New Legend of Korra Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: New Legend of Korra Trailer

Post by Batman »

Okay, I give up. What do I have to do to watch those two episodes? I click the KorraNation link, which drops me on this Facebook page. So I click the KorraNation link there, which...leads back to the same damn Facebook page. So I break down and get myself a Facebook account, I join the KorraNation and become an ambassador, and...I still can't get past that stupid Facebook page?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Post by SilverWingedSeraph »

Yeah, they made it so the episodes are only available to people in the US, apparently. I had the same issue and then read the comments on the latest wall post to learn this.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Thankfully, those same comments also provided a solution to the problem. :D
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

I'm from Australia and I could still watch it. :wtf: :?:
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

So could Bright, who's supposedly in Scotland. :wtf: This is most unusual.
Eframepilot
Jedi Master

Post by Eframepilot »

I have to say, the bit about the story of Zuko's mother goes beyond mere teasing the fans into outright taunting.
hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

New trailer:

Spoiler
I know we've seen practically nothing of Amon, but he seems pretty damn intimidating.
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight
Location: Kandrakar, the center of the universe and the heart of infinity

Post by lordofchange13 »

hongi wrote: I know we've seen practically nothing of Amon, but he seems pretty damn intimidating.
It would seem that Amon is actually Doctor Doom.
"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world - there is only inevitability"
"I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics a loose guideline at best!"
"Set Flamethrowers to... light electrocution"
It's not enough to bash in heads, you also have to bash in minds.
Tired is the Roman wielding the Aquila.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I've been having some thoughts myself about the "anti-bender" movement, and I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll see they have some justification.

Actually, we may have already gotten a glimpse of such, when we saw the racketeers from the first episode shaking down a shopowner for protection money. Incidents like that can do a lot to fuel a movement like Amon's.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight
Location: Kandrakar, the center of the universe and the heart of infinity

Post by lordofchange13 »

Steve wrote:I've been having some thoughts myself about the "anti-bender" movement, and I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll see they have some justification.

Actually, we may have already gotten a glimpse of such, when we saw the racketeers from the first episode shaking down a shopowner for protection money. Incidents like that can do a lot to fuel a movement like Amon's.
Probably true, but why wouldn't their be a moment in the original series era? Seems to me like Amon has bigger plans then just bringing equality to the masses.
"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world - there is only inevitability"
"I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics a loose guideline at best!"
"Set Flamethrowers to... light electrocution"
It's not enough to bash in heads, you also have to bash in minds.
Tired is the Roman wielding the Aquila.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

lordofchange13 wrote: Probably true, but why wouldn't their be a moment in the original series era? Seems to me like Amon has bigger plans then just bringing equality to the masses.
By moment I assume you meant movement. But the reason for no Equalists in the original series is simple, in the past there is war... the Fire Nation has been waging a global war of conquest for over close to a hundred years of continuous warfare off and on again. At that stage the only way to fight the war was with benders. As well while there was some technology the industrial revolution had obviously not hit yet and bending was integral to all parts of society.

It's much easier to have a anti-bending movement when you don't depend daily on benders for your food, security and welfare. At the start of the series we saw the first internal combustion engines used in the tanks and airships of the Fire-Nation with no other nation having anything similar. Now that technology has become mass market and people can buy cars and have electricity the benders (except for Earth benders) start to seem not needed. There has been some what of a peace of the last (forty?) years of Avatar Aang's rule.

*Edit
By Earth benders still be required what I mean is that Earth bending is even more valuable when you need raw materials since Earth benders I imagine would put even real world mining equipment to shame with how quickly they can dig down to find raw materials and transport that to the surface.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Lord Insanity
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Insanity »

I just watched the first two episodes. Surprisingly they have exceeded my expectations. I completely agree with the earlier comment in this thread that Avatar Korra is different in exactly the right ways from Avatar Aang. The portrayal of Tenzin is just spot on perfect too. Tenzin and Korra play off each other brilliantly.
Steve wrote:Tenzin: "You must promise me your teenage years won't be like this."
Jinora (Tenzin's daughter): *looks up skeptically from book* "I will make no such promises."
Best line so far. :lol:
-Lord Insanity

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" -The Real Willy Wonka
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

So I managed to find the first episode and am watching it now.

I love the scene of the city. It gives me a vibe of Shanghai around the turn of the century.

The currency is pronounced Yu-An. Sort of like how China's currency is spelt, only in Chinese its pronounced with one syllable rather than two, but no doubt its an Asian influence.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.