Entertainment in the Imperium of Man (WH40K)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: Entertainment in the Imperium of Man (WH40K)

Post by Simon_Jester »

I think the key here is that it's not heresy to say the Emperor will get off the Golden Throne some day; among other things the Imperial power structure has zero interest in demoralizing people by saying "he's a half-dead body in permanently critical condition on life support, and he'll never move again under his own power."

However, any cult which preaches that the return of the Emperor is imminent or (heresy of heresies) has already happened will be the subject of intense suspicion.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Simon_Jester wrote:I think the key here is that it's not heresy to say the Emperor will get off the Golden Throne some day; among other things the Imperial power structure has zero interest in demoralizing people by saying "he's a half-dead body in permanently critical condition on life support, and he'll never move again under his own power."
Honestly I would be surprised if they did not just outright say that he is still alive and well, commanding he empire from the throne like a good emperor does. After all, a God Emperor whose power is so mighty to shine a beacon through space and time to guide ships home sure as hell does not need to visit your local post office to mail his orders personally.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

I generally thought that /was/ the party line, that the Emperor is too busy doing the godly work on the throne to get up and be involved in stuff.
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367