Captain America on Wikipedia before you make such a silly comment.
So, what you are saying is that I should type the character's name into Wiki to find out what his name is? Here's a hint: If I knew who it was, I wouldn't need to fucking look it up, would I?
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I was referring to Bucky(who is the current Captain America), dumbass.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
wjs7744
Padawan Learner

Post by wjs7744 »

How the hell does that answer my point, what am I supposed to do, feed the picture into the search box?
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

What, you can't tell that one of them is Captain America, feed that into a search box, and find out who the other is? Fuck off.

In other news, *punt*. Congrats Publius.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

From left to right, the Vision, Iron Lad, Stature, Doctor Doom, and Victor Mancha.

Two of the boys are the formal heirs of existing megalomaniacal supervillains, while a the other two in some sense are or will be a megalomaniacal supervillain. Two of them have someone else's memories and knowledge. One of them is a former dictator, one already will have become a dictator, and one will have become a dictator in at least one possible future. Two of them wear highly-advanced armor, one is a highly-advanced cyborg, and one is highly-advanced armor. All four are highly intelligent with encyclopedic knowledge of a wide variety of subjects, and are for obvious reasons excellent technologists. She has of course osculated both actual dictators, and all four of demonstrated a marked captivation with the youngest of the Young Avengers.

It would appear that Stature is some kind of robo-catnip.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Publius wrote:
It would appear that Stature is some kind of robo-catnip.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Great as usual. Are you using new coloring techniques? The metal looks very good.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Experimented with the coloring style for shiny metal, yes -- several different shades blended together with the blur tool in Photoshop. One wonders what on Earth Jim Cheung was thinking when he designed Iron Lad's armor -- covered from head to toe with shiny metal, as well as having a surprisingly intricate overall look. A stark contrast with the Vision's sleek look (which is unsurprising, really, given that the Vision adopted his new appearance specifically for the purpose of looking different, the better to accommodate Stature's feelings).
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Is that guy second from the right Stark? :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That... is excellent.

I love his sunken shadowy red-glowing eyes!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »