[sirlancelot88] SD.net Forums Breed Immaturity

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

sirlancelot88
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

[sirlancelot88] SD.net Forums Breed Immaturity

Post by sirlancelot88 »

Look at the banner at the top of the page. What does it say? "Mockery of stupid people?" By exclusively mocking stupid people, instead of constructively correcting their errors, SD.net members prove themselves to be mean-spirited and immature. It's a basic psychological need to be accepted, and I understand that you all obtain acceptance by collectively using these forums to make yourselves feel superior. But seriously, get friends and go out or something.

I've also noticed quite a number of anime-themed avatars and signatures in this forum. Come on. Anime? Isn't that for kids who are still into Pokémon? I half expect you people to be going to sleep with Hello Kitty dolls at night.

And you may not realize it, but you become just as bad as the "religious fundies" whom you constantly bash when you prostrate yourselves in front of the temple of science. Have you ever critically evaluated the worth of systems other than science in the understanding of the world, even if they don't produce "hard" results?
Boyish-Tigerlilly
Sith Devotee

Post by Boyish-Tigerlilly »

You wouldn't happen to be an armchair psychologist would you? If you so hate it here, why are you here. Really? Who is the more pathetic? The pathetic people who congregate or those who follow the congregation to tell them they are pathetic?
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Re: SD.net Forums Breed Immaturity

Post by SirNitram »

sirlancelot88 wrote:Look at the banner at the top of the page. What does it say? "Mockery of stupid people?" By exclusively mocking stupid people, instead of constructively correcting their errors, SD.net members prove themselves to be mean-spirited and immature. It's a basic psychological need to be accepted, and I understand that you all obtain acceptance by collectively using these forums to make yourselves feel superior. But seriously, get friends and go out or something.
Just because you are incapable of interacting on the Internet and having positive, uplifting social and love lives does not mean everyone is incapable. It means you're a pathetic little worm.
I've also noticed quite a number of anime-themed avatars and signatures in this forum. Come on. Anime? Isn't that for kids who are still into Pokémon? I half expect you people to be going to sleep with Hello Kitty dolls at night.
And so someone who talks about maturity shows he has the maturity of a child by classifying an entire medium as childish.
And you may not realize it, but you become just as bad as the "religious fundies" whom you constantly bash when you prostrate yourselves in front of the temple of science. Have you ever critically evaluated the worth of systems other than science in the understanding of the world, even if they don't produce "hard" results?
And a Golden Mean Fallacy to round it out.

There's the door. You don't like it, you get the fuck out of other's private property.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

This coming from a person whos only contribution to SDnet has come in the form of mocking it. Why did you sign up if you don't like it here you stupid fuck? *kicks sirlancelot88 in the ass*
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Is it a new trend to start trolling on message boards over Spring Break or something?
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

So, over two threads we see that this guy thinks we're all immature, unfulfilled virgins. Any guesses as to *this* guys life? Could he be... projecting? :)
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Hey dipshit! Nice to know you've got a backbone, now how about a brain?

Seriously, if you're going to say that SDNet breeds immaturity, you're sorely mistaken.
By exclusively mocking stupid people, instead of constructively correcting their errors, SD.net members prove themselves to be mean-spirited and immature.
It's not for having not tried, let me assure you. Even so, until you've actually managed to visit everything here on the forum, that's not all that it's about here, and it was not (in its entirety) what this board was about in the beginning.
It's a basic psychological need to be accepted, and I understand that you all obtain acceptance by collectively using these forums to make yourselves feel superior. But seriously, get friends and go out or something.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I hear something on the wind? Pfft. Look, you obviously don't understand all the goings-on of the board. Obviously, SDNet is just another Internet clique. But at least most of us here (I think, anyway) have outside lives, as well. So again, you've made a completely unfounded assumption of the board netizens as a whole.
Animé is more than just Pokémon and Dragon Ball Z. If you didn't know that, then you seem to be more sheltered than a lot of people I know of, which is saying quite a lot. Animé compounds a whole medium of cartoons, mangas, etc., and again, you've completely misconceived a greater portion of yet another social group.

I'm not even going to bother with the last paragraph, as Nitram put it quite simply.

Honestly, I don't even know why you bothered to join the board and post this ... utter shit here. So if you don't like it? Too fucking bad. It's stated I think numerous times in the announcements that if you don't like it, you can leave. Personally, I'd suggest you do so, but that's just me. Of course, you'd know that if you read them. Apparently, you didn't. No one's fault but your own, on that note.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

sirlancelot88 wrote:Look at the banner at the top of the page. What does it say? "Mockery of stupid people?" By exclusively mocking stupid people, instead of constructively correcting their errors, SD.net members prove themselves to be mean-spirited and immature. It's a basic psychological need to be accepted, and I understand that you all obtain acceptance by collectively using these forums to make yourselves feel superior. But seriously, get friends and go out or something.
Every one here is subjected to the same harsh yet fair atmosphere. Really, if anything, people should be glad at harsh and consistent critism of their ideas and/or arguments. If you are not challenged, you will not grow. People who do nothing but 'hang' with those who think like they do, or just parrot what their friends say are the real pathetic people.

Immature people are those who whine when something is being explained to them or they bitch and moan when they are told to go figure it out themselves when some one who does know doesn't have the time to write it out in crayon.
And you have the balls to babble about 'mean spiritness' and 'immature'? But I would venture that spending all your time in a group-think lockstep would lead you to stereotype an entire culture of 'cartoon style' as kiddie shit. The more I read of you, the more you sound like you were psyco-analyzing yourself.
There are many subjective debates here, and they are argued a lot better than your pathetic 'anime is for kids' bullshit. (Personally, I'm not a huge fan of a fair chunk of anime but I digress) The very fact that in your tripe, you couldn't help but violate your own self righteousness and attack with utter stupidity a large subject like anime, really doesn't give your credibility much of a standing. :roll:

Really, you come off as a total poser; if we're so pathetic that you feel the need to preach to light to us, are you not just as big a looser for being here preaching your shit? Fuck off, kid.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
sirlancelot88

Post by sirlancelot88 »

[quote="DPDarkPrimus"]Is it a new trend to start trolling on message boards over Spring Break or something?[/quote]

See? Anime avatar. :roll:
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

sirlancelot88 wrote:
DPDarkPrimus wrote:Is it a new trend to start trolling on message boards over Spring Break or something?
See? Trolling. :roll:
sirlancelot88

Post by sirlancelot88 »

Knife wrote: Every one here is subjected to the same harsh yet fair atmosphere. Really, if anything, people should be glad at harsh and consistent critism of their ideas and/or arguments. If you are not challenged, you will not grow. People who do nothing but 'hang' with those who think like they do, or just parrot what their friends say are the real pathetic people.
What you describe is called "constructive criticism." What SD.net encourages is called "OOO OO AHH AHH ME SMARTER THAN YOOO"
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

sirlancelot88 wrote:
DPDarkPrimus wrote:Is it a new trend to start trolling on message boards over Spring Break or something?
Whoopdefuckingdoo. He has an anime avatar. What of it? Do you even have the slightest hint as to what anime it's from?

Formerly verilon

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

sirlancelot88 wrote:See? Anime avatar. :roll:
Oh noes! How dare someone have an avatar you don't personally like!

If you mattered in the grand scheme of things, this wouldn't be mocking sarcasm!

But you're a worthless twat, so low and without place that you troll internet forums!
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

You post here under the rules everyone else does. You're obviously going through the meltdown phase, and trying to get banned. Just hurry up.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Christ, even we members of ASS aren't that stupidly biased. This may come as a shock to you, but just because it's animated instead of live-action does not necessarily mean it's targetted at children.

You're not long for this place. Bye.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I hate 95% of anime too (ASS in spirit ;) but I'm using an anime avatar from now on. Fuck him and his stupid head, says I. SOLIDARITY SNAKE! :)
sirlancelot88

Post by sirlancelot88 »

Stark wrote:
You post here under the rules everyone else does. You're obviously going through the meltdown phase, and trying to get banned. Just hurry up.
Is that an anime character being <i>ejaculated upon?</i> Disgusting.
Boyish-Tigerlilly
Sith Devotee

Post by Boyish-Tigerlilly »

Doesn't 88 mean Heil Hitler?
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Lolz it is *now*! You inspired me to change my av from 'Dan getting a blowjob: the pre-o face' to 'random bukakke shot'. Happy? :)
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

SD.net is intended to be somewhat hardcore and your expected to know your shit when you come in. It's not everyone else's task to clean up after someone who post logically flawed or Incorect. You do something stupid, you get punished, you don't and you don't.
Well this just proves how little you know about Anime. The Japanese use animation for a wide spectrum of genres which while including Children's entertainment reaches into the Adult Realm (including Hentai, look it up). I would never dream showing the Ghost in the Shell movies to eight year olds.
Basicly your saying that Science (which is the systematic study through experimentation and opservation of the universe to understand it) should be at times overridden because of some old incosistant book about an invisable man controlling the universe that was based on the Oral History of a group of nomadic sheep farmers among thousands of other anchent books of similer origens. Get your head out your ass before we have to crowbar it out.

In short, suck up your gut and realise that this place is not the kindest place on the net and start using logic properly or get out.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Morilore
Jedi Master

Post by Morilore »

sirlancelot88 wrote:
Knife wrote: Every one here is subjected to the same harsh yet fair atmosphere. Really, if anything, people should be glad at harsh and consistent critism of their ideas and/or arguments. If you are not challenged, you will not grow. People who do nothing but 'hang' with those who think like they do, or just parrot what their friends say are the real pathetic people.
What you describe is called "constructive criticism." What SD.net encourages is called "OOO OO AHH AHH ME SMARTER THAN YOOO"
What you think of as "constructive criticism" seems to actually be "mild-worded criticism." What SD.net encourages is "constructive criticism minus kiddie gloves," which you can't seem to handle.
"Guys, don't do that"
sirlancelot88

Post by sirlancelot88 »

Morilore wrote:Which you can't seem to handle.
Ad hominem. Where's your empirical evidence to support this claim?
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Nice to note that you have completely ignored myself, Nitram and most of what Knife had to say there. Is it possible that you're just trying to make it seem that you somehow are a know-it-all about these subjects you're trying to portray as 'wrong' somehow?

Formerly verilon

haas mark

Post by haas mark »

sirlancelot88 wrote:
Morilore wrote:Which you can't seem to handle.
Ad hominem. Where's your empirical evidence to support this claim?
Everywhere else on the board, maybe?

Formerly verilon

sirlancelot88

Post by sirlancelot88 »

Zor wrote:Basicly your saying that Science (which is the systematic study through experimentation and opservation of the universe to understand it) should be at times overridden because of some old incosistant book about an invisable man controlling the universe that was based on the Oral History of a group of nomadic sheep farmers among thousands of other anchent books of similer origens. Get your head out your ass before we have to crowbar it out.

In short, suck up your gut and realise that this place is not the kindest place on the net and start using logic properly or get out.
If you didn't notice, I at no point referred to Christianity. You're reading things into this post, based on your preexisting bias.