[jesusfreak]The Borg vrs. the Empire

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Five trolls terminated in three days, how about that.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
jesusfreak
Redshirt

Post by jesusfreak »

Lord Zentei wrote:Five trolls terminated in three days, how about that.
Which five?
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

jesusfreak wrote:
Which five?
In Chronological order

And btw Dumbfuck...ah never mind...you'll get banned again :)
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Surlethe wrote:
NecronLord wrote:
Surlethe wrote:The Empire is literally trillions of times more powerful than any Milky Way civilization;
The Organians beg to disagree. :wink:
Oh, pshh. Repeat after me: sweeping generalizations are not fallacies. Sweeping generalizations are not fallacies. Sweeping generalizations ... . :wink:

Well, what I was trying to say was that the Empire is literally trillions of times more powerful than any of the civilizations with which the Federation has frequent contact in the series. Is there a sufficiently concise way to put that which won't piss off the Organians? :P
I'm not so convinced that the Organians are that super-powerful even if they are Beings of Pure ThoughtTM

Such critters are often subjected to the No Limits fallacy. Anyhow there is AFAIK little to gauge their capabilities by.

I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ghost Rider wrote:
jesusfreak wrote:
Which five?
In Chronological order

Everyone say hello to Manhattan/HARM before he leaves again.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

LadyTevar wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
jesusfreak wrote: Which five?
In Chronological order

Everyone say hello to Manhattan/HARM before he leaves again.
Whoa, same IP, yet again?
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

IP BAN!
Image Image
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Lord Zentei wrote:I'm not so convinced that the Organians are that super-powerful even if they are Beings of Pure ThoughtTM

Such critters are often subjected to the No Limits fallacy. Anyhow there is AFAIK little to gauge their capabilities by.
I didn't know about the Organians, so I deferred to NecronLord's superior knowledge of Star Trek. Whether or not they're able to take on the Empire is not something I can determine.

And whoah, Manhatten Project's back?
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Surlethe wrote:
Lord Zentei wrote:I'm not so convinced that the Organians are that super-powerful even if they are Beings of Pure ThoughtTM

I didn't know about the Organians, so I deferred to NecronLord's superior knowledge of Star Trek. Whether or not they're able to take on the Empire is not something I can determine.
Yeah, they are one of those "omnipotent" beings that have "evolved" beyond the need for a physical body or some such shit. :roll: All in all, very little can be said about them.
Noble Ire should update his card: "When Manhattem Project leaves play, search your library for a Troll card with a converted mana cost of 1 or less and place that card into play. Shuffle your library afterwards". ;)

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Surlethe wrote:

Their most noteworthy feat was supposedly nullifying all the fleets in the Federation and Klingon empire from going to war with each other by making everything too hot for them to touch. Since the physics behind this would be rather daft, it seems more likely they simply affected people psychically to believe that everything they were touching was too hot to handle. Whether a trick like this would work on the Empire, damned if I could say.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

There is also the issue of numbers of targets, range, area of effect, etc.

brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

Since the physics behind this would be rather daft, it seems more likely they simply affected people psychically to believe that everything they were touching was too hot to handle.
How is it more simple to psychically manipulate x billions of people than to heat metal to x degrees? I take it at face value, the Organians did it to the Klingons and the Federation, especially since Spock was around and he has special training.

Brian
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

jesusfreak wrote:
Which five?
I don't like folks who evade bans. Twice.

And so, Banathon rolls on. To the Parting Shots!
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter