You are in charge of the Imperial occupation of Earth (RAR!)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Zor
Sith Acolyte

You are in charge of the Imperial occupation of Earth (RAR!)

Post by Zor »

In this scenario you wake up one day in the flag quarters on board the Star Destroyer Subjugator and have heard that you have the Rank of Moff and have been been placed in charge of a squadron of five Imperial Star Destroyers as well as several dozen smaller capital ships, a few troopships and transports and a force of some five million stormtroopers and two million support staff and general engineers. Your force has been sent out annex into the Empire a remote if comparatively heavily populated planet, which you see as you fall out of hyperspace.

You're goals are simple....
  • Establish the authority of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Palpatine on Earth
  • Extract from the system resources
  • Set up factories for Sienar, Blastech and Kuat Drive Yards using native labor to help support the Imperial War Machine in the next five years
  • Secure this planet against Rebel Activity and influence
Failure to accomplish these goals to a significant degree will get you replaced. Attempting to defect from the Empire will bring in several squadrons to stamp out large-scape treason as well as your forces turning against you (stormtrooper indoctrination and all that) and a real hard-ass coming in to manage terrestrial affairs.

What do you do?

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: You are in charge of the Imperial occupation of Earth (RAR!)

Post by Borgholio »

Well, knowing what I do about living here on Earth, I would try to use the carrot more than the stick in bringing the Earth under Imperial control. I would start by announcing my presence to the whole world and immediately attempt to make friends by using my forces to take out terrorist cells and replacing dangerous national regimes, using my advanced technology to provide clean energy and water, purify the environment, and provide cures for a myriad of diseases.

At the same time I would begin a propaganda campaign talking about the evil aliens and rebel terrorists that are seeking to destroy any humans who don't rush to join their crusade.

The end result would be that the humans of Earth would see us as (at worst) not evil, and (at best) friends and allies. I would not give them reason to mistrust us by attempting to immediately extract resources from Earth or the Moon, but the rest of the solar system is fair game. I'd start building space-based factories and defensive systems and invite Earth natives to work with the (honest) promise of free higher education, adventure, high pay (relative to Earth factory workers), and Imperial citizenship for those who wish to apply.

Industry on Earth would be gradually converted to Imperial standards so that exporting can begin and trade routes could be established.

So in a nutshell, gradually bring Earth into the Empire as a protectorate based on the idea of vastly improved living conditions and guaranteed safety. This would greatly reduce the risk of rebellion but wouldn't cost much (since greatly improving conditions on Earth doesn't mean having to bring it completely up to Galactic standards)
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Recruiting for the Imperial Navy/Army/Stormtrooper corps is also a secondary priority.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

As soon as I find out about the Star Wars movies I give an order that no communications get off the ship without my approval. Then I send a message as far up the Imperial chain of command as I can telling them about this and asking if this discovery calls for a change of plan.

While waiting for a reply, I continue with Borgholio's plan.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Five Star destroyers gives me the the ability to BDZ the planet at will, threatening the planet is a possibility but since we want loyal Imperial Citizens and people have seen the movies the best we can do is start propaganda and spend at least two years doing nothing but solid propaganda before we ask the Earthlings for anything.

So my plan in four parts is a simple thing

Step One: Make Obvious Contact

Put a Star Destroyer in Orbit at noon local time over Washington DC, Paris, Moscow, Beijing and Tokyo. Move each into position at noon local time in a moving line so one Star Destroyer goes into Geo orbit over that spot (Starting with Paris I think) at noon local Moscow time a Star Destroyer pulls into Geo Orbit over the designated city. Once an hour on the hour broadcast in local channels in the various native languages (French, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and English) that we wish to meet this planets leaders or their designated representatives. If they come themselves Moff Bean shall be there in person to open negotiations, if they send representatives so shall I. Offer several nice places our senors have detected (Hawaii, Iceland, New Zealand IE remote areas) or have them suggest some place for us to meet in one weeks time from the broadcast of the first message. I assume they will meet me, how could they not? If anyone asks about the movies I'll mention it will be explained at said meeting about the real history of the Galactic Republic and how the Empire has replaced what has gone before without any of that rebel propaganda.

Step Two:Begin the propaganda campaign RE:The Rulers
Be truthful if not fully truthful, we have been studying this planet for X(Where X is your age) years and we wish to open up both contact and trade with their planet. As a lost human colony your entitled to join the Empire and have access to uplift and technology improvement in exchange for swearing allegiance to the Empire and begin working towards improving your own economy. I shall be blunt your own planet is very remote from the Empire so we will look to be heavily developing it if we are going to make use of the resources of the surrounding planets and systems. That means space facilities, refilling stations around the systems gas giants, mining your asteroid belt for resources to construct civilian transports and establishing colonies off world to mine the materials needed to construct your own local space defense fleet. Your time of thinking of yourselves as a one planet system alone in a vast darkness of infinite space are at an end. We are here to welcome you to the Galaxy.

One last thing? Those movies, pure Rebellion propaganda, for every one true thing three things are pure invention. If it's a name or planet it's very close to true if mispronounced but the dark side? Please Emperor Palpatine took power with consent of the people and continues to rule to reform the galaxy to prevent any more horrors of the Clone Wars. Make no mistake if you agree to join the Empire willingly you will continue to rule yourselves in your own fashion except such changes as come about as we improve your technology.

Step Three: Begin the propaganda campaign RE:The People

This is Anderson Cooper reporting to you live from the New York City children hospital cancer ward which is for the first time since it was opened completely empty of new patents thanks to the efforts of the Empire medical personnel who are even now working with the UN to train up Earth doctors to Imperial standards......

It's a historic day as the day as China has shut down it's last coal plants as the fourth and final Imperial Fusion reactor complete goes online just north of Beijing each power planet produces two terawatts of power generator each to replaces hundreds of coal plants along with the twenty under construction geothermal mantel plants it's estimated that China will be entirely fossil fuel free by the end of next year....

Hello my fellow Americas, this is President Trump Broadcasting to you LIVE from the Moon. I prevailed on our Imperial guests if they would be so kind to give me a ride up here. Moff Bean may have given me a ride but don't worry he's relaxing in one of my Trump Suites in Vegas right now, in the mean time be the first to make history as the only American President to ever visit our Moon or play eight holes of Moon Golf up here. Big thanks to NASA for the modified space suit and the PGA for donating the clubs which we will giving be selling and donating the proceeds to charity.....

-Seriously there are so many easy feel good things the Empire can do it would be crazy not to simply spend a year or two saying look at us we got space ships and super medicine

Step Four:Join the off world colonies! Would you like to know more?
At this stage having done so much for people starting construction of local branches of Imperial private firms should be easy. After all I leased five thousand kilometers of Mars for construction rights to an Imperial base and two nice stretches on earth itself for Imperial supply posts. I've paided for everything spent multiple years now just having one thing after another from the Empire being a great thing. Now when it comes time to introduce our version of private industry and work towards if not forging a world government than sphere of influence we can work towards merging.

Step Five:Total Blockade

Did I mention along with doing all these nice this for the earthing I'm also enforcing a blow up on site for anything not Imperial trying to visit earth? Can't have rebels getting in after all. Also probably gotta round up Lucas at some point so we can get PR shots of him walking around a Star Destroyer.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

First, be pissed off we didn't come out of hyperspace in a concealed position, unless we're beyond Earth's visual detection capabilities.

I'd be VERY tempted to set up an older ship to look like it was a Rebel Bioweapons ship, staff it with nothing but aliens and droids associated with the old Confederacy/the Rebellion, and have it crash into Earth and unleash a bioweapon that, while not lethal, causes extended flu symptoms in the populace.

I then scout around the system for a few months, determining resources, etc.

Then, contact Earth, introduce the Empire, and explain the current galactic civilization. When confronted about the ship, well, there was a rebel cell in the area that was thought to be working on a bioweapon designed to be used against civilization for their purposes. Provide them with the last 30 - 40 years of galactic history.

Then, offer to supply the medical assistance free of charge. Let us set up medical facilities, for people to come and get treated for the disease (will require 3 - 4 visits in most cases). Maybe even set up a enclave or two for planet side staff. Like say, mind if we move into Detroit?

These facilities/hospitals will be state of the art, and highlight Galactic technology, and include medical droids, and a variety of non-human/near human staff. And you'll have staff community across the world in flying cars in a few hours.

The staff will be instructed to make remarks about how they are surprised by a list of things on Earth, given Earths technology and resources. i.e Still using fossil fuels and polluting the environment, why people are still suffering from a variety of easily treated diseases (and then start offering to treat them, free of charge) like Cancer and most viral diseases, etc.

After a few months of this, stage an attack be pirates on the planet, and have the Star Destroyers destroy them. Hopefully, the local sector miltiary had a ship that would work for this.

Soft sell approach.

Then, stage an attack by local religious extremists (if one doesn't happen anyway) at a medical facility. Preferably in the Middle East (as they are the big problem apparently...)

Now, I show them the power of the Empire, as well as the capabilities of Imperial technology.

Go in, and completely annhilate them. No orbital bombardment or anything like that. Go in, take out anyone that's armed with stun weapons, and drag them off in chains, and then turn over the occupied areas to the local governments.

Now, here's the kicker: Interogate them to find out who was simply reacting to the Imperial assault to find the extremists, and who is an extremist. The extremists, hand over to the local governments to deal with if they are known to be honest. The defenders, clean them up, make sure they are in good health, and return them home without complaint.

That should give me alot of public support.

At the same time, in addition to normal political discussions, meet with the major industries about upgrading their worlds technology, in exchange for 'royalties'. i.e Replace combustion engines with clean, safe, cold fusion drives, but we cat 15% of all profits (which can be offset by production for the imperial government. Instead of say, our 1.5 billion cut, just put that into making us Tie Fighters).

Partner with the local businesses to set up more facilities. GM is making Cold Fusion Cars for Earth, and now Tie Fighters for the Imperial military.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

"Attention people of Earth, you are now citizens of the Galactic Empire, you will shortly be able to enjoy the benefits of our advanced medical facilities, agriculture, and trade, galactic travel (subject to security clearance), and the new economic and employment opportunities we will bring you."

You don't need to "occupy" earth beyond making governments pay their taxes (initially in whatever raw material form you can make use of before you can integrate the local economy, fortunately they don't need all those obsolete militaries any more so they can divert resources to paying up), and opening up the world for your factory builders (who will probably be welcomed with open arms because of the new employment opportunities they can bring)

You can leave the existing governance infrastructure in place, they're just demoted to the state of local councils now with the real planetary power residing with the Imperial governor.