No votes

Total votes: 9

Thanas
Magister
Magister

SDNWorld 3: Time progression acceleration

Post by Thanas »

Hi everybody.

It seems as if SDNW3 is winding down, with players either loosing interest or moving on to other projects. However, some of us have long-term plans which will take years in gametime to conclude, Wilkens with the canal project being the most prominent example.

However, with SDNW4 supposed to start in July, I think SDNW3 should be finished by then. I for one have no interest in continuing the posting of build queues until the game hits 1932 or so, which it will only do in several months, maybe even only at the end of the year.

It is also unlikely that a war is going to break out between player factions anymore, due to recent events. So I would therefore propose an accelerated time line. My proposal would be:

Q4 1927 ending on Sunday, May 23
Q1 1928 ending on Tuesday, May 25
Q2 1928 ending on Thursday, May 27
Q3 1928 ending on Monday, May 31
Q4 1928 ending on Wednesdday, June 3
Q1 1929 ending on Friday, June 5th
Q2 1929 ending on Sunday, June 7th
etc...

This shall allow us to finish the large game-enduring projects by July, when SDNW4 is supposed to start. In the unlikely event that a player vs player war still starts, we can always stop time progression.

Let me know what you think. Remember: Qui tacet consentit.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Re: SDNWorld 3: Time progression acceleration

Post by Akhlut »

since my vacation ends on Tuesday, I just want to be able to do some unreal time stuff with the trial and the Inner Mongolia stuff I hinted at earlier.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

I'm fine with that, as I said I just want to finish the damn Canal. I mean my big project in Redux was the Mars mission and I just forgot off writing it so I want to get at least ONE mega-project done. Anyway I'm cool with the speed-up.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

CmdrWilkens wrote:I'm fine with that, as I said I just want to finish the damn Canal. I mean my big project in Redux was the Mars mission and I just forgot off writing it so I want to get at least ONE mega-project done. Anyway I'm cool with the speed-up.
Hey, at least we got to the moon. And actually completed the STAR destroyers and New Horizon this time around. :wink:

Anyway I'm good with it.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

I have no strong feelings either way.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A