Manhatten Project is a dipshit troll

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Manhatten Project wrote:I have realized it: mods=gods.
Yes. Satisfied? Now get down on your knees and worship me, mortal, or get the thunderbolt of much smiting up your ass!

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

fgalkin wrote:
Yes. Satisfied? Now get down on your knees and worship me, mortal, or get the thunderbolt of much smiting up your ass!

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Any god who demands worship is no true God!
Anyway, I've allready freed mine siblings to wage war upon thee and the other Titans, dark one :P.
I really shouldn't re-read greek mythology before going to bed (And yes, I know that the titnas were the generation before the gods but not gods per se).
Bah, enough semantics, anyway I have lightning resistance 45, sonic resistance 30 and a DVR of 0 anyway, your attacks are useless against me godling :wink:
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

DEATH wrote:
fgalkin wrote:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Anyway, I've allready freed mine siblings to wage war upon thee and the other Titans, dark one :P.
I really shouldn't re-read greek mythology before going to bed (And yes, I know that the titnas were the generation before the gods but not gods per se).
Bah, enough semantics, anyway I have lightning resistance 45, sonic resistance 30 and a DVR of 0 anyway, your attacks are useless against me godling :wink:
*Laughs as Death's every post disappears*

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

fgalkin wrote:
DEATH wrote:
fgalkin wrote: Yes. Satisfied? Now get down on your knees and worship me, mortal, or get the thunderbolt of much smiting up your ass!

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
*Laughs as Deat's every post disappears*

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Image Image
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

So, is there a message board anywhere where this isn't true ?
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

bilateralrope wrote:
atheistsbbs.org?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

bilateralrope wrote:
I'm sure there are message boards with moderators that are spineless. It's most likely where he came from.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Soontir C'boath wrote:
bilateralrope wrote:
I'm sure there are message boards with moderators that are spineless. It's most likely where he came from.
At Startrek.com they let people get away with an unbelievable amout of shit...unless you post bad words. THEN they come down and start editing your posts.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Soontir C'boath wrote:
bilateralrope wrote:
Well, I believe that it has been mentioned before that the moderating staff on a lot of boards could care less if one is a dishonest little shitstain who repeatedly refuses to backup his arguments with any evidence beyond "I say so!!!! LOLLERSKATES!!!11" They do, however, care if the posters use any profanity or engage in flaming or other forms of so-called 'disrespect' or 'being mean'. On those boards the mods are there to be nannies who will hug board members, kiss them on the forehead, and protect them from mean people with stern words and finger-wagging.

Here, the mods could care less if one is a mean, crusty old crumudgeon; as long as they're not dishonest, and are willing to back up their assertions. However, they will come down like the proverbial ton of bricks on dishonest little shitstains. Here, the mods aren't nannies. They won't hug you, or kiss you on the forehead, nor will they protect someone from a richly-deserved flaming.
Perseid
Padawan Learner

Post by Perseid »

Ahhh flamebait, who ordered original receipe and who wanted extra crispy :twisted:

Well MP has proven that no matter how many times however many people (lost count) tell a dumb shit to SHUT THE FUCK UP AND READ THE RULES it just doesn't quite register.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

I know the mods here are more likely to flame someone than to stop the flaming. But I've always felt that with any messsage board, if you have a complaint with someone you make it to the people above them if a direct complaint won't work. If you have a complaint with the people on the top (Mike Wong in this case) your only option is to leave (well, the people hosting the site are higher up, but they rarly care much at all, so they dont count).

I'm not sure I'd like those boards with spineless moderators. So I wont go to them
wolveraptor
Sith Marauder

Post by wolveraptor »

I'm confused: a Governor is an Admin, so does that make Senators mods? And what are Executors? What about Supermods?
"If one needed proof that a guitar was more than wood and string, that a song was more than notes and words, and that a man could be more than a name and a few faded pictures, then Robert Johnson’s recordings were all one could ask for."

- Herb Bowie, Reason to Rock
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

wolveraptor wrote:I'm confused: a Governor is an Admin, so does that make Senators mods? And what are Executors? What about Supermods?
No:

Executors = Admins
Governors = Moderators and Supermoderators.
Senators = . . . Well, Senators.

<ADDENDUM>

And a couple people are both mods/supermods in their normal day-to-day interaction with the board, and have a seperate admin account for doing things like approving new users and laying smackdowns.
Manhatten Project
BANNED

Post by Manhatten Project »

fgalkin wrote:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
I think I already have.
The government would get me if they knew what I was doing.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Dude thats a horsemanisation waiting to happen.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Manhatten Project
BANNED

Post by Manhatten Project »

Lord Pounder wrote:Dude thats a horsemanisation waiting to happen.
That has already happened, also.
The government would get me if they knew what I was doing.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Manhatten Project wrote:
Lord Pounder wrote:Dude thats a horsemanisation waiting to happen.
That has already happened, also.
Some people won't take a hint if it jumps on their head and goes facehugger on them. Not that that comes as a surprise.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
TheBlackCat
Padawan Learner

Post by TheBlackCat »

bilateralrope wrote:So, is there a message board anywhere where this isn't true ?
Yes, boards where they don't give mods any real power then leave them to fend for themselves when the admin stops coming *grumble*
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
-Richard Dawkins
Simmon
Youngling

Post by Simmon »

Wait, how can a mod, a person in a position of power have none? Isn't a mod by definition someone who has power? :? Am I terribly misinformed?
Are there actualy boards with wussy mods? :?
TheBlackCat
Padawan Learner

Post by TheBlackCat »

Some boards only give mods the ability to edit posts and give warnings.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
-Richard Dawkins
Capsaicin
Lex Lucem

Post by Capsaicin »

You had 24 hours to defend yourself, and that was it? That was the best you could do? How pitiably sad.

And no, mods aren't gods. They enforce the board rules, which you were instructed to read before posting. One of them, Administrative Rule #6, states:
AR 6 wrote:Flaming of the staff is permitted, but only with respect to their views stated in any given thread, not their administrative actions. Those who pre-emptively or falsely accuse the moderators of "abuse of power" (a common troll tactic designed to discourage enforcement of rules against them) will be disciplined.
Dumbed down (you're welcome), it reads, "flaming a mod for doing his job is against the rules and can get you into trouble." And it just so happens that our favourite kind of discipline for members who have been around for less than a week and who have shown no willingness to admit any wrongdoing on their part is banning.

Goodbye, Manhatten Project.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Simmon wrote:Wait, how can a mod, a person in a position of power have none? Isn't a mod by definition someone who has power? :? Am I terribly misinformed?
Depends. Moderator powers range from only being able to edit posts in a given forum to supermoderator powers over entire boards. If an administrator leaves weak moderators, and then stops browsing boards, then the moderators won't have much power, especially since they are unable to ban people.
Are there actualy boards with wussy mods? :?
Yes. I've been on boards where blatant trolling is uncountered, and administrative edicts go unenforced. Things are especially bad when there's an apathetic or absent administrator; trolls go unpunished, and nothing really ever happens. One of the boards where I'm a member, two or three members -- for example, one who has a vendetta against policemen (as far as I can tell), and one who is a hardcore republiwhore -- are able to shut down discussion almost at a whim. I tried debating the republiwhore on stem cell research, and it's difficult when the TOS prevent me from flaming, he's blatantly trolling, and neither mods nor admins step in to enforce rationality.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Capsaicin wrote:Goodbye, Manhatten Project.

Image Image
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Well, it looks like the ban hammer dropped while I was writing a reply.

Good-bye, troll.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."