SD.net Spacefleet (RAR!)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: SD.net Spacefleet (RAR!)

Post by Simon_Jester »

Honestly, I think obsessing over the minutiae of the crew's biology just serves to point out what a silly distraction they are from the text of the RAR, and that they seem to exist purely to give Zor an excuse to put that sketch into the original post.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
KhorneFlakes
Padawan Learner

Post by KhorneFlakes »

A hideous sketch, to boot.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

KhorneFlakes wrote:A hideous sketch, to boot.
I disagree. I kind of like it my self.

Speaking of witch, seems my plan to set up a breeding camp and breed an army over night are out. But on that note, how does this thing work? I mean even if we are all transported there are there enough of us that when we pool our crews together their species has enough members to retain long term genetic viability? Id hate to find my self the steward of a dying race.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Live as one of them, Purple, to discover where your strength and your power are needed. Always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Purple, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:The minutiae of the crew's biology will allow me to be the licensed intergalactic distributor of post-organs though, and when your organoids reach their planned obsolescence expiry date, you'll have to come to me for brand new elfy pointy ears with hyperspace wifi connectivity and digital surround sound capability and ten kinds of sonar modes. :P

I think running a spaceship logistics thing would be cool. Like truckers, in outer space. There can be intergalactic truck stops with booze and hookers.

Man, imagine, these hookers will be default "blanks" physically. Because of the biodiversity of these space-trucks' crews, some are elfy pointy ear bald Zoroids, others are reptilioids like I described. So our hookers will be modular organisms, with just holes for ears, noseless, maybe Protoss-like with only vestigial mouths. And when they select their clients, so they can match their client's desires, they can then attach modular noses or proboscises or beaks to their faces, cosmetic pointy-ears or antennae on the sides of their heads, or wear detachable hairs or feathers on their skin. Like wearing makeup, except instead of lipstick and eyeliners, it's like detachable superficial organs and tissues. Lego-people.
IF we're going that route we're also going to need a space mafia. Guess I found my niche.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I'll assume instant vaporization if you make the snitch wear cement space shoes.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

I was planning to encase him in iron and drop him into the Volcano of Mordor. Sure, it will piss off Sauron but I'm the Space Mafia. What is he gonna do to me? :lol:

Edit: I'm also going to do nothing but hire monkeys, seals and walruses, and some chickadees. Because they are the official animals of oppression.

Also am I the only person who thpught of the novel 'Falling Free' when they first read this thread?
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

Shroomy, your "blank canvas" space hookers immediately made me think of Camille from the Red Dwarf episode of the same name...
Connor MacLeod wrote:I was planning to encase him in iron and drop him into the Volcano of Mordor.
But would it be a spherical mass of iron? :D
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"That could never happen because super computers." - Stark

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The great eye of Mordor looked up and saw a great flaming-

"Ball!" said Sauron, his necroporeal form suspended over the giant adamantine obelisk forged on the spines of eldritch entities borne from the secretions of Morgoth's dark god-organs as from the jagged magma seeping peaks of Mount Doom did his great scrying eye scythe the vast firmaments with seething pencil-thin beams of malignant ectoplasm reflecting off the surfaces of all objects glanced by the asmodian hellectronically scythed augury whereupon with these esoteric visions did he command his Nazgul subordinates to marshal the orc hordes at the 18th Osgiliath Parallel.

"You have been relieved of duty report to headquarters immediately for reassignment," the Witch King of Angmar hissed facelessly to Saruman.

"We must kill Iluvatar," said Vladimir Putin.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Connor MacLeod wrote:Also am I the only person who thpught of the novel 'Falling Free' when they first read this thread?
I'm pretty sure that's where Zor got the idea for the crew from...
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:"We must kill Iluvatar," said Vladimir Putin.
I was just picturing a giant eyeball with a massive gray mustache watching the rock slam into the volcano, looking up, and shaking an intangible spirit fist telling those DAMN SPACE ELVES to get off his airspace.
Darth Tedious wrote:But would it be a spherical mass of iron? :D
No. It would be a statue of John Rhys Davies. In Iron. Because nobody tosses a Dwarf and I intend to toss a facsimilie of a Dwarf.
Simon_Jester wrote:
Connor MacLeod wrote:Also am I the only person who thpught of the novel 'Falling Free' when they first read this thread?
I'm pretty sure that's where Zor got the idea for the crew from...
I'd much rather have a midget schizophrenic military genius than a cartload of space monkeys.

Its more like a cross between Falling Free and 'Banner of the Stars' anyhow. :D
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Purple wrote:Speaking of witch, seems my plan to set up a breeding camp and breed an army over night are out. But on that note, how does this thing work? I mean even if we are all transported there are there enough of us that when we pool our crews together their species has enough members to retain long term genetic viability? Id hate to find my self the steward of a dying race.
About 1,400 ships with a minimum crew size of 16. Yeah there would be enough.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Their faces should be parabolic dish-shaped, with one ear higher than the other, giving them owl faces. Hoot hoot!

The feathers will also insulate them from the coldness of spess. Beaks can eat space food more efficiently than teeth, and will have less risk of teeth floating around loosely in case of zero gravity gingivitis.
Aha, instead of feathers they can get scales then, and their parabolic dish-faces will be partly done with a lizard frill. The act of molting off scales wholesale makes it neither as messy as feathers nor constantly-shedding skin. Their spacefood might not have to be chewed, or they eat food like owls or snakes by swallowing them whole - with or without the dislocation of the jaws. Owl-like poops will be more manageable due to their compactness too.
my humble submission

i changed the beak into a proboscis tho :v

Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Ewww! What is that horrible plastic looking thing with no fashion sense standing between those two fine gentlemen?
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

actually thats my new online visualization of what Shroom might look like.

*runs and hides before retributuion arrives*