OFF: Chuck's Firefly

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

OFF: Chuck's Firefly

Post by Ahriman238 »

Out of Gas makes three episodes up.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Re: OFF: Chuck's Firefly

Post by DrMckay »

Great review, really heartfelt. This is one of those rare really good episodes that so often gets forgotten or overlooked, so I enjoyed being reminded about how it tied everyone together and showed how the family started.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

For some reason I haven't been able to access anything on blip.tv recently.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

It's not my favorite episode of Firefly, but it's in the top five. Behind Shindig, Objects in Space, Ariel and Trash.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

It's Firefly. There's what, 14 episodes in total? Top five essentially means 'not the lower half'.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

This is so. The only episodes I really had a problem with were Heart of Gold and to a lesser extent Our Mrs. Reynolds.
gigabytelord
Padawan Learner

Post by gigabytelord »

This finally got me to start watching this guy, and now I can't stop, He's one of the best reviewers I've ever seen.