Starcraft Terrans vs. Star Trek Federation

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Starcraft Terrans vs. Star Trek Federation

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Mainly the Terran UED, Confed., Kel-Moris Combine, etc. with their INSANE industrial capabilities vs probly larger, = to or slightly to mildly more powerful weaponry smaller fleets of the Federation.

This does not include the borg, Q, romulans, or other races or soon to be released romulan techonology. (you know what I mean if you've read the god awful script for the new Star Trek movie.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

The industrial capacity, and overall power of the SC civs is puny in comparison to MOST Sf universes (ie-star wars, B5, ect.) but as far as trek is concerned the terran empire would shred them limb from limb. It doesnt matter wheather of not trek has phaser as terrans have machine guns, terrans also have tanks, artillery, not to mention the battle cruiser (go yamamoto gun!) since we never see deep space trans-galactic capships we can only presume it woudl be something along the lines of a scaled up battle cruiser in which case the feds are still doomed as for zergs I'd say the odds are still for them (there biological weapons would easily kill unprotected red-shirts) the protoss zealots might have a problem getting close to red shirts, but with thier sheilds this may not be a problem.In fact reltivly all of SC's civs could crush the feds with ease, as can most SF civs.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Problem is that the Terrans have no shielding technology.
Several salvos of torps could possibly do some damage to a terran vessel.
In ground combat of course, the Redshirts would be more dead than anything else.
Btw, imagine redshirts trying to fight off a Zerg attack on an outpost ...... :D

As for propulsion systems, in the manual for SC it's said they all use warp drive, so we should assume their supralight speed is roughly equal.
Supermod
Darth Garden Gnome

Yeah your right terrans dont have shields (we should assume that the feds of course cant just beam abomb into there reactor) but the armor thye have is on par with zergs/protoss's, and since protoss have shields it effetivley doubles there hps. I still think that with ships like the battle cruiser they they could make short work out of fed craft
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

And remember they also have real fighters, and I'm sure a number of Valkyries would be highly effective against Feddie vessels.
Nonetheless, imagine Redshirts defending a colony against the Zeeeeeerg....
Supermod
Darth Garden Gnome

Imagine what a yamamoto gun woudl do to a galaxy class starship! have the bridge crew woudl die of exploding counsile syndrome. And think of all the horrible biological things zergs would do to the poor red shirts! Mad terrasn woudl be running everywhere exploding! yuck.
Darth Garden Gnome

And of course when its time for the terrans to launch the big one (nuke hurrah!) they wont take any prisoners, they shoot one of those cloak guys of to the fed base (or orbiting starship) and confirma launch pronto
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

After all, this is a fight real humans which behave like real humans against humans who want to hide their true nature.
The Feds surely haven't seen the kind of wounds a good old-fashioned projectile weapon causes.
But as much fun as it would be nuking and yamato-ing the Feds out of galactic history, it would be even more fun to field the Zerg against them.
The UED could install one of those Zerg signal beacons on Earth and watch as it's overrun.
Or imagine a Zerg boarding party aboard E-E, hehehe
Supermod
Darth Garden Gnome

yeah hydralisk launching there spikes threw crewers chests, and then rip there corpse limb for limb and devour the remains what a show that woudl be.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

I can tell you I really loved the game especially the video sequences :)
Supermod
Darth Garden Gnome

i thought the zergs were just bad-ass in the vid sequences, they got that yuck-but-still-cool tech that woudl make you wanna die to bullets or psionics instead of zergs, spikes claws teeth and bio weps
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

My favorite sequence is the Brood War intro, there you see how huge those battlecruisers must be.
Hell, the Zerg are fierce enemys, I really would like to see how they'd fare in the alpha quad.
Supermod
Darth Garden Gnome

well besides the psycological effect it would have, big lumbering bug-mutants with only the desire to conquer threw grotesque but effective means, and ofcourse in playing the game we see how effective-devistatingly so-the zergs are in general

and all hail the ultralisk
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

A fight Zerg vs Borg would be cool: both have large armies, both fight until the end, both will never negotiate...
Supermod
Darth Garden Gnome

well on paper it sounds liek a good idea, but in practice the borg are a bunch of zombies who use laughable tactis of parking your cube in the middle of a fight and shooting phasers at nearby ships, the zerg (using kinetic attacks) once boarding a borg cube woudl run amuck and anihalte every borg in a rather short period of time i shoudl think
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Imagine what a yamamoto gun woudl do to a galaxy class starship!
Assuming that the 20-foot-long Battlecruiser, travelling at a top speed of 15 kph (even in a vacuum... go figure), and with a range of less than 100 feet, could get within range to use its Yamato cannon...

:D

(Hey... if you wanna use in-game dynamics as an indicator of industrial capacity, you have to take everything that goes with it. It's all or nothing.)
The Great and Malignant
Darth Garden Gnome

ok you win SPOOFE

but the battle cruiser u get to control in the game is probably considerably smaller and weaker than the real terran capships, we dont truly knwo there stats since theve never been used but in-game vids give us an idea. So lets says those large capship vessels (could range from dreadnaught to ISD size i suppose) had a yamamoto style cannon? then the feds woudl still be in trouble after seing what a mini littl eone can do
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

SC in-game is completely out of scale.
I think we should regard the video sequences as the most canonical source.
The Battlecruiser is huge, but they just couldn't make it that big in the game itslef, just like the buildings and everything else.
Supermod
FireNexus
Cookie

Love that game...

Post by FireNexus »

The terrans would royally rape the feds. They have cloaking with firing ability still active. The feds wouldn't know what him them when a squadron of wraiths doesn't even appear from nowhere and bombards a GCS to smithereens.

My personal wet dream, of course, is a Protoss vs. Empie fight. Think about this for a second. We can assume, based on the storyline, and canon references, that the Protoss control a fairly large area of space. Even after Aiur's destruction, they still managed to put up one hell of a fight.

Plus, their entire ground force is a bunch of freaking Jedi, for all intents and purpose.

Imagine: A group of Stormies see an approaching figure, and level their weapons at him. Suddenly, a huge blob of light forms near him, and they're all shredded to pieces by a psionic storm.

One more thing: I definitely think that terran forces would give the Stormies serious trouble. Their fighters can fire at ground troops, and we know that they're ground troops have heavy enough armor to take attacks from fighter weapons.

Imagine: A group of charging Stormies find themselves cut down to shred with a rain of gauss-rifle rounds and laser(well, pretty similar to turbolaser) fire from above. The survivors still charge forward as Spider Mines lift from out of the soil, and explode, killing the rest of them...

Though I still think that the Imps would have a field day with the Terrans, their ground-based efforts would result in huge casualties.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

MMmmmm..... they don't have that many Templars. I do think the Protoss present the best match the the Empire, but they don't have nearly enough space. They also seem to have lost their best production world, although the new home on wherevere world sems like a very defensible place.

Those ships of the Terrans aren't any faster than the colony ships that brought them to the new Starcraft worlds (and, BTW, having Earth and the Terrans have the same damn tech exactly is just stupid).
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Imagine what a phaser would do to the unshielded surface of a terran battlecruiser....it would cause HEAVY damage probably causing the hull to fail, and surely one photon torpedo would be enough to destroy a terran battlecruiser.

:roll: :D
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

*seems to forget Phaser Are Conditional and don't always work aginst everything equaly well

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Mr Bean wrote:*seems to forget Phaser Are Conditional and don't always work aginst everything equaly well
If you were refering to me, then you seemed to have missed the " :roll: :D " faces....which mean I was joking, or really in this case mocking those that say "Imagine what the Yamotos gun would do to the E-D"
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Terran ships might not normally have shields. But Science vessels can create a short-lived one that reduces damage taken.

And the UED must have massively faster ships then the original colonists. Dates are given in the game, and it's only about a year from first contact with the Zerg to the arrival of the UED. The UED force was not organized and dispatched until after they Confederacy had encountered both the Zerg and Protoss.

They managed to organize and deploy to the rim in under a year. That gives them much better FTL then the Federation at least, though still much slower then hyperdrive. The first time it may have taken 30 years, but the second time it took more like 6 months.

Zerg FTL however sucks, 60 years from the deep core to rim. Course they would have stopped pretty often to eradicate assorted races and assimilate others.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:well on paper it sounds liek a good idea, but in practice the borg are a bunch of zombies who use laughable tactis of parking your cube in the middle of a fight and shooting phasers at nearby ships, the zerg (using kinetic attacks) once boarding a borg cube woudl run amuck and anihalte every borg in a rather short period of time i shoudl think
Yeah, physical attacks are better against shields than energy attacks.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia