SDN World 3 Story Thread I

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Re: SDN World 3 Story Thread I

Post by K. A. Pital »

Vast plains of Mother Russia. RKKA Headquarters. January 17th, 1925.

- What the hell now? Am I being transferred to Nerchinsk late this month? On whose order, damn it? - Tukhachevsky hit the table with a fist. - My place is here with the staff. Who knows what the damn Poles are up to.

- This is an order of the VTSIK, comrade, - reminded him an ever-present suit. These suits became messengers, watchmen, guardians and police officers all at once, directing, reporting mesages to you, arresting you, sometimes, and sometimes guarding you. State bureaucrats. The Marshal sighed.

- There is talk of coming calamities that our nation should be prepared for, - the suit said slowly. - Not only in our department, but everywhere, including, I believe, even the CheKa itself. Perhaps someone is moving you out of the view... Perhaps it's for your protection. Perhaps it's for the protection of the Rodina. Who knows? I wish I were party to that soon-to-happen VTSIK special session, which you're invited to. Perhaps you'll get your answers there, comrade - at least you, unlike me, can get the answers. And at least you're warned of the reassignment in advance. That's more than most people get as information, you know.

Tukhachevsky grumbled something, but nodded in agreement.

- Good bye, - and the suit evaporated.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Paris, France
National Assembly

Let's hope this pays off, Sänger thought as he reviewed the assembly before him. He had worked tirelessly for this moment the past two years and he was not going to let anyone steal it. Definitely not by the trouble brewing in the indian ocean. What was it that his mentor, the late Holstein had said...Any fool can start a war. Building a country takes real men.

He waited for the French president, Jacques Dupont, to finish his introduction before he stepped forward to the podium. Had somebody told him six years ago that the German Reichskanzler would speak in the National Assembly of France, he would have declared him mentally ill and had him committed to the next asylum. Yet here he was, about to do the very same thing. Coincidentally, convincing the french president had taken less effort than convincing the Kaiser of the need for mending fences with the french. Yet after almost one year of prodding, the Kaiser had relented - and in true fashion promptly claimed the idea as his own.

None of that mattered now as Sänger took his place on the podium. He had dressed for the occasion - a simple black-grey suit of english design, with not a single medal, not even the Hanseatic cross he normally wore, adorning his chest. After he had been introduced as "Le chancelier impérial de L'Empire allemand", he walked to the podium and started to speak. Though it had been years since he last used his french, the words came to him easily - as he had memorized his speech several times over. After thanking the assembly, he came to the gist of his matters.

"....over one thousand years ago, our two great nations were last united in true, lasting friendship. Since then there have been squabbles, provocations and even war. Had anyone suggested to me that I would be speaking before you today, I would have had him committed." This drew a few chuckles. "Isn't it high time that our nations learn to talk more and shoot less?." Sänger paused for a moment, looking over the audience. Most of the distinguished members were obviously not taken in and some were still looking at him with contempt. "Forgive me for steering away from the topic for a few seconds, the historian in me is struggling to get out. As we all know, peace treaties before our age consisted of three parts - abolitio, oblivio und remissio. I suggest we focus on the two last parts. Germany has waged war against you before, as have you against Germany. Our nations came perilously close to war several times in the last two decades. My nation currently counts several hundred-thousands of french speakers among its citizens in the territories of Elsaß-Lothringen, or Alsace-Lorraine."

Several frenchmen - especially the white-haired army veterans among them - had twitched when the words Elsaß-Lothringen was spoken in German. Sänger gave them little time to recover before continuing. "On behalf of the German Empire I would like to express our regret at the suffering caused by the events of 1871."

To say that the audience was floored would have been an understatement. The sentiment expressed by Sänger was as close to an apology as any head of state had ever made for resorting to the ultima ratio regis. Continuing, Sänger came to the second part of his speech. "Though we have no intention of surrendering any sovereignty, the German Empire will implement the following measures to ease the continuing suffering.
1. From now on, French may be taught in school and spoken freely in all parts of the German Empire.
2. French citizens will not require any extraordinary documentation besides a passport and a certificate of a blood relation to visit their families in Alsace-Lorraine from now on. The German Empire would wish the same for German citizens who wish to visit their relatives in France, but will not presume to pressure France in any way to do so.
3. Effective immediately, all towns on the german side may use the french designation besides the official German one.
4. Citizens of Alsace-Lorraine will be free to serve either in the French or in the German Army."

Sänger paused a bit, letting his words take effect upon the assembled politicians. "This is not to be taken as a sign of weakness. It is simply an offer from one great nation to another. Now we come to the last part - the prayer for the future. I pray that no french citizen will ever have to raise his hands against a German and vice versa. We share a common history since Charlemagne, let us not add any more bloodshed to it. I pray that one day, french and germans can sit together over a glass of wine - or beer - and look back upon this day as the day when two nations decided to let bygones be bygones."

Now came the hardest part, the lying about one's sovereign. "My sovereign the Kaiser is a man who desires peace. He has decided to express our sincerity with a most precious gift." On this cue, Sänger's valet stepped forward, carrying a black box. He deposited it in front of Sänger, who opened it to reveal old robes and a Prussian Oder of the black eagle, its age showing on the dark glow of the gold.

Brest star of the Order of the Black Eagle.

Placed next to it was the Grand Cross of the Order of the Red Eagle.

"President Dupont, this, the highest of all awards, was bestowed upon the great Emperor Napoleon in 1805. His insigna was then given to Field Marshal von Gneisenau. Today, in the name of my Kaiser, I return it to France. By order of Wilhelm II., Kaiser of Germany, I award you the order of the Black Eagle and, as customary, the Grand Cross of the Order of the Red Eagle, as a token of Germany's appreciation. Let this gesture show that my government has nothing but the deepest respect for the French nation. I pray for a peaceful coexistence. For while a war shall destroy both of us, a peaceful coexistence shall reap greater rewards than any war ever could."

Sänger finished, awaiting the response from the French President. Here's hoping this was not for naught...
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Minister of Pigeonry
Youngling

Post by Minister of Pigeonry »

Real Inquirer

Crown Responds to Acts of Dominite Piracy

In her usual fiery manner, Queen Marian gave a fierce statement early yesterday denouncing the incident that took place in the Indian Ocean involving the German Merchant Vessel S.S. Mecklenburg and the Grand Dominite warship P.N.S. Godfrey as “a depraved act of piracy”. The incident took place on Monday within five hundred kilometers of the “Sinai Canal” when the P.N.S. Godfrey allegedly opened fire on the German merchant vessel forcing the ship to come to a halt. The Dominite ship is said to have demanded a toll before allowing the Mecklenburg to get under way.

Only some several hours later, sources claim, the German freighter was once again stopped, this time by a vessel of the Shepistani Navy and a similar toll was exacted before the merchant ship was once again free and on its way.

“Any state that condones and actively partakes in such acts against the civilian merchant vessels of a peaceful nation stands as a threat to all who seek to use the seas for productive purposes!” Her Majesty was quoted in her address, “It is our duty to stand beside our allies against such threats” and promised Spanish support in “any form” to see that such incidents do not continue. Inquiries sent to the Ministry of War, Greater Ministry of Economic Oversight and Ministry of Foreign Affairs have gone, as of yet, unanswered in regards to what form Spanish Support might take.

The following Photographs of the incident, depicting the interception of the S.S. Mecklenburg by the P.N.S. Godfrey, were taken by…
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

Gazzeta di Firenze, ?. January 1925

Regia Marina grows stronger

In a splendid ceremony today in Livorno, the Regia Marina accepted the new battleship 'Il Principe' as fully combat ready and saw the christening of another.
With King Francesco I in attendance, RN Il Principe was assigned to Battle Squadron 1 of the Strike Fleet and hoisted the flag of Ammiraglio di Squadra Paolo Rizzo.
Later the same day, the new sail training ship was launched and christened Amerigo Vespucci.

Minor Fire in Livorno Refinery

Due to human error a small fire started in the Conchiglia-refinery in Livorno. The heroic fire departments managed to prevent the misshap to turn into a serious problem. Unfortunately one fireman was killed and four injured.
His Majesty visited the hospital and the fire stations after attending the naval ceremonies and commended the spirit and courage of the men ‘who run into burning buildings when everybody else in busy leaving them in a hurry.’

Resurgence of Piracy?

The recent events in the Red Sea have been condemned by the Commerce Secretary in a speech at the Mercantile Union’s traditional New Year’s Dinner. Secretary Aldo de Gasperi announced that the government and the Crown consider these events to be of utmost importance. Patrols are to be reinforced and intensified and, until the truth behind the allegations has been investigated and the guilty punished, sailing in pairs is advised. The secretary also hinted at other measures being under consideration, but would not explain in detail.

(Apologies for italian errors ;-))

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Berliner Zeitung
With the release of the pictures for general publication, thousands of German citizens gathered in front of the Reichstag and demanded the German Navy be released to hunt down and destroy any pirates. Patriotic Germans called this an act of piracy and demanded that the Captain of the Dominion and the Captain of the Shepistani ship to be hanged from the yardams, some patriots even offered to buy the rope needed. A popular appeal for higher diplomatic pressure has gained steam in the Reichstag when members of the Reedervereeinigung threw their support behind it.

The Reichskanzler was not available for comment as he is speaking in front of the National Assembly of France today. Sources close to him and the Kaiser however are quoted as saying that Sänger made no comment on the matter. His Majesty, the Kaiser, has embarked on an early cruise on his Yacht, the Hohenzollern, as soon as Sänger left for France.

------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Intermission

Villa Von Schenk
Muizz Street, Old Cairo

Der Graf von Altwitz-Klarburg awoke in the depth of night, bathed in sweat. For a brief moment he struggled against unseen restraints before he realized it was the thin cotton sheets. He fell down again, his breathing ragged. Beside him his wife moaned and turned, still fast asleep.

His eyes scanned the nocturnal bedroom. Despite the darkness he could make out the wardrobes, his clothes, still hanging across the chair where he'd dropped them; the beside table. He reached over for the glass of water and gulped it down, in the process knocking the newspaper to the ground.

The newspaper. Slowly the dream came back to him. He'd been reading about the fire, the fire in the Conchiglia refinery in Livorno. For some reason the name of the Italian city had reminded him... Of what?

He remembered flashes of his dream. There had been impossibly high buildings, fashioned out of steel and glass. A war council of some sort, generals deferring to him as their commander-in-chief, but he didn't recognize their uniforms. There was talk about fleets and a place called the... Crimson Star Republic... and "missiles", about the destruction of his nation... All because of a place called 'Livorno' and a war that went on there.

A war in Livorno? Siegfried shook his head, confused. Had he dreamt about the German-Italian war? But the ships... The buildings, and the people, none of it had seemed familiar. And there was a name, too, that lingered -- "Sidney". An English name sounded familiar and yet simultaneously utterly alien.

He let his breath escape in a long hiss and fell back onto the pillow. Frustratingly he seemed to already be forgetting details of the dream. He groaned and poured another glass of water from the crystal caraf on the nightstand. Beside him his wife turned again and put an arm around him. "It's alright baby" she murmured, half-awake. "Just wait and see."

Result: Nothing of consequence, just a shout-out to the starting stages of SDN world 2! :D
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Paris, France
National Assembly

Jacques Dupont was not particularly shocked by the Reichkanzler's speech - he had gotten that part of his reaction out of the way a week ago, when Sänger's staff had informed him of the speech's gist so that he could prepare a response. That left profound gratitude for the lives a closer relationship with the German Empire would spare, and a kind of admiration for Reichkanzler Sänger, for being able to swallow his national pride and extend the hand of friendship. A hand that President Dupont fully intended to grasp with all his might.

"Reichkanzler Sänger," he said, his voice carrying over the sudden clamor of the Assembly. "I express my gratitude, both as a man and as a statesman, for the moral courage shown by yourself and His Imperial Majesty in this matter. I thank you for sparing both our nation's children the fear caused by an uncertain peace. In response to the honor bestowed upon me, I would like to take this opportunity to offer you a token of France's regard." At this point, Dupont nodded curtly to an Army captain standing to one side. Carrying a box, the man marched smartly to the platform on which the President and the Reichkanzler stood, handed over the box with a flourish, saluted, and marched back to the side of the room. Opening it, Dupont removed a glittering medal.

"It is with great pleasure that I award His Imperial Majesty the Kaiser with the Legion of Honor, Grand Cross, in recognition for his contributions to national harmony. It is with equal pleasure that I award yourself, Reichkanzler, with the Legion of Honor, Grand Officer, in recognition for the same." he pinned the medal on Reichkansler Sänger with obvious relish.

"Pending the approval of the National Assembly, German citizens shall be able to visit their relations in French territory at will. Citizens!" and here he turned to the Assembly, quiet now in the face of history in the making. "A voice vote, if you please?" A chorus of "Oui!" issued from the thoats of nearly all the Assemblymen.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

The Terror Club, At the Blue Guards(GDN Admiralty Building)

"Bah! Those idiots. The lot of them!" Grand Admiral Saldana was loosening the his collar as he came stomping back into the O Club. On the list of Thing He Hated dealing with the House Finance Committee was near the top.

"That bad Oscar?" Fleet Admiral Kreuz asked.

"Worse, Georg, that idiot Winton asked why the order for the Centurion-BBs and Mercury-BCs couldn't be pushed back until 'after the pre-dreadnoughts and Tigers were deposed of.' The Tester save me from such idiocy." Winton was the head of the Labour Party, and currently the chairman of the committee. Saldana sighed and looked at the bell from the Terror. "We are fucked."

"Not necessarily." Kruez mused. "The Lord Protector is backing us..."

"Right, and since those idiots in the Whigs just nod their heads at whatever the Army asks, and if Labour and the Social Democrats had their way they would just get rid of Navy entirely...I love hearing those retards call our institution a 'bourgeois luxury.', that means we can only certainly rely upon the Christian Democrats to back us."

"If the Lord Protector could tie the extension of the franchise to the new naval requests...."

"Maybe." Saldana grunted. He took out a yellow legal pad and a Dixon-Ticonderoga #2 pencil and began to write somesthing.

"I think they just need a reminder as to why we need this bill...."
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Minister of Pigeonry
Youngling

Post by Minister of Pigeonry »

Palacio Real de Madrid
Southern Wing, East of the Plaza de Armas,
Main Conference Room
7:35PM, January 15th, 1925

With a soft click, the wire-frame glasses were set down upon the polished dark wood surface of the conference table beside the progress report they'd just been used to read and Naval Division Lieutenant War Minister Carlos Emmanuel knew the Queen’s eyes were upon him. “The Fifty-K Project remains stuck upon the drawing board, I see, Lieutenant-Minister Emmanuel.” A silence fell over the conference room as the other Ministers and representatives held their peace and awaited a reply from their contemporary. “Yes,” he began, nodding slowly, “unfortunately, the design goals set by the Admiralty cannot be met within the allotted tonnage requirements nor are our domestic shipyards currently capable of constructing such a design. Simply put, to meet the goals, the vessel would likely need to be significantly larger at which point it becomes beyond our capabilities.”

“Very well, then, we shall continue with the proposed Even Acquisition Plan and place our order with the Germans for the remainder of the year,” said the Queen, her hazel eyes moving from the Lieutenant-Minister to the gruff looking fellow across the table from him, Admiral Raul Bernardo, outspoken chief proponent of the Fifty-K Project. The Admiral sighed, “This is disappointing,” he said, shooting the Minister of Finances and Allocations a look, “as much as I, and others, appreciate the aid of the Germans, it would be wise to continue our pursuit of the Project. We must prove our own ability to produce advanced vessel designs or we shall forever be relegated to German hand-me-downs.” Finance and Allocations Minister Damian Carlos quickly shot back, “Your Fifty-K Project is an unnecessary prestige project, Admiral. It isn’t a wise investment and will do nothing more than consume funds and resources that can be better spent elsewhere!”

Admiral Bernardo leapt up from his chair, jabbing an accusing finger at the Finance and Allocations Minister across the table but, before he could speak, he was cut off by Lieutenant-Minister Emmanuel, “Admiral!” he shouted, thick mustache twitching wildly in irritation, “Your beloved Fifty-K Project isn’t dead! Funding will continue for design purposes only, no slipways shall be approved, however, until the design meets the goals and requirements as it was to be originally, is that clear?” Bernardo snorted and sat back down in his seat shaking his head slowly. “Indeed, the Project is not to be scrapped, Admiral,” Queen Marian began, “it is simply to be frozen at its current state until the design meets our capabilities.” “Now then,” she paused and surveyed the present officials and officers, “what is the state of the Airplane Carrying Vessel Study?”

The meeting persisted on Naval matters for a time, the study was presented by a Rear Admiral who was ushered into the conference room to give his report and it became clear that there was interest in pursuing vessels of the type as the fleet’s current pair of Seaplane Tenders, both purchased as merchant ships from the Germans in 1918, converted, and used in the Rif War, had proven to be worthwhile investments. It was decided that a new pair of vessels were to be designed and ordered as dedicated Seaplane Carrier Ships capable of operating beside the Grand Fleet and research into the development of true “Aircraft Carriers” was to continue as a separate project with inclusion in the studies offered to the Kaiserliche Marine if interest existed in Germany to participate.

Eventually, discussion moved into the realm of Foreign Affairs, transitioning through the announcement that a Chinese Merchant ship had been sunk in the Indian Ocean during some form incident between the Shepistanis and Dominites. “..at which point, they claim to have spotted several Shepistani warships moving in that direction. All we really have to go on is intercepted wireless traffic, mind you,” said the young Naval Sub-Ministry aide who’d brought the news into the conference room. “When exactly did this take place?” asked Foreign Affairs Minister Anita Cordova, one of only two women on the Council of Ministers. “Sometime yesterday, exactly when, we can’t be certain as this is all secondhand information at best, ma’am,” replied the aide shrugging helplessly. With a quick nod to the aide, Queen Marian addressed those present, “Minister Cordova, see that this information is transmitted to the Germans and Chinese as quickly as possible with our deepest sympathies to the latter. It’s likely they’ll have better information than we by the time it arrives but it is the least we can do. Additionally, inform both that Spain stands with them and will provide aid in any form to maintain the security of the waterways,” she added, giving both Minister-Lieutenant Emmanuel and Admiral Bernardo quick glances.

Minister Cordova nodded in understanding as the aide slipped out of the conference room at the back. Minister-Lieutenant Emmanuel spoke up, “Are we to consider some form of involvement in the Indian Ocean? It is my understanding that relations between Spain, the Grand Dominion and Shepistan ceased just prior to our Civil War, as such, we have no real interests in the region,” he said matter-of-factly. “I concur,” added Admiral Bernardo, nodding. “We may not deal with either nation, but the sea lanes must remain open to our allies and our own and that is most certainly in our interest,” said the Foreign Affairs Minister in a firm tone. “Well put, Minister,” said Queen Marian, with a single stately nod in Cordova’s direction. “At this point, however,” she began, speaking to all assembled, “we shall wait for word from the Germans before we take any form of action ourselves. If action is needed, it shall be a unified international effort, not Spanish warships gallivanting about in the Indian Ocean burning oil.”

The meeting continued for roughly another hour and thirty minutes touching on various issues including the election in Cascadia - it was decided a congratulatory note was to be sent to the President Elect from the Crown and Council of Ministers in hopes of strengthened relations in the future and the like. The Freedom Conference in Chilitina was also discussed and it was determined that a representative from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs would be sent to attend and represent the nation and its support for peoples around the world opposing Communist influences.

With everything in order, the meeting was adjourned and Queen Marian saw her guests out, two Ministers, new to their positions, appearing a bit surprised at the severe height difference between the monarch and the majority of her staff. Few outside of official circles knew the glorious leader who had seen the country through civil war and sweeping social changes stood only one-hundred and fifty-two centimeters in height. They certainly do well to make her look taller at the rallies and such, thought Renaldo Guevara, Minister of Industrial Production and Resources as he made his way across the Plaza de Armas to his waiting Impéria-Abadal Luxury Car.

Results:
- Disagreement over plans for a domestically designed 50,000 ton battleship leads to a decision to push back the plan in favor of purchaseing more German export vessels.
- Spain is interested in building advanced Seaplane Carrier ships with real Aircaft Carriers a possible future goal.
- Spain has passed on what it knows about the incident in the Indian Ocean and awaits German plans for dealing with the issue while the offer for support stands.
- Congratulations to President-Elect Stephen Garret on his victory in the Cascadian Presidential Elections, may his administration look favorably upon strong Spanish-Cascadian relations.
- Spain shall send a representative to the Freedom Conference in Buenos Aries.
- Queen Marian is very short.
Slacker
Jedi Knight

Post by Slacker »

The Krakow Post

The Bear Slumbers-For Now
Four years after the end of the Soviet War, our neighbors to the east have remained behind the border, tending to their own garden. So long as that continues, we will be content to forge a new prosperity of our own. Our friends in Germany and elsewhere around the world stand for our freedom as we do theirs. It is this editor's hope that the new year is as peaceful and quiet as the previous.

Short News:
-New ice rink to open in Warsaw
-Cold Front over Riga dumps ten centimeters of snow overnight
-Warsaw mulls diplomatic invitation to Freedom Conference in Buenos Aries
-Incident in Indian Ocean borders on piracy
"I'm sorry, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that your inability to use the brain evolution granted you is any of my fucking concern."
"You. Stupid. Shit." Victor desperately wished he knew enough Japanese to curse properly. "Davions take alot of killing." -Grave Covenant
Founder of the Cult of Weber
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Somewhere in the disputed lands of Shroomir

The icy cold wind whipped through the mountain heights as the Sheppo artillery men clad in thick parkas manhandled shells into position for the latest surprise offensive. Gloves were worn at all times, due to the intense cold; making special tools a requirement for fuze setting.

A kilometer forward at the artfully camouflaged artillery observation post that resembled a blasted tree, the representative from Shepistani Dyes & Coloring, Ltd shivered miserably.

why the hell did I have to be picked for this junket? Someone else in the office could have been sent instead of me. That fucking son of a whore Smithson has it in for me...

The phone next to his perch in the upper "trunk" of the fake tree buzzed. Picking up the handle and cranking the generator integral to the phone, the rep reported in.

"O'Hallaghan here. No movement of the target for the last five minutes. You're still on mark for maximum effect."

"Roger roger, special delivery on the way."

As the shells whined overhead, O'Hallaghan thought he heard a faint gurgling from the shells, but wasn't sure of it.

Seconds later, they landed in the midst of a group of white clad figures who were winding their way towards the God-Damn forward trenchlines.

And didn't explode in the clouds of vapour so common with chemical shells.

God damn it, ten months of research into special low temperature mustard gas down the drain, thought O'Hallaghan as he cranked the phone to report this failure.

Near Forward Outpost Charlie Kilo Echo Romeo

"By Jove! Is that what I think it is?" shouted Regimental Sergeant Major Plessy, who had been conducting a tour of his regiment's forward outposts that morning as he pointed towards the still smoking shell embedded in the snow-flecked rocky ground that predominated at these high altitudes.

"Get some Hindoos onto that, chop-chop!" he shouted, leaving the Hindoos so if it's still live, we won't lose anyone of importance unsaid.

Camouflaged Observation Post

O'Hallaghan cursed as he watched the Goddamn troops pry the shells out of the frozen ground. Now they would have samples of the latest Sheppo chemical shells, and they'd be sent down south where they'd be studied for implementation into the latest box filter models equipping Goddamn infantrymen against war gases.

Oh well, at least they had as a side effect of the research into low temperature chemical weapons, discovered some very impressive color dyes which kept their color exceptionally well, resisted fading, and cost half as much to produce as the last set of dyes; ensuing the continuing dominance of the Sheppo chemical and dye industry in the Global Marketplace.

Results: Self obvious -- and points to continued world leadership of the Sheppo and Goddamn chemical industries as they profit from the massive subsidized plant and research facility construction authorized during the 1913 war which are now coming online, even though the war was terminated early.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Letter to the Lord Protector of Grand Dominion

Dear Sir,

The Emperor of the Imperium Romanum would like to discuss with a few matters of collective importance, including the movement of ships through the waters leading to Asia from the Suez Canal. We also would like to negotiate potentially profitable trade deals between our two nations as well.

We would also would like to stress our complete neutrality in any Shepistani-Grand Dominion conflict and have no wish in interfering in any affairs between your two nations.

Regards,
Exarch Ignatius Korolev
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

The Niislel Khüree Swift Horseman

Statement from the Great Khural

Today, the Great Khural voted unanimously to decry piracy by the Grand Dominion and Shepistan, calling such brazen attacks an affront to diplomacy, human rights, and reasonable trade. The Great Khural further has frozen all Shepistani and Dominion bank accounts in Mongolia and is restricting Shepistani and Dominion nationals' movement in Mongolia until both nations make a commitment to cease piracy. Further measures are being considered should such piracy continue, and Khural Member Hans Schmidt (AMPM) has stated that should any Mongolian owned merchant ships or merchant ships carrying Mongolian citizens or goods be pirated that the consequences would be "very dire."

Further, the Great Khural's statement also called for talks for the creation of an international committee to discuss measures for dealing with piracy and other international problems and concerns.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Evincer
Youngling

Post by Evincer »

La Paz Review

Bolivarian Union congratulates Germany and France upon entering rapproachement talks

Bolivarian Union foreign minister José Bustamante congratulated the two European countries for agreeing to step beyond the past and open a new era of increased co-operation and trust. "Embracing the qualities we have in common increases our understanding that we are of one race. When the people of Germany recognize that they face the same problems and share the same challenges as the people of France, the likelihood of tragedies such as the recent European war is reduced...I cried a tear of joy when I saw both makers of peace risk the wrath of many in their own government to extend an olive branch across an ocean of suspicion."

Bustamante will be presenting the new Bolivarian Medal of Peace to both heads of state in March when he passes through Europe on his way to the International Conference.

Technology News

The Bolivarian Government is soliciting inventors who can develop a "radio-vision" capable of transmitting images and sound over the airwaves. It is offering large prizes to applicants from any nation who can demonstrate a technology capable of reaching millions of Bolivarian citizens. President de la Torre has explained that "it is important for millions of Bolivarians - Indians, Mulattoes, the city dwellers, the country dwellers, to come together and be united by futuristic forms of media. Technologies of communication can improve peaceful relations between countries, and reduce the amount of time required to transmit pictures and other information above the national level. In this sentiment, I authorize a state-level superprogram to recruit and promote the research of ambitious inventors who wish to advance the cause of national and international understanding in the Bolivarian Union."

EDIT: Removed Bolivarian position on the shipping incident because the speed of information flow prevents them from having up-to-date information. So please consider it unsaid, unless you were already preparing a response
Last edited by Evincer on 2009-11-12 11:17pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

France
Aéroport de Paris - Le Bourget

Sänger stepped out of the car into the flashes of camera's going off. The trip had gathered attention abroad and at home. Before he had stepped out of the car, he and the French president Dupont had had a short conversation. Sänger had proposed the laying of a direct telephone line from Paris to Berlin, which would allow direct contact of the two leaders. This proposal had been accepted.

Sänger then shook the hands of the French President in front of the cameras and under the sounds of the Marseillaise being played - followed by Heil Dir im Siegerkranz - the two would have parted, had the recent Naval events in the Indian Ocean not required Sänger to make a few changes to the schedule. Thankfully, the French President had accepted and was now standing beside him, in a show of silent support. As customary and dictated by hanseatic tradition, Sänger had already taken down his Legion d'honneur insignia and was now dressed in the same suit he would normally wear in German politics.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press, I would like to make a quick statement.

in recent times, the Navies of both Shepistan and the Grand Dominion have both engaged in illegal acts. I am sure you all have seen the recent photgraphs of Shepistani and Dominite ships illegaly boarding the steamer Mecklenburg and extorting money. I have just received a report from the SMS Lützow that while leading a German battlecruiser squadron, it receveived a garbled distress call from the Chinese steamer Princess of the Orient, which was partially crewed by Germans. I am saying was, for when ships arrived at the scene, there was nothing to be found but a large oil slick and drifting bodies. The distress signals received however were very telling as to what happened."

Sänger produced a part of documents from his coat. After showing the emblem of the Imperial chancellory Kommunikationsabteilung to the photographers, he started to read.

"12:35 Am being stopped by Dominion cruiser. 12:39 Am being borded. 12:43: Periscope sighted. 12:45:Torpedo- the message ends. Naval attachés have immediately contacted all nations for clarification on the status of their submarines and surface vessels. All vessels except for Dominion and Shepistani ships were accounted for. Inquiries were not directed to those two nations to not give them the chance of setting up some kind of web of lies."

Sänger paused for effect before continuing. "It is clear what happened here. The Mecklenburg was subject to piracy conducted by both nations. Now, the continuing disregard for international law and common decency exhibited by the Grand Dominion and Shepistan havve claimed the lives of several people, both chinese and german citizens. The Princess of the Orient was carrying young seemen for training. These young people, before they had a chance to experience live, were brutally murdered in disregard of all that is honorable and just. While we do not know what exactly happened, we believe that either the dominion navy or the shepistani Navy is responsible for the destruction of the ship and the murder of its crews. Both navies are plainly guilty of piracy."

Sänger then produced another document, this one rather long, affixed with numerous signatures.

"I am sure both Shepistan and the Dominion will come up with excuses. They might even parade some survivors and claim they were rescued out of grave peril by their glorious Navy. The Reich and the undersigned nations are not interested in such excuses, we are only interested that this behaviour stops.

We hereby make the following reasonable demands:
a) That the owners of the Mecklenburg and the owners of the Princess of the Orient are to be fully reimbursed for their troubles and that the family members of the victims receive aedequate compensation. A german court will decide about the amount. The amount is to be paid in full to the german embassy, in Reichsmark, no later than the end of next month.
b) That an apology is made by the heads of both states for the irresponsible behaviour of their Navies
c) That the captains of the ship conducting the piracy and everybody else responsible for it be punished.
d) That this is the last such incident. If any incident occurs again to any ship of the undersigned nations, the sanctio will take full effect. The decision of what constitutes an incident will be made by the German Navy, but I can say right here that it includes any sudden disappearance of a ship or any further boarding in international waters.

Failure by any of the two nation to comply will result in a complete trade embargo by all the undersigned nations. This means all accounts frozen, all assets confiscated and a complete prohibition on the sale of goods from and to the offending nation. I am sure I do not need to illustrate the consequences - a total economic collapse.

The following nations have agreed on this course of action:
Angola
Cascadia
Colombia
Brazil
The Kingdom of Spain
The Empire of japan
Mongolia
The Nordic Union
The Tuscan Kingdom
The Egyptian Sultanate
Portugal
The Republic of Chilitina
The Empire of China
The French Republic
The United States
The Byzantine Empire
The Union of the Low Countries
The Commonwealth of Poland
The Mexican Empire
The USSR
The Blue Sultanate of Sudan
The Great Arch-Barony of California
Madagascar
The Bolivarian Union
The Balkan Confederacy
The Unified Congolese Republic
Sänger paused once more and then continued. "This will end now, one way or the other. The Dominion and Shepistan have the choice of either fulfilling the demands brought before them or face economic ruin. Allow me to end with an old Roman saying that I find is quite applicable in this case: Piratae hostes omnium sunt."
------------
------------
My LPs
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Republic of Chilitina Declares it will have a navy "Second to None."

The Parliament passed a record breaking defense bill today on the urging of Prime Minister Morales and his Nationalist coalition government. After it passed, Morales said,
"Today we have taken a concrete step to ensure our continued freedom from Communist aggression. Soon we will have a navy which is second to none in South American waters."

The navy was the biggest winner in the bill, being slated to recieve 4 new battleships and 5 heavy cruisers. Additionally a new class of "heavy" destroyers are to be built as well, ensuring Chilitenean naval dominance. Admiral Gomez of the Naval air arm also managed to secure funding for another aircraft carrier.

The army also managed to get most of what it wanted and now has the funding to transition its entire active force to using motorized vehicles for transit over the coming few years. They failed to get more armored units, as parliament is widely said to be wary of these units as they have not yet been proven in battle.

Citing studies showing an alarming disparity in aircraft between Chilitina and its socialist neighbors, the ai force also managed to get its expansion plans green lighted as well.

Note: the in game post for my build plans this year.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Secretaria de Marína Armada de Mexico responds to Chileans

Veracruz

The Secretary of the Navy today announced that Chile's desire to embark on an aggressive naval construction program could upset an already tense situation in Latin America. The prepared statement noted that between US interests pushing for greater rights in the region and Brazilian exercises designed to spread communist ideology that the latest statement is sure to inflame tensions in a region with a long history of internecine warfare amongst the former Iberian colonies.

The Secretary indicated that Mexico would react poorly to any attempts to interfere with its existing sphere of influence and the delicate balance of power in both oceans.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

CmdrWilkens wrote:Secretaria de Marína Armada de Mexico responds to Chileans

Veracruz

The Secretary of the Navy today announced that Chile's desire to embark on an aggressive naval construction program could upset an already tense situation in Latin America. The prepared statement noted that between US interests pushing for greater rights in the region and Brazilian exercises designed to spread communist ideology that the latest statement is sure to inflame tensions in a region with a long history of internecine warfare amongst the former Iberian colonies.

The Secretary indicated that Mexico would react poorly to any attempts to interfere with its existing sphere of influence and the delicate balance of power in both oceans.
The Chilitinean ambassador, after reading the Mexican Secretary's statements moved quickly to get an appointment with the man.

After the opening pleasantries were over with, Ambassador Beccara got to the business at hand.

"Sir, I can assure you that Chilitina has no intentions of threatening Mexican interests. The purpose of our new naval building plan is to contain the communist powers of South America and keep our trade routes open in the event of red aggression. Taken together the communist fleets of South America represent a mortal threat to Chilitina and Mexico. We are merely making sure we have the resources to defend ourselves if necessary. Sir if you wish to reduce tensions in the region I would say talk to the communists! It is they who spread the perfidious doctrine of revolution and even now have terrorist operatives active all over the world."
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Dai Nippon Press

Takayanagi Kenjiro develops Image transmition system

University of Tokyo-Today, Professor Takayanagi Kenjiro sucsessfully demonstrated a new prototype of an all electrical image display system. This divice also makes use of a purely electronic mechanism to display images. Mr Takayanagi says that this could revolutionize the entertainment industry, eventually allowing for "a cinema in every house".

(accelerated by about a year, lets just say that Kenjiro got some extra funding and did a few things diferently that led)
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

A Notice to the Chiletineans

The people of Columbia are not content to be 'contained' by Chiletinean aggression. Rest assured that we have every intention of mantaining our sphere of influence.
Last edited by Ryan Thunder on 2009-11-17 01:09pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Raj Ahten wrote: The Chilitinean ambassador, after reading the Mexican Secretary's statements moved quickly to get an appointment with the man.

After the opening pleasantries were over with, Ambassador Beccara got to the business at hand.

"Sir, I can assure you that Chilitina has no intentions of threatening Mexican interests. The purpose of our new naval building plan is to contain the communist powers of South America and keep our trade routes open in the event of red aggression. Taken together the communist fleets of South America represent a mortal threat to Chilitina and Mexico. We are merely making sure we have the resources to defend ourselves if necessary. Sir if you wish to reduce tensions in the region I would say talk to the communists! It is they who spread the perfidious doctrine of revolution and even now have terrorist operatives active all over the world."

Juan Maria y Grevazia had been borne to a minor noble family in the Yucatan but had risen rapidly due to his association with Heitor Jiminez Guaranta de Rioja, the new Minister of Sate under the King. He was, in many ways the spitting image of what some called the "New Hidalgos," who were remaking Mexico in to a world power over the last half century. His posting in Santiago was the first step in an upward career but what it truly did was for the first time in his life give his words enormous weight.

"We most certainly agree that there are many aggressors within the affairs of the Americas and wish to convey by the remarks our concern when the balance of power threatens to shift with our own nation unawares. The Secretary's statement was directed not merely at you nation but at the Colombians and Brazilians whom we suspect of meddling within the Kingdom of Nicaragua. Mexico holds herself by birthright and lineage to be the successor to New Spain and as such has a duty amongst the Iberian colonists that is threatened ever more in this dangerous new world.

Speaking bluntly and not for my country I must say that we were surprised and intended only to convey that Mexico does not wish to be caught at unawares. That having been said I feel that we are certainly receptive to the idea of containing these menacing ...communists."

The last was spoken with the contempt that only those born to believe in the duty of the privileged to rule.

/OOC Mexico was surprised, not hostile. We hate the commies as well :D

*Minor edit* I've been using a different name for my SecState elsewhere so this was edited to reflect the correct name.
Last edited by CmdrWilkens on 2009-11-19 12:04am, edited 1 time in total.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

The Blue Guards, GDN Admiralty

"Heheh." Grand Admiral Saldana said, staring at the copy from the Waldorf-Dusseldorf News Service. "This is beautiful. I do believe I want to make love to this piece of paper Lieutenant." He held it up. "This is as good as printing money, so far as the navy is concerned. We'll be getting whatever we ask for for the next ten years."

"Sir, you, uh, don't seem that worried about it. Or surprised."

Saldana looked at his aide. "A little bird at BNI told me the Germans were up to something like this. It seems that Reichkanzler Sänger has been assured that such an scheme would leave our economies in ruin with a situation that would make the Panic of '92 look like a 'family picnic'!" Saldana looked at the list again. "Hmm, both the Britishers and the Manchus have opt decline the generous lead Germany is offering."

"So did the Siamese sir."

Saldana scowled. Shepistan and Siam did entirely too much trade for his liking. "Yes, but our two biggest trade partners didn't, and we actually export quite a bit to Germany. The only thing those fools eat is meat and dairy, and they need the high protein feed we ship them. As for the rest of the winners on this list...half of them will cease the trade embargo once it sets in that the Manchus, Siamese, and Britishers have a monopoly on the largest market in the world. Times may get tight, especially for the natives, but we'll muddle through."

I wonder what our hard currency reserves will look like. the aide thought. "Sir, what if, ah, the Germans decide that this isn't enough?"

Saldana gave a sly look, which alarmed the El Tee. "Admiral Kreuz and myself had already cut orders to begin staging for CASE EXODUS. By a fortuitous course of events, this all occurred during the Q1A Convoy of recruits and material to Araby. The liners involved have been instructed to stay put in Aden and begin loading the packages. Tapington's lot and the station ships will be providing the heavy screen for the exercise, once we get the go ahead."

"I, sir! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you'd try to stop me." Saldana said cheerfully. "Relax El Tee, no one is going to execute anything until we get the go ahead...ah, speak of the devil." The phone rang, and Saldana picked it up. "Alright, patch him through." Saldana gave a silent thumbs up to his aide.

"Yessir. Yessir, I saw. Well, the big concern is what the Schismatics will do, although I actually think 'Jesus Christ' Fisher will be taking this is a personal insult to his honor...uh, met him at the last Founding Day sir. Always good to know your counterpart, eh? Well, I've ordered the staging of CASE EXODUS...yessir, the mine one. Oh, no sure, nothing has gone to sea, they only just got the word...in fact the steamers are going to have to offload the returning troops in order to load the packages...right, it would look bad if a liner full of troops sank during a mine-laying evolution. Pilots? Yessir. We have enough pilots on hand to permit easy transit of RN vessels. No sir, of course not. No one wants war. Yes sir. Yes sir, just taking a precaution sir. Aye Aye sir." Saldana hung up.

"I think the son-of-a-bitch is going to seek a diplomatic solution."
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

East of Wilton, North Australian Territory
18 January 1925

Lieutenant Benjamin Peters, a platoon commander of the 2nd Australian Guards Division's 5th Guards Regiment, was tinkering with his Reynolds-Whittaker rifle's bayonet mount as he looked out from the border outpost at the rocky surroundings to the northeast, in the direction of Numbulwar and the Dutch garrison there. The Communists of the Low Countries tended to a live-and-let-live attitude out in these reaches, unlike the situation further west along the Darwin-Pine Creek road where there was the occasional incident between the Low Country garrison and the units of the 1st Australian Guards that were forward positioned as border sentries. Peters, who couldn't wait to get out of this forsaken borderland and back to civilization, didn't blame them one wit for this.

Oh, occasionally there was contact. Usually lost patrols that wandered too close to Cascadian territory (technically it was all Cascadian, but practically there was Dutch territory too and the Cascadian forces were under orders to generally respect the claimed Dutch zone) and had to be politely guided back to their own by hand signals. A week before a scouting party showed up with a man wounded - the dumb bastard had provoked a freshwater croc and nearly gotten eaten by it - and the local medic had to fix him up for his buddies to bring him home. They'd even given some rations to the Dutchmen to ensure they got back to Numbulwar.

The stocky Melbourne native looked up when one of his troops called out. "What is it?", he called out.
"Another lost patrol of Red Dutch," the lance corporal called out from the window, his rifle in his hands. "No white flag."
Peters checked to make sure his rifle was loaded and still had the safety on - never hurt to be on the safe side - and motioned to his men. "Sergeant Waters, get your squad, let's get these folks back on their side of the line."

The troops he selected followed Peters out of the rickety wooden structure and into the warm sun. Few clouds in the sky served to shield them from the tropical sun, and as this was the southern hemisphere they were still in summer. They made their way over the rocky brush and toward the ever-closer figures, cresting a rock hill to get higher ground. "Hullo!" Peters cried out, hoping to get the Dutchmens' attention. He waged at them, his gun still slung over his shoulder.
The Dutch troops seemed to notice him. They all tensed up a bit. Their leader checked his compass briefly and then looked up toward him. He shouted at Peters in Dutch, but with the distance and Peters' relative lack of knowledge in that tongue he couldn't understand what was being said. "Everyone hang back, remember, keep the guns down unless they do something," he said to Waters and his squad. Peters took a few more steps toward the Dutch, waving at them continually. As he got closer another of the Dutchmen stepped forward. He was within sixty yards, still too far away to see their faces, when he saw their rifles go up. "Woh woh woh, hey!" He could hear rustling behind him and wondered if one of Waters' men had provoked them.

That thought was dashed when one of the Dutchman spoke up, using broken English. "Our land! Our land! Get back!"
"Wait, no, this is on our side," he countered, pointing backward. Their outpost was partially visible on the rise of the next rock crest. "Our side!"
The head of the Dutch party - Peters couldn't see his rank - looked down at his compass and then glanced at a map. "Our land!", he repeated.
Idiot isn't reading his map right, was the thought in Peters' head as the Dutchmen began to move into a formation around him, rifles raised. At this range he didn't want to risk bringing his own up or dashing for cover, nothing that could be taken as an attack by this patrol.
He would never be able to tell who fired first. Suddenly there was a series of sharp cracks, rifle fire, and he felt a powerful force smack into his chest. As he fell Peters heard more fire, but he was in too much pain from the gunshot to pay attention.
They had hit his heart.
No, NO NO NO I'm not dying in this fucking wasteland! His thoughts were defiant as the blood drained from his chest despite his hand moving over to clasp the wound. The very heartbeats that kept him alive normally were killing him, forcing blood through the wound and not into the rest of his body.
By the time the sounds of gunfire around him ceased, Lt. Peters was gone.

When the shooting was over the broad-shouldered Sergeant Waters rushed over to his commander's body. Seeing where the wound was and the blue of Lt. Peters' lips he knew that his platoon commander was gone. A few hot tears went down the soldiers' face; Peters had been a green Lieutenant, but he had been an honest one who listened to his NCOs and earned their respect. He was now the first officer Waters had ever lost.
"Sergeant!" Two men came over, bearing one of the Dutch troops. "We've got a live one! What do ya want us to do with him?!"
The man had a bullet wound in the right belly, no where critical but demanding medical attention. Waters recognized him as the patrol's commander, a Lieutenant if he was right about the rank insignia. Professionalism suppressed the emotional desire to kill the Red for having caused Peters' death. Instead, motioning back to their outpost, Waters said, "Bring him to Corporal Keener. What about the others?"
He looked to the others of the platoon who'd either participated in the firefight or had come rushing after hearing fire from the observation post. From their looks he knew the other Dutch boys were dead. "Gather them up!", he barked. "I'll need a squad to get the horse and bring them and the Lt. back to Roper Bar, if nobody volunteers then whoever I don't pick to go will be stuck with two guard shifts!"
That quickly granted him volunteers.

Melbourne Times
22 January 1925

SOLDIER SLAIN BY RED DUTCH RAIDERS IN NORTH TERRITORY!

This newspaper has confirmed a report from the headquarters of the 2nd Australian Guards that a Lieutenant of the 5th Regiment, Benjamin Peters of our fair city, was slain by a party of Dutch raiders that attacked an observation post in the Northern Bush four days ago. According to division commander Brigadier General Blamey the Reds, when confronted by the Lieutenant and some of his troops, refused to withdraw and opened fire, striking Lieutenant Peters squarely in the heart. Our troops were victorious in the resulting skirmish and wiped out the raiding party, taking one prisoner it has been reported.

It is the opinion of this paper that this incident proves that our nation must cease tolerating the Communist theft of the North Territory's upper reaches. We are well within our rights to expel these squatters before they shed more of our nation's blood upon our own soil....
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Mexico (continued)

Ambassador Beccara was from quite a different background from Juan Maria y Grevazia. No nobleman, Beccara was a career civil servant. His father had been a minor lawyer at the patent office and Beccara had only risen to his current position due to skill, pure determination and an affable manner. He now would put the last quality to use.

"Chilitina too shares Mexico's distrust of surprises. It was always only our intention to put the communists on notice that the Republic of Chilitina will not sit idly by while they build battle fleets that threaten the free world. We must have stronger communications in the future. One of the primary goals of the upcoming Freedom conference is that the free nations of the world will share information, thus avoiding confusion. We also plan to develop a common strategy concerning the communist menace. It heartens me to hear that Mexico seeks to contain the Communists.

I think there is more we can do here to prevent bad situations in the future beyond the context of the Freedom Conference. The Chilitinean Navy would very much like to hold joint maneuvers with the Mexican Navy and have our respective armadas visit each others port's as a sign of friendship. Furthermore my government proposes that we exchange more naval attaches to avoid any more misunderstandings in the future."
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Dai Nippon Press

Feminists decry Chinese Foot Binding
A bound foot, this tradition continues in China

Chinese Embassy, Tokyo-Today, the Japanese Feminist Alliance led by Yoshiko Ayase along with allied and supporting organization have orginized a protest against the Chinese Embassy over the failure of the Chinese Government to outlaw the practice of foot binding. The process involves the purposeful mutilation of the feet of young girls using bandages in order to decrease the size of the feet and force them into unnatural shapes. Various campaigns decrying these actions have been brought forward by feminists and this is expected to affect foreign relationships, given the recent infranchisement of Japan's female population.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor