SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread?

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I agree.

:D The conference has started and thus I am present :)
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Shit, that was close ;)

One wrong diplomatic move and it would get back to the Shady blowing Mongka levels of war readiness.

Thanks for getting in line with rules ;)

P.S. will someone just off this thread, or change it's title to "SDN World free chitchat"
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

No problem. :D

I think it will be better if we all follow the rules.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

BBC
"In Science news, New Earth's first GPS system came online today as the first half dozen satellites have settled into GEO-Orbit in and around the UKB. The Space Minster announced an aggressive plan of one launch a week starting two months from now and going until the end of the year"
The fuck? I don't recall the UKB announcing its space program. Now it already has a series of fucking satellites all the sudden? Granted, its natural to go a bit faster then what normal research goes, but to have suddenly a whole GPS system?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Zixinus wrote:
The fuck? I don't recall the UKB announcing its space program. Now it already has a series of fucking satellites all the sudden? Granted, its natural to go a bit faster then what normal research goes, but to have suddenly a whole GPS system?
Whole system is defined as five sats, and I announced my space program way back on page nine over three days ago. We are assumed with having a full and complete nation ready to go, and I specified in my opening post I wanted a nation ready to go for space.

Trust me when I say I'm spending my full effort on this satellite business. We are on New Earth(I called it!) which has no space program to speak off, just Q said poof, here we are, nations fully behind us and we got to mold them a bit before spending in and running things. So I molded mine to a specific course, that to be the first person with a major space complex and I intend to be the world's launching point for any space-based missions.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I don't recall the UKB announcing its space program. Now it already has a series of fucking satellites all the sudden? Granted, its natural to go a bit faster then what normal research goes, but to have suddenly a whole GPS system?
The UKB was the first to announce investment and a large one into GPS, IIRC. I would search the archive for it ;)

EDIT: ah, beat me to it. Yeah. It's back there and it's been like 3 months ago.

Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Cool, the equator presumably lines up with the central lands of Blackadder. We can have our own Kosmodrome!

Shroomania would like to work together with the United Kingdom of Blackadder for the peaceful conquest of space!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

If that is so, communicate with UKB's government and other OMSK members (meaning me ;)) privately. It's programme will surely accept new investment but there are other... things.
Last edited by K. A. Pital on 2008-04-07 02:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

Assalti Frontali
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Cool, the equator presumably lines up with the central lands of Blackadder. We can have our own Kosmodrome!

Shroomania would like to work together with the United Kingdom of Blackadder for the peaceful conquest of space!
The UKB welcomes all governments which want to fling things into space for somewhat scientific reasons!

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Holy shit! Shep is right on top of ALL OF US! I am glad that he's in the friendly neighborhood O.M.S.K. Pact.

And goddamn, I love how I spun DarthShady's half-cocked action into a story of audacity and decisiveness worthy of a not-shitty Tom Clancy novel :D

Clear and Present Shadow!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

My thanks Shroom Man.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

And goddamn, I love how I spun DarthShady's half-cocked action into a story of audacity and decisiveness worthy of a not-shitty Tom Clancy novel
Yeah, cool ;)

Meanwhile, another issue of the PRAVDA is in order either today or next day :D this will tell about Shep and OMSK plans in some detail ;) nothing classified, but hints will be given.

Assalti Frontali
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Am I the only one that notices that Shep has left the tread after he realised that most of us don't want to go crazy?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

That's far from the truth. ;) Shepnukistan was remaining dormant for other reasons.

That is all I can relay for now ;)

that aside, Shepnukistan's form as a giant nuke is pure coincidence (well... almost). ;) Shepnukistan's territory corresponds to Venezuela in form and scale ;)

Assalti Frontali
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Terribly busy over here for the time being, will see if I can't get things in order for later, but it's doubtful. I'll fudge a reason as soon as I'm un busy.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Okay... but don't forget that Vanaheim is still poised to strike at a Syndromian guerrilla base via a kickass amphibious marine assault 8)
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I currently have three options lined up, between 'sneaky commando op', 'guns blazing' and 'God will sort the dead'. These will be written up as soon as I can, I assure you.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Oky, Im starting to feel a little alone here.. Im looking on the map and im not seeing a single other member of the "Alliance of Advanced Nuclear/Space Reseach" pact there... Also in the past few pages im not sure any of them has posted...
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Shroomania is willing to provide A-10 Warthog air-support and the Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel is prepared to provide awesome photojournalistic coverage (via Ace Combat footage) :D

EDIT:

Crossroads... well, I guess this means you can start a new advocacy! There are still big unaligned nations you can convert to your cause... of space!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Heck with making a New one, Im keeping "AANSR" around, I'll just be looking for new members, if nothing else, I'll be alling myself with you as well as the Omsk Pact since I find StasBush a virtuall twin in temrs of what hes doing with his nation anmd what I like to do in mine.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Well... Surthele (who hasn't posted map) was in the AANSR though he renamed it into a... Techno-union something...

EDIT:

Technocratic Greater Co-Prosperity Alliance

That's what he called it!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Crossroads Inc.

There's O.M.S.K. but it's more a military thing (well, we have Shep and Bean and our primary task is to adequately protect US ourselves and any small ones that may flock to our cause).

As for AANRS, that would require commitments beyond my budget. I already went overdraft but was saved by political finesse, because my expenses related to urgent OMSK needs.

And your nation is differnent ;) yours is a giant corporation ;) that's cool. Mine is a Soviet technoland :D

Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Uh. We should slow down on the conference, get those MESS guys to respond to the stuff we've been rapid-firing. So far, it's just been us going on.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

We should slow down on the conference, get those MESS guys to respond to the stuff we've been rapid-firing. So far, it's just been us going on.
RT government is night shift operating right now ;) so I'm going to sleep.

The MESS will have plenty of time as I'm busy at work tomoroow :D

Maybe 1 issue of PRAVDA a day is most I could do whilst handling the MAP stuff since it's readlly exilirating.

Also, its good nations do look after each other. That eases a lot of game routine management tasks, kinda like a living organism

Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Half the fun of this is finding barely-appropriate pictures for the news dispatches. I hope the United Kingdom of Blackadder's diplomats and politicians and military officers will be routinely composed of Edmunds, George's, Baldricks, Percy's and the occasional mad Melchett :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!