SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread?

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Sure. :) Making PRAVDA is also lots of fun ;)

Also for all, check once again both MAP and PACTS: the most recent (for all who'll comment here):
Neverhood (DEATH) is added as OMSK Pact vassal state.

Congrats to Shroom on assembling most of our little brethren! :) Truly he is more a pinko-red than I am with his altruistic "help the lesser" policy :lol:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

In semi-seriousness:

Voluntaryist Libertopia

Area: 637,657 sq km

Population: Estimated 50 million+, decreasing.

Army: Pretty much anyone with a gun. (See also, Population, sub-states), Technicals ranging from Ladas with a guy with a gun standing in the sun roof (light tank Analogue) to Toyota pickups with HMGs, RPGs or several hopped-up headcases (Heavy Tank Analogue)

Airforce: Men with guns on the roof, attack helicopters circa 1970's vintage, prop-driven aircraft.

Navy: Men with guns in speedboats. Men with guns in fishing boats. Possible deployment of an advanced form for Car Bomb, known as the 'Boat Bomb'. 1x grounded Kirov, rusting.

GDP: As a nation, practically bugger all. It's black economy is estimated to rival the economies of a typical mega nation.

Main Industries: You're kidding, right?

Propping up the economy: Pain, misery, insanity, pirates, people, drugs, net importer of firearms.

Government: Nothing central.

Sub-States: From it's founding on Disintegration Day (variously the 21st, 7th, 12th and 17th of Janurary, July or maybe March 2007/2005/1997/yesterday), the entire nation has disintegrated into anarchy. At one point, virtually every street, every house was it's own independent fiefdom. However, when one of the larger mobs developed a devastating weapon known as the 'Car Bomb', various alliances have been formed, making the present state of near total war the most peaceful the country's been since about last Tuesday.

Membership:
None
Last edited by Vanas on 2008-04-08 02:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

volly doesn't exist ;) he's only for the Coliseum.

And he would spoil the game anyway since he doesn't get economic or political realism, so we'd have to hack his nation off pretty fast :lol:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

Isn't DEATH's title a derogatory title and thus he is only eligible for a Dutchy? If I'm mistaken please correct but otherwise he has over-claimed.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Stas Bush wrote:volly doesn't exist ;) he's only for the Coliseum.

And he would spoil the game anyway since he doesn't get economic or political realism, so we'd have to hack his nation off pretty fast :lol:
The nation's been mentioned a few times in the thread itself. Everyone needs a hive of scum and villain.y :p
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

oh god yes

I pray that no one discovers oil there :twisted:

EDIT:

And isn't DAETH a sock-state of Shepnukistan, either way? :twisted:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Yes, Retarded Spambot counts as a negative title by any strech. Sorry Doof, you only get a dutchy.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Double Post, Sorry.
Last edited by Zor on 2008-04-07 04:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Which is interesting as DEATH just asked to be in my ANNSR pact. Im actually rather hounored ;)

In seriousness though while we all pick on him, hges not THAT bad, well not as bad as he WAS, though it does change things with his custom title, knocking him way down in size. Of course also as mentioned its rather Moot as Deaths state in the very beginning, basiclly capitulated to Sheps assimation rather then risk getting snuffed out.

Another thing thats been bugging me is the sheer SPEED of the responses. It is a bit daunting and its easy for someone to get ;left in the dust. I hadn't checked the thing in about a day and find 3 or 4 new pages of conferance and treaty stuff. Perhaps we should "volunteer' someone to write up Page summaries in the form of a Newspaper for this?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You could ask individual dudes, via PM, about a short sit-rep. It won't be a complete picture, but it will keep you sort of appraised.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

And isn't DAETH a sock-state of Shepnukistan, either way?
Indeed. Death holds a punitive CT. Neverhood was annexed in the Fraternal Brotherhood of OMSK early during the history of SD Nations with little objection from DEATH himself, and as such, we felt it would be unfair to change events that already transpired. Since he did not rule the nation, we only used his postcount and did not get penalized for having a ruler... ;)

Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Awesome. You guys get your first-ever vassal state :twisted:

...*laughs at DEATH's map*

*keels over*
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Awesome. You guys get your first-ever vassal state :twisted:

...*laughs at DEATH's map*

*keels over*
It's a happy shark, you got a problem with that? You don't want Shark's to be happy or something?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

EDIT: See reference thread.
Last edited by phongn on 2008-04-07 07:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

The Duchy of Langley is missing from the Power Alliances Map for some reason.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

did you make a mAp?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:did you make a mAp?
Yes, I did, and my nation shows up just fine on the regular world map.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Quesiton in general. I'm counting my carrier-based air wing against the allowed jet total. Is anyone else doing this or is anyone not doing this? Simply put if no one else is doing this then I am going to restate my AF.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I counted naval aviation against the total numbers as well.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

I've counted naval and army aviation against the allowed jet fighter total, as appropriate. As such, A-10s count against the total.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

CmdrWilkens wrote:Quesiton in general. I'm counting my carrier-based air wing against the allowed jet total. Is anyone else doing this or is anyone not doing this? Simply put if no one else is doing this then I am going to restate my AF.
I've not been, I've been assuming Carrier's came with a full complement (82 in Nimiz case) because 300 planes is not that much, even three carriers and you would have a bare half dozen planes to put on land.

It also makes sense from the point that Carriers without planes are utterly worthless, who would trade for a carrier unless he got the plans along with it? That's where I ended up with my eight hundred count plane total, 600 planes +Ships (6x82=492)=1092. And even then I only put 61 planes(If I remember correctly that's standard peace-time load) on the carriers I counted.

*Edit since this is a Zor RAR I've asked him to issue a ruling to set things in stone.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Well regardless of the ruling it appears enough other folks are going with carrier wings counting against that I will stick with that until production ramps up.

Also a complete Naval OOB has been posted for Wilkonia in the reference thread.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Another thing thats been bugging me is the sheer SPEED of the responses. It is a bit daunting and its easy for someone to get ;left in the dust. I hadn't checked the thing in about a day and find 3 or 4 new pages of conferance and treaty stuff. Perhaps we should "volunteer' someone to write up Page summaries in the form of a Newspaper for this?
Yeah. That is a problem. I'm out for the day and the damn conference that I repeatedly called for was over before I got a chance to even see it. :|
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

CmdrWilkens wrote:Well regardless of the ruling it appears enough other folks are going with carrier wings counting against that I will stick with that until production ramps up.

Also a complete Naval OOB has been posted for Wilkonia in the reference thread.
Zor has returned my PM, Carrier air wings come out of general plane pool, I will be adjusting my OOB accordingly sometime tomorrow, it's to late this night.

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I assumed all jet fighters are counted into total, this is reasonable.

let me relay to all that I do think it is reasonable because it stops mega-dickwankery (kingdoms entering pacts which don't even have much of an airforce, can convert their Navies into CVNs and suddenly end up with a fucking Royal aviation size - that should not fly in my view).

The jet cap also prevents carrier swarming whilst feeling at ease at home.

I understand that it's not too much fighters, but I think any fighter jet shoul dbe counted.

AEWs and non-fighter craft are not counted in totals.

P.S. Sorry Duchy of Langley, I will correct this in the evening and you shall be shown as a constituent of both OMSK and FUNGAL.

P.P.S. Night UKB ;) your allies are ever vigilant and take up the guard :)

Assalti Frontali