STGOD 2K8 mk. II OOC

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Dark Hellion wrote:Sorry for the delay. We had hurricane force winds here in the Midwest last week which shut down the internet for days. I have been spending the last week trying to get a hold of various employers etc.

Chicago system will be running a screen pattern, attempting to evacuate as many civilians as possible. All the cubs clergy will be acting as shock troops, sabotaging all the infrastructure, and the majority of civilian shipping will be evacuating south towards Moloch and the Syndicalist states. A refugee crisis is coming. I'll help RP it in a bit. Just send me some PMs.
Thanks. I didn't want to post anything definitive on the battle until I got your input. messages will be incoming.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Oh look the Syndicalists are back and so is Thirdfain....i suspect my new Makayan neighbours will be wanting to talk to me about something just as soon as they finish moving into their new government buildings. Out of interest what did they do with the citadels? the Chamarans took anything sensitive, such as mind control and heavy weaponry, but as a gesture of goodwill left the actual structure, shield and power systems intact. *seriously needs to do something for the Chamaran image in the eyes of the humies next door* Just wondering whether 'symbol of oppression' or 'its useful' will win out in their minds.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Ah, Thirdfain! I was beginning to wonder.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Okay, I should have the Dom's next bit up this evening.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

I forget. How far across is one hex on the map? A thousand light years is springing to mind for some reason, but I'm not sure that's right.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

I edited my battle post in the Chicago system for spelling ans such, as well as to hopefully make what is going on more apparant.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Ya' know, it would be kind of hilarious if neither decoy fleet manages to seriously damage the other. (I think both their C3, D, O, and overall point values are roughly similar) :lol:
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Ohma, you're gonna have to tell me which ship names belong to which class so I can calc out the damage. Also, I assume by "smaller ships" you mean the PDF corvettes, yeah?

It also would be amusing if not much damage flies either way, but then, that's kinda what Brookes wants. She doesn't want to actually leave the bait to die, but at the same time, she doesn't want to show too much of her hand and spook anyone in hiding.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Tanasinn wrote:Ohma, you're gonna have to tell me which ship names belong to which class so I can calc out the damage. Also, I assume by "smaller ships" you mean the PDF corvettes, yeah?
Lilith Squadron are the five Durgas, the Chelidonis and Ching Shih are the two Valkyries, and the Agrona is the Athena. And if the PDF ships are advancing with the rest of the lure fleet then yeah, Lilith squadron is targeting them and the Valks are after the actual ships. However I'd assumed the PDFs were staying in orbit around Dayab, so if that is the case then Lilith squadron is aiming at the tac. cruisers (which I'd been assuming are your slightly smaller cruisers).
Tanasinn wrote:It also would be amusing if not much damage flies either way, but then, that's kinda what Brookes wants. She doesn't want to actually leave the bait to die, but at the same time, she doesn't want to show too much of her hand and spook anyone in hiding.
To an extent, that's what Rebekka wants too...except that she's assumed that the Lure is more or less all there is defending Dayab (with a few other ships which seem to be in subspace near the star...but probably not many more than what the Deco force just saw jump in). So yeah, really the only thing the Doms' have going for them here is that Rebekka just wants to blow up some military installations on Dayab's surface and run back to Alpha Cephi. (unfortunately this whole operation is predicated on the assumption that the Humanists don't yet know about the Dominatrixiat...and that anything which they could possibly analyze to get info on them is still in system...which is quite incorrect sadly)
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Tannasin and Dark Hellion, important nobles in both your nations are being invited, in case you didn't read the fine print at the bottom of the post. I figure that while a border baron, Hawthorne's relations in Moloch and personal rulership of a polity the size of the ISA will make him an important enough noble on the scale of the Sphere that many will come; if nothing else, marriage to his dauighter would put a man only a few heartbeats away from the ducal seat of Gilead, and by extension most of the Affiliation.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

That's cool with me, I'll put myself in the ISA's mind and send someone or another over as I'm replying to Ohma.

Question on mininations, though: did we ever decide on a fleet size limit? I know a range was given (250-700), but I'm seeing mostly 400s, and my prototype OOB has them with 700 points in fleet weight. (670, actually, but that's not much of a difference.)
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

The idea is that a whole mess of important ISA nobles will show up, Molochi as well...

Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Yeah, re-reading your post, that makes more sense. Getting a lot of ISA nobles together, as I picture it, is kinda like sticking a bunch of tomcats in a box and shaking it. That should be interesting.
Last edited by Tanasinn on 2008-07-31 09:34pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Can I get a bwahaha? :twisted:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Tanasinn wrote:Yeah, re-reading your post, that makes more sense. Getting a lot of ISA nobles together, as I picture it, is kinda like sticking a bunch of tomcats in a box and shaking it. That should be interesting.
They must have *some* system for hanging out socially; after all, where do little baby ISA nobles come from?

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Whatever for Rogue 9? you'll arrive after the battle and if you're unlucky get blown up.

Nitpick though, you'd only see the flashes from weapons at that kind of distance years and perhaps centuries after the battle. Last i checked the only FTL sensor available only detects things that are actually in hyperspace.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Bleh. What good are FTL sensors if they can't detect shit faster than the speed of light? :P But the bwahaha was for all the Molochi and ISA nobles that are undoubtedly about to be blown up. :D
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Presumably at least a few FTL weapons are in use; our own exchange included more than a few such devices. Those would be detectable...

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

It doesnt matter much Thirdfain as the Melconian armada FTL microjumped into the system which considering the fleet size was probably tad noisy FTL sensor wise even with the stealth. the Ancestors fury subspace torpedoes the Melconians are using are probably rather weak blips by comparison to a ship or fleet.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

*shrug* either way, Rogue will arrive too late to effect the actual fighting; either way, your engagement in the attack will come into the light. But I'm sure NO ONE will mind further cannibal incursions into human space. No, ma'am.

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

We're not Cannibals anymore by either definition of the word. Is thirdfain so quickly forgetting the treaty of Teldus?

At any rate the fact Nashtar lacks the detailed ship recognition database on the Chamarans the Syndicalists have coupled with the jamming gear might allow these mere eight ships to go un recognized in the vast Melconian battle fleet.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

None of my ship commanders are morons, much less the ones sent out on deep patrol. He's not about to try and engage a battle fleet. :P If your pickets stray too far out the wrong way, well, that's their problem. :wink:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Darkevilme wrote:We're not Cannibals anymore by either definition of the word. Is thirdfain so quickly forgetting the treaty of Teldus?

At any rate the fact Nashtar lacks the detailed ship recognition database on the Chamarans the Syndicalists have coupled with the jamming gear might allow these mere eight ships to go un recognized in the vast Melconian battle fleet.
There will be recordings of the battle; there will be survivors. The invasion and destruction of a major interplanetary civilization is not a quiet thing. All it takes is one Syndicalist (or Academy, or Makayan) intel officer looking over one photograph, and it all comes out. In other words, bon chance!

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

At rogue 9: Tell that to the Melconian's i dont think i have any pickets myself.

At thirdfain: It will buy me a bit of time...we'll see how it goes though. Sooner or later Chamaran meddling in Human affairs was going to become noticeable, when the expeditionary fleet attacks the HU at the latest. This is just slightly earlier than i planned
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

This is not an incursion into human space! The Chicago system has always belonged to the Melconian Star Empire and we are simply reclaiming lost territory. Mind you, the Chicago system was an uninhabited system used for mining when the Melconians had it last, and the Colonies were built in the mean time.

Well we are not destroying the human’s culture, (yet anyway) they have chosen to flee before as I arrive. The squatters are being fairly polite, leaving when the rightful owners arrive. (Except for the huge fight in orbit that is :P )

Human ships are sure to get out of the system as well. I simply don't have enough interdiction capability to stop everything from fleeing. As far as pickets go, we aren't posting much besides sensor drones to give early warning of incoming. My doctrine is to bring as much firepower to bear as possible to destroy a target quickly. Rogue, I wouldn't bring your ships in too close. The Melconian's networked ships and AI's are quite good at spotting patterns and such that would reveal a stealth intruder, even if they don't have the ridiculous arrays necessary to pinpoint you. (thats my theory anyway, and I'm sticking to it).
Last edited by Raj Ahten on 2008-07-31 10:19pm, edited 2 times in total.