Hulk vs the X Men

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Hulk vs the X Men

Post by Superman »

X Men Roster:

Prof X
Wolverine
Cyclops
Jean Grey
Colossus

They meet in the inner city. Cops won't interfere here. Hulk is really pissed. Who wins?
Omega-13
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Post by Omega-13 »

Can you quickly post if this is
movie xmen vs movie hulk so this thread doesn't get out of hand, thx
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 99#1688299
Superman

Post by Superman »

Uhhh...

Ok, let's go by the comics. Did you hear that everyone? COMICS! Don't use movies information.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

but but in the movie... just kidding...
i would say the x men win
Superman

Post by Superman »

:shock:

:banghead:
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

I'd say the X-Men take it as a result of Prof X being there, since he seems to be a strong telepath.

Wolverine and Colossus could probably hold him at bay with their combined strength, but eventually he would just get too strong for them.

Jean Grey could possibly hold him back telekinetically, and maybe beat him telepathically.

Cyclops blast might be able to knock him back before he got too mad and it has no effect.

So basically the smartest tactic would be for all of them except for the Prof to hold him at bay, while the Prof mind controls him and causes him to calm down.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Which Hulk actually as well.

If Savage or any of the mixed up Banner/Hulk, Observer 20000 tactics will more then likely work...Colossus may not be Hulk but he can delay him, Wolverine and Cyke can also combined help...while Jean and Xavier probe and calm him.

If Banner Hulk...it's a bit nastier because he has no secondary form thus they have to stop Hulk.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Do you mean the one where the three core personalities are merged? Doesn't that one revert back to Banner's form if he get's too angry?
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

observer_20000 wrote:Do you mean the one where the three core personalities are merged? Doesn't that one revert back to Banner's form if he get's too angry?
Actually they changed that particular and it was a different Hulk(very weird but Jones actually made it into a different Hulk that was a Smart Hulk, but not Banner[yeah I know...like that makes sense])

The one I talking is basically the one PD used for the last 1/3 of his run as Hulk writer.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Oh, I don't think I've ever heard of that one. I guess in that case the Hulk would eventually win. Does he still have the savage Hulk's dynamic strength? because I know there have been some incarnations that didn't.
Adrian Tullberg
Padawan Learner

Post by Adrian Tullberg »

For information on Banner's various incarnations, see http://leaderslair.crosswinds.net/gamma ... tions.html

Hope this helps ...
The Doctor (while standing in the pouring rain)-Pardon me, but could you spare a glass of water?
-From Doctor Who and The Brain of Morbius

Davros: We shall become all powerful ... !
The Doctor, joining in: Crush the lesser races! Conquer the Galaxy! Incredible power, unlimited rice pudding, etcetera, etcetera!!
-Remembrance of the Daleks
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

Jean Gray is telekinetic, couldn't she just lift Hulk in to the air and keep him there while the Prof tries to mindfuck him or something? I mean hulk is strong, but if he can't reach anything but air that isn't of much use.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

She could act as a Buffer.

It's just that for which Hulk...and as well as what level.

Seriously most of them are able to be countered by soothing thoughts(and Xavier is more then likely able to induce something in Hulk that won't trigger him off), and the few that aren't well the X-Men are slightly more fucked.

thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Ghost Rider wrote:more then likely work...Colossus may not be Hulk but he can delay him,
Didn't Colossus become extremly powerful towards the end of his life? I thought i remembered reading that he was able to life 100+ tons and that he became resisitant to psychic attacks among other things. Is any of that true.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Ultimate Hulk wouldkick ass.

"Banner too much of a sissy for you, Betty? Maybe you should give HUlk a try! Hulk Hornier than a ..."
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Lonestar wrote:Ultimate Hulk wouldkick ass.

"Banner too much of a sissy for you, Betty? Maybe you should give HUlk a try! Hulk Hornier than a ..."
"hulk penis to big... make hulk mad... penis grows even more... make hulk madder...

BTW way were did that come from?
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

theheap wrote:
My quote came from the "Ultimates", I have no fucking clue where yours came from.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

The Xmen take this because they have already got experience dealing with extremely big people who are virtually invulnerable, ie Juggernaught.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Lonestar wrote:
theheap wrote:
My quote came from the "Ultimates", I have no fucking clue where yours came from.
LOL i was just making a joke with the original quote. I didn't know your was from the Ultimates :lol:
The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Post by The Drunkard Kid »

The X-Men, as long as they can give Jean enough time to Telekinetically whack Hulk as far as she can. I *think* that she's got enough power to launch him into orbit, and since Hulk can't fly and needs to breath, that should eventually KO him, but would take enough time that the X-Men can go and get the Blackbird retrofitted for space travel again and have him locked up somewhere safe.

Other than that, I suggest just gagging and hogtieing Logan somewhere out of sight and let a powered down Colossus and Jean calm Hulk down and then sedate Banner. In order to seal the deal, Cyclops can offer him a Wolverine pinata (*).

(*) Yeah, I like Wolverine, but that doesn't change the fact that he tends to piss off the Hulk just by being within a square mile of him, and that the opportunity to humiliate Logan would go quite a long way towards making the Jade Giant calm down...
"What's that smear on the wall, Mommy?"
"That used to be Spider-Man, honey."
"What killed him?"
"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Bugle said it was a zipper, and I believe the Bugle."
"Wow, he musta been real stupid, huh?"
"Yes honey, he was."
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Re: Hulk vs the X Men

Post by Death from the Sea »

Superman wrote:X Men Roster:

Prof X
Wolverine
Cyclops
Jean Grey
Colossus

They meet in the inner city. Cops won't interfere here. Hulk is really pissed. Who wins?
X-Men take this one. But it will be tough for them of course.

I would agree with the tactic of Colossus and Wolverine delyaing him via fastball special, with Cyclops on back up. Meanwhile Prof X and Jean Grey will telepathically calm the HULK down and turn him back to Banner.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Strangely enough, Wolverine made his first appearance in Incredible Hulk 181-182. Wolverine himself has fought Hulk many times. In a "What-If" ( a retelling of Hulk#181 ) Wolverine himself kills Hulk by slashing at his throat repeatedly until Hulk dies. In the "actual" Marvel Universe, Wolverine has damaged the Hulk pretty bad, but not enough.

http://leaderslair.crosswinds.net/noexc ... 3-008.html

http://wolverine.x-knights.com/fullsize ... ine161.jpg

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
lgot
Jedi Knight

Post by lgot »

to be true, Hulk launched him into orbit once and he did not died in the process...

But frankly, except by the Xavier presence, all those X-men faced many versions of hulk, and he did not stopped. Seems hardly that they could do it in all easy ways posted here...
Muffin is food. Food is good. I am a Muffin. I am good.
Superman

Post by Superman »

I would love to see the Hulk peel Logan's flesh off, let his organs slide out and then leave him to die.