SDN Worlds 4: Participant Rollcall

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN Worlds 4: Participant Rollcall

Post by Simon_Jester »

Dave wrote:I was wondering if you all would be interested in having me back onboard again. I haven't been keeping up, unfortunately, but I'm finished with University and was wondering how much catching up I would have to do in order to participate. This, of course, assumes you guys think it would be workable. If things are too far gone for me to catch up on, I understand.
There's a lot of reading to do but you can come back in if you like. Do us a favor and don't get involved in the MEH war, but there's plenty of other activity. Or make up your own.

I figure the pirates on your 'map-left' flank are pretty well reeling and pulling in what horns they have left, though. Sorry about that. :D
And, to forestall some questions, I have a gmail account (which I'm told has AIM interoperability) and I'm on US CDT (GMT-5). I'm moving to KC and starting a new full time job in the next two-to-three weeks.
PM me your AIM screenname. We can talk
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

We'd love to have you back Dave.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

Simon_Jester wrote:There's a lot of reading to do but you can come back in if you like.
I have some spare time at the moment that should allow me to catch up. Can I get by with just reading the story thread, or do I need to read the comments in parallel?
Simon_Jester wrote:Do us a favor and don't get involved in the MEH war, but there's plenty of other activity. Or make up your own.
Of course; I wasn't going to just jump in swinging. I figure I'll pull a short domestic story together to get back into it and wait for the next plot hook major galactic political issue to come up.
Simon_Jester wrote: I figure the pirates on your 'map-left' flank are pretty well reeling and pulling in what horns they have left, though. Sorry about that. :D
I look forward to reading it. :D
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Dave I would limit the OoC thread to more current stuff. While there is a lot of other stuff the OoC doesn't care too much weight to it. Though some sections are worth reading. At most skim it until you find the interesting things. I'd actually suggest reading CN's OoC posts. (you can do this by changing the Sort by at the bottom of the page from Post time to Author.)
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

CN?
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Dave wrote:CN?
Chaotic Neutral. The guy who created the MEH and was responsible for this whole MEH stomp mess by his sheer idiocy.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

Ah, I guessed it was him, but I wasn't sure. Really, I'm brushing up on posts back in August 2010, so I've got a little ways to go before I get to that bit.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

That said, I'd almost advocate reading the comment threads along with the IC story threads, in chronological order. There are a lot more comment posts than story posts (at about a 4:1 or 5:1 ratio), but the OOC posts are often so much shorter than story posts that it makes up for the difference.

Also, the OOC posts often give a much clearer picture of what people are thinking about events, which is arguably more important for you to know if you're really concerned with the matter.

Some of the higher-profile post series are indexed in the Plotline thread, if you want to trace a relatively self-contained sequence of events rather than simply reading every post as it appeared.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

I've already talked to one of the mods, so I guess I should announce my desire to join in as the Steganocracy of *security clearance needed* ( :) )
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

For you, too, Formless, I'd seriously advocate a period of watching, planning, and open peanut-gallery commenting in OOC, especially since you have some rather specific ideas about where your nation goes. We'll get it straightened out though.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Sure, sure, I don't plan on posting immediately. Right now as the MEH-Stomp is really getting started doesn't quite feel like the most appropriate time to begin. ;)
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Since everyone is sending their huge ass fleets to the ass end of the galaxy, I'd wager this would be the best time for any... ambitious nation to make a splash. ;)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

Alright, I've been at my new job for three weeks, and I'm just not seeing any spare time come up for playing. Sorry guys. I wish I could find time, but this game is just not that big a priority for me.

Sorry about the false alarm.
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Well, I may as well confirm it: I'm out. It was fun while it lasted, but I don't really have the wherewithal to dig through the massive backlog and bring myself up to speed and bring the NenAltKik wrenching back into the game. Therefore, I'll give people permission to utilize the NenAltKik in a reasonable fashion (I believe Simon knows the nation well enough to give final say on what can and cannot occur with it, should he need to; and I'll be around often enough for someone to ask me if something seems feasible or not for the dinosaurs).

I'm sorry, dreadfully so, but due to everything going on with me, I just cannot devote the time and energy needed for the story.

Shroom can also have use of Thompson S. Hunter, should he feel the need.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Aw, man.

Well, OK. I assume the mutual defense treaty stands?

And if you ever feel a sudden impulse to do some kind of contextless short piece that doesn't have anything to do with the Big Current Events, you can if you want. But if not, well... not.

Darn. Dinosaurs are cool.
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

The treaty still stands. We'll just assume that the NenAltKik has slowed down a lot of external activity to deal with integrating the colony that underwent a moderate civil war into the full political sphere.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!