Puss in Boots (2011)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Ryag Han
Youngling

Puss in Boots (2011)

Post by Ryag Han »

i saw the movie Saturday, and i have to say: it now one of my all time favorite animated movies! I just love it. Puss is just awesome! did anybody else saw it? if you did, you probably also love it.
95% of people laugh at other people because they are different. Copy this into your profile if you are a part of the 5% that laughs at the other 95% because they're all the same

RAT-FLAIR
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Puss in Boots (2011)

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I forgot this was coming out. As I understand it, its basically a Shrek spin-off, but that's okay- Puss was my favourite character in those films anyway. Glad to hear it was good.
xerex
Jedi Knight

Post by xerex »

much better than I expected. had no relation to Shrek at all which is a good point for me.

Humpty Alexander Dumpty :lol:

and evil Jack and Jill were awesome.
Go back far enough and you'll end up blaming some germ for splitting in two - Col Tigh
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Surprised they didn't link it to Shrek at all. I think that says something of how awesome Puss is. He doesn't need Shrek to show up in his film. :)

Anyway, I'll probably see this next week, or maybe not until December, since I am really busy right now. But I'm glad to hear its good.

Is it in 3D, and can anyone tell me how it looked? The last Shrek film was one of the first films I saw that looked decent in 3D to me.
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

My impression is that this is something of a Shrek prequel, so it's not surprising that it doesn't reference Shrek.

I don't think it was quite up to Shrek, but I certainly don't regret spending a couple of hours on it. I think the villain was the least impressive thing about it, but even that was acceptable.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"