Mass Effect Paragon Lost

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Mass Effect Paragon Lost

Post by tezunegari »

W T F ... :wtf: a prequel showing Vegas secret mission to stop the Collectors?!

Are they for fucking real? We already know what happened on this mission!
They succeed and they all die except Vega and Shepard defeats the Collectors.

If the had released it before ME3 or at the same time or shortly after ME2 it might have been interesting...
BUT NOVEMBER 2012 - nearly a year after the story is over?!
If they hadn't revealed Vegas past in ME3 and only gave hints at an Alliance attempt at stopping the Collectors this might have worked.

Or a secret Alliance Spec-Ops mission to investigate the Reaper found by the Batarians... to actually have a prequel to ME3 instead of a sidestory to ME2.

Fuck you EA or whoever greenlit this.
Krogans look like shit instead of hulking behemoths of doom.

And those people in N7 gear?! Are they supposed to be soldiers or the next winners of Alliance Got Talent?
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Re: Mass Effect Paragon Lost

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Supposedly Freddie Prinze, Jr. is reprising his role as James Vega, but he also supposedly read that trailer narration, and that sounds nothing like he did in Mass Effect 3. If that's the quality of voice direction one can expect...
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

Oh...
EA trying to milk the Mass Effect Cash Cow even after it died a pitiful death due to Bioware's incompetence.

Couldnt have seen that coming... although I am a bit surprised they are resorting to a Vega bullshit story. Given the timeframe they could have used the popular characters like Garrus, Liara or even Shepard.
Naturally, the fans might whine about how the story establishes the 'canon' gender and choices made from previous games... but since the story is finished anyway and the endings were botched. Cant say I really give a shit anymore.

Go figure people dont really care about story fluff when you have discontinued the main story. I would have expected at LEAST a shot at showing Omega being lost / taken back. Folks might be a little bit more interested in that but I suspect that will be the Paid DLC Bioware will bring out.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

They already showed Omega being taken in their silly comics. At any rate prequel stuff is all you can expect for the near future since Bioware said they don't have plans for any post-ME3 storylines. I'm sure that'll change in a few years at most but it's not what's in the pipes now.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

OMG!! PREQUELS WHERE WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN?!?!?!

:lol:

And yes, how hard Mass Effect 3 has died. I mean, it has only grossed over like $200 million.
And yeah Predator, I can tell you don't give a shit. Again... :lol:

I like Vega and I would like to see exactly what happened on that mission, but as I don't do EU... unless it is in the game at some point, I'll just be satisfied with the info I have.

P.S. Taking back Omega would be disappointing as DLC as it is so utterly small and inconsequential compared to the rest of what happened in ME3 and that Asari is such a bland, cliched and generic character, I don't have much interest in her.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I'd be interested in this if it didn't look mediocre. The voiceover is just heinous. "Nothing is ever simple". Wow, thanks for that piece of wisdom there, voiceover guy. Sure it was the wisest thing Commander Shepard ever said.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I believe the exact quote is "Nothing's ever easy, is it?" which is one of the bits of dialogue you get when you first see the Thorian in ME1.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.