SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread VI

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread VI

Post by Simon_Jester »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Simon_Jester wrote:Well, there's also half the Bragulan and probably more than half the Chamarran navy in the system. If you want to swarm the Juggernaut with your ultraheavies, you have to deal with your ultraheavies being swarmed by the other guy's superheavies.

I mean, I don't know how sure Rus is about that pact with the Bragulans, but I can't believe Aurelian's not thinking very hard about the fact that the Bragulans will never get a better chance to cut off, isolate, and destroy a large fraction of the Byzantine military on favorable terms to themselves.

If it turns into a Byzantine-Chamarran fight... you just gave them the excuse.
The Brags don't believe the rest of their coalition have the stomach for a proper war.
That's not my impression.

And if you're basing any strategic calculation on an argument of the form "you don't have the guts," well. Those are very famous last words for a reason. They're typically ended with *BLAM.* I agree with Siege, the whole thing is a strategic gamble the size of a Dyson sphere.

And, I repeat, unless you wish to portray some of the most powerful men in your empire as stupid, not just 'brave' or 'reckless' or 'arrogant' but utterly fucking brick-stupid... well, they're gonna be thinking about the possibility of betrayal.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
The Brags don't believe the rest of their coalition have the stomach for a proper war.
The rest of the coalition is already in a proper war. :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

See?

Basically, if the Byzantines want to stomp up and down waving their dicks in front of a huge army, committing terrible crimes that threaten to hurt the reputation of the army, and relying on "the army doesn't have the guts to shoot" for their security... well. That's pretty much the kind of brick-stupidity I was talking about.

That's possibly even dumber than the MEH leadership.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

West meets the Elysians.

Hilarity!
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

I'm always impressed when Shroom plays his posts half-straight.
Truth fears no trial.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

KlavoHunter wrote:Fin, what are the actions of the Byzantines in the Xena system during the conquest of the planets? Wanton atrocity orbital bombardment at all planets where you're not directly under the guns of the Chamarran Juggernaut? Or will you show mercy and restraint?
Wait, what? Did I miss something during the couple days I wasn't able to check on this?
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Klavo is simply rankling Fin's chain. Pay no attention to the troll behind the curtain.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Tanasinn wrote:I'm always impressed when Shroom plays his posts half-straight.
Only half?

Very good post. Reminds me of the Promotion of False Religions project of Theological Defense storyline I never started. Still could. Hmm.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Mayabird wrote:
Tanasinn wrote:I'm always impressed when Shroom plays his posts half-straight.
Only half?

Very good post. Reminds me of the Promotion of False Religions project of Theological Defense storyline I never started. Still could. Hmm.
There's always a dash of shroominess added for flavor.
Truth fears no trial.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Force Lord wrote:West meets the Elysians.

Hilarity!
The directions Astrometrius gave them are actually totally accurate, they're just insane. Based on my best attempt to interpret the map in terms of where actual stars are, the Sixth Cruiser Squadron has been given a course that will take them to Elysium, by way of Chamarran, Shinra, and UN space, if they follow it correctly.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Well guys, here's a bone for ya. I have more on the pipeline, just be patient. :)
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Siege wrote:This particular possibility hadn't actually occurred to me before but thinking about it, it's one more mark for the whole OOC-ness of it all. From that perspective I get abandoning the human coalition in favor of the aliens because you're impatient with them, but in context it's just about the most insane thing since game start.
From what I was told, that little stunt was apparently planned from the beginning.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

So Rogue doesn't like the fact that Pellaeon had a heart attack, and has been telling me to ditch it. What do you say, players of SDNW4? Should I leave it be, or write up something else in its place?
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

I'm in favor of leaving it in - it symbolizes well the OOC transfer of interest in the Coalition and its actions from Rogue to others, and it's not like you can't meditech-handwave Pellaeon back to normal in a few days or whenever it is you need him for a story post next.

Furthermore, none of us are all the fastest writers in the world, and there's a whole heck of a lot already written for this chain of events...
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Screw all y'all and your seriousness and stuff.

By the way, you may notice that there are sick starving fat people and now a bunch of neutral non-aligned NUERSes who wish to combat lameness. Hint hint. Is there anyone who actually doesn't want this cure?
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That was awesome, Mayabirdies. And I am honored once mores. :D

Re: Pellaeon: Eh, it's not serious. I'm sure they can just implant a new post-heart in him, or give him a prescription for some materia spheres for a couple of weeks, and he'll be fine as ever. Maybe the stress of managing the coalition just got to him, and he didn't have an... outlet to relieve himself, unlike Yeslah. :P
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Force Lord wrote:So Rogue doesn't like the fact that Pellaeon had a heart attack, and has been telling me to ditch it. What do you say, players of SDNW4? Should I leave it be, or write up something else in its place?
KlavoHunter wrote:I'm in favor of leaving it in - it symbolizes well the OOC transfer of interest in the Coalition and its actions from Rogue to others, and it's not like you can't meditech-handwave Pellaeon back to normal in a few days or whenever it is you need him for a story post next.

Furthermore, none of us are all the fastest writers in the world, and there's a whole heck of a lot already written for this chain of events...
Yeah.

Frankly, if we're going to put someone else on point for writing the MEH coalition war (as well we should, by everyone's admission), the heart attack is a reasonably logical way of making it happen without creating a situation where Force Lord has to spend all his time writing Rogue's character (Pellaeon).
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

In the future, heart attacks won't be any different from flus or fevers. Except the heart attack is funnier, since Pellaeon is old. :D

Here, have some materia spheres. ^__________^
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Killing characters is overrated. Putting them in the hospital for long enough they are out of the picture, much better. This way Palleon can stay in Rouge's repertoire without limiting the rest of the players ability to write the story.

Heart attacks will be such a lame way to die in the future. Your heart had better fricken explode and your body mass index be close to that of a MEHman before anyone's gonna buy it. Now, strokes on the other hand...
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

BTW mang Sector H4 is inhabited by the Lost.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Been reading my new wiki page, eh Shroom?

Yeah. I know about the Lost.

I took sector H-4. Look again. I'm off the edge of the map entirely. :D

Edit: I can't post pics without a wikia account, and I don't have one. This makes more sense if you click on the map link I posted showing the true layout of my territory:

"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

...ah.

I see. Carry on then. Welcome to the game. Hope you don't ADHD Lemming out on us. Have fun with the Centralists and the Humanists.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Siege wrote:Klavo is simply rankling Fin's chain. Pay no attention to the troll behind the curtain.
And I was so excited for a moment... :)
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Your sector is hereby designated as H(-4) or H-(-4) to distinguish it from the actual H4 sector. :D

Although it's not like I'm gonna be a jerk about it if you can't stand the use of parentheses.

EDIT: Beyond this, your lineup is worthy, and I too hope that you will remain active.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Yeah, since normally I also label normal sectors as H-4, letter-dash-number and so on. Craps, now with the parentheseses, SDNW4 is starting to look more and more like maths class. As if the points system wasn't already enough! SHITS!

But da, Formless, I am leiking your stuff. I loved that MIB cartoon as a kid. And the Godzilla one too.

BTW, regarding the MEHstomp. If the human coalition is taking time to invade Wolf 359, I don't imagine planetary landings and the conquest of entire worlds would take just an afternoon. Ground war would take days, at the very least. A week, or more, more likely.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!