Mammoth Mk III VS Baneblade

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Re: Mammoth Mk III VS Baneblade

Post by Connor MacLeod »

BTW still not seeing any actual info on the Mammoth (or the Baneblade for that matter. I know what its capable of in my own mind..) so i don't see how this can be decided one way or another unless we opt for the write in candidate.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

The 120mm machine guns the torso of Hidolfr can use aren't very accurate but capable of killing a tank larger than an Abrams built with a similar tech level, and are basically space Lewis guns. If you want to get pedantic, all the 'quoted' calibres in Gundam are pretty dodgey; '280mm' bazookas look more than a meter wide and the like.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Well if they're talk calibre i'd assume they're roughly the same firepower wise, so if they can machine gun out tank rounds the main gun should be packing far more thna that (we're talking at least a couple megajoules per round easily even if its just non-sabot ke) Russes (and tau tanks) can still hurt baneblades, so its likely the MG's can.

Especially if you go the 'conventional steel' route :P

funny enough seeing the main gun on the Hidolfr made me think of Project HARP in terms of how the gun looked, adn its even roughly similar in length. Depending on what made up nubmers you utilize the numbers come out amazingly close (I figured around 1500-2000 m/s for the main gun and around 100-150 kg for the shell. That performance would even be enough, I think, to rock the tank like seen in VF555's clip and require the bracing arms.)
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Stark wrote:If you want to get pedantic, all the 'quoted' calibres in Gundam are pretty dodgey; '280mm' bazookas look more than a meter wide and the like.
Most of the stats for Mobile Suits aside from their sizes were made up to conform to contemporary military weapons of the time as a way of separating the series from its more fantastical forebears. Before that you had 50 meter tall machines that were said to fly at Mach 20.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。