New Legend of Korra Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Re: New Legend of Korra Trailer

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Happens to me too. I watched it earlier today, so it must have been taken down.
Haruko
Jedi Master

Post by Haruko »

Seems it is on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/38705962
If The Infinity Program were not a forum, it would be a pie-in-the-sky project.
Faith is both the prison and the open hand.”— Vienna Teng, "Augustine."
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

As tempting as it is, I'm going to be patient and wait until April 14.
Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

God damn it. I wouldn't have minded a leak so much even a few weeks ago, but it's just crass so close to the official air date. It feels like stepping on the producers' toes big time.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

@JME2 Yeah well I wasn't (like that comes as a surprise) and so far, this is 117% AtLA quality. The visuals are virtually identical, the voice acting is top notch, and the one point where it should be different from AtLA, it is. Where Aang would have tried avoidance and reasoning, Korra powers through. The sequence where she goes multibender on the hoods was awesome.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Well, good to hear. See, I don't mind general thoughts/spoilers like that.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

You know when you're going to see it on TV. I technically don't know I'm ever going to see it on TV at all (though given the massive success AtLA was it would pretty much take an act of God to prevent it from airing here too-eventually.) And I have to worry about the quality of the voice acting. You would know that it's up to par if you could be persuaded to watch the leaked episode. I have to wait until the localized version airs and that they did as splendid a job as they did with the original.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

True.

Incidentally, I wasn't worried at all about the VA given the return of ATLA (and DCAU) vocal/casting director Andrea Romano.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I never had problems with Avatar's finnish voice acting as it seems to match the english one pretty well and is otherwise top notch, but alas ATLA and LOK both are programs that get dubbed rather subtitled, you probably can even get English VA versions (subtitling is more common and only films that are meant for kids young enough not to have learned to read are dubbed normally)
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Several words (somehow, this doesn't have the impact of the classic 'two words' opening) -'The Avengers-Earth's Mightiest Heroes' Original version-Timmverse quality. German version- can we please cancel this?
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Lord Revan wrote:I never had problems with Avatar's finnish voice acting as it seems to match the english one pretty well and is otherwise top notch, but alas ATLA and LOK both are programs that get dubbed rather subtitled, you probably can even get English VA versions (subtitling is more common and only films that are meant for kids young enough not to have learned to read are dubbed normally)
I personally like the german AtLA voices better (just like the german Wars OT voices. ) I'm just worried given the...less than consistent standard of german animation translation quality, especially recently? The Timmverse was fine , X-Men Evolution was fine, Spectacular Spider-Man was fine, here comes The Avengers...and the quality goes down the toilet.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Mr Bean wrote:Now the question is, deliberate super nice leak or totally awesome unauthorized leak?
The username and password look very deliberate.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

On the part of the person they belong to. That doesn't make it an authorized leak. That someone with access to the footage decided to leak it doesn't mean those in power actually intended for that to happen.
Koolaidkirby
Padawan Learner

Post by Koolaidkirby »

I thought Amon's voice sounded familiar, its identical to the voice of Spike from Cowboy Beebop. God dammit, I won't be able to unhear this ever.
Evil will always triumph over good, because good, is dumb
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

Just watched the leaked episode, and I definitely like what I've seen so far. I didn't particularly like Aang - he was too much of a kid at times - but I love Korra.
Haruko
Jedi Master

Post by Haruko »

Koolaidkirby wrote:I thought Amon's voice sounded familiar, its identical to the voice of Spike from Cowboy Beebop. God dammit, I won't be able to unhear this ever.
Yeah, he has been in a lot of well-known Japanese cartoons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Blum Mugen from Samurai Champloo, Roger Smith from Big O...
If The Infinity Program were not a forum, it would be a pie-in-the-sky project.
Faith is both the prison and the open hand.”— Vienna Teng, "Augustine."
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

The first two episodes are going to air on KorraNation on March 24, two weeks before the TV airing. Interesting.

The first episode was fun, although I do kind of miss Aang's goofy, easygoing personality.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

The episodes are up, and fantastic.
hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

Second episode: Oh my god. I came buckets.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I'm five minutes into the pilot.
Spoiler
Good to see Katara's alive and well. And she has grandkids to spoil. Even if the grandkids are precocious and a bit rude.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

I'm actually really intrigued to see what Korra in Avatar state looks like, acts like and how she fights. We got Aang as Avatar in the pilot, so we knew something of what to expect from him. But for now, I hope they keep Korra away from the Avatar state for a while yet in order to build the suspense. Besides, it looks like she won't need to use it to kick arse and take names.

I expect that one of the things they'll explore is the spiritual side in this new brave world. Do people still believe in the spiritual side of bending? Would they dismiss the existence of the lion turtle for example?

I wonder what will happen 100 years from Korra. Will the Avatar even be necessary anymore? What can she/he do in the 21st or 25th century (in SPPAAAACE!) that an army with tanks and such couldn't do? Will the future role of the Avatar be more of a diplomatic, even political one? I can see the Avatar taking the backseat and using soft power to accomplish deeds, maybe using her public image when they get television/the internet.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Finished both episodes. This show is going to be great. It really works well in that they have an entirely different tempo and feel to it compared to the original series without necessarily breaking too much from the format of the latter. The humor is good, the characters are interesting, and Republic City is a beautiful setting.

I also like how Korra is completely her own character. She's nothing like Aang... and that makes it work all the better. It reinforces the idea that each Avatar is unique and special.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

lordofchange13
Jedi Knight
Location: Kandrakar, the center of the universe and the heart of infinity

Post by lordofchange13 »

Just finished the episodes, so far the series looks like it will be great. Love the 1920's tech, that setting will allow this show to tell lot more stories, and be show of it's own. The only problem i have is that some of the emot's the characters use seem to not be very fluid. Is the bison Appa?
"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world - there is only inevitability"
"I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics a loose guideline at best!"
"Set Flamethrowers to... light electrocution"
It's not enough to bash in heads, you also have to bash in minds.
Tired is the Roman wielding the Aquila.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Tenzin: "You must promise me your teenage years won't be like this."
Jinora: *looks up skeptically from book* "I will make no such promises."

LMAO 8)

And to answer LoC, I think the bison is another one. I'm pretty sure it was given a different name when Tenzin left the South Polar training camp.

Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

Yeah, its name was Boogey or Bugi or something like that.

Episode 2 was highly enjoyable, and I know the month-long wait's going to be a killer. Korra is great, Tenzin is great, every other character is great. I'm especially enjoying Jinora. Also, I'm really looking forward to Asami's introduction. (It'd be funny if she was that one fangirl screaming for Bolin towards the start.)