So the DC reboot will soon be upon us

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: So the DC reboot will soon be upon us

Post by Batman »

Don't be absurd-work-shattering catastrophes happen maybe twice a year these days. And frankly compared to some real world presidents, Luthor didn't look half bad. Sure, he's a supervillain, but at least when he was elected, he was a very clever and extremely competent supervillain.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Oh, fine. Poop on my fun, Batsy. :P
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Batman wrote:The public doesn't know about the penny and the T-Rex and who's the fourth Batgirl? There are Babs, Cassie and nowadays Stephanie, unless your counting Helena's antics during NML or I missed somebody.
And if you feel nitpicky, it's five Robins-Dick, Jason, Tim, Stephanie and Damian.
Do you always have to be a douchebag?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Havok wrote:
Batman wrote:The public doesn't know about the penny and the T-Rex and who's the fourth Batgirl? There are Babs, Cassie and nowadays Stephanie, unless your counting Helena's antics during NML or I missed somebody.
And if you feel nitpicky, it's five Robins-Dick, Jason, Tim, Stephanie and Damian.
Do you always have to be a douchebag?

That just proves he's the real Batman. :twisted:
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Among other things.
I will nevertheless admit that the 5 Robins comment was just me being nitpicky and the question about the fourth Batgirl was genuine.

And if they're serious about exempting me from the general reset if they're smart (which I know they'll not be) they'll just park me and my lot in our own pocket universe. The 'too proud/stubborn/arrogant to call for help' excuse only goes so far. The JLA, JSA, Teen Titans and so on are one phone call away. I can insist on handling everything alone all I want, but nobody else thinks that maybe drugging me for a while and have the big guys deal with it while I get a good night's sleep 20 years overdue is a good idea?

I don't know what was worse, me telling Clark to get lost (twice) when he showed up during NML, or him actually going both times.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Batman wrote:The 'too proud/stubborn/arrogant to call for help' excuse only goes so far. The JLA, JSA, Teen Titans and so on are one phone call away. I can insist on handling everything alone all I want, but nobody else thinks that maybe drugging me for a while and have the big guys deal with it while I get a good night's sleep 20 years overdue is a good idea?
I was under the impression you were on the whole uberman sleep schedule thing, where you only need two hours of sleep a night. But yes, it bugs me that there are probably a good many instances where things could have been resolved in a single issue if you just made one phone call to the Flash.
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Panzersharkcat wrote:
Batman wrote:The 'too proud/stubborn/arrogant to call for help' excuse only goes so far. The JLA, JSA, Teen Titans and so on are one phone call away. I can insist on handling everything alone all I want, but nobody else thinks that maybe drugging me for a while and have the big guys deal with it while I get a good night's sleep 20 years overdue is a good idea?
I was under the impression you were on the whole uberman sleep schedule thing, where you only need two hours of sleep a night. But yes, it bugs me that there are probably a good many instances where things could have been resolved in a single issue if you just made one phone call to the Flash.
Or Impulse--which actually happened in an Issue of Young Justice. Joker had hostages and insane demands. Batman was trying to treat it delicately.

Impulse just got him all the insane requests in microseconds.

Stunned, Joker just kept demanding more insane shit until he couldn't think of anything else as Impulse brought him everything.

Great comedy.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Is Betty Kane still canon?
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Not to my knowledge, at least not as Bat-Girl.
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Batman wrote:Not to my knowledge, at least not as Bat-Girl.
A quick DC wiki search says she's Flamebird, with Kate Kane, Batwoman, as her cousin, and Kathy Kane, the old continuity Batwoman, as her stepmother.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Panzersharkcat wrote:
A quick DC wiki search says she's Flamebird, with Kate Kane, Batwoman, as her cousin, and Kathy Kane, the old continuity Batwoman, as her stepmother.
Indeed. I mean it's not like I did the exact same thing or something. :P
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Batman wrote:
Panzersharkcat wrote:
Indeed. I mean it's not like I did the exact same thing or something. :P
I'm just clarifying, Bats, as what she's canon as. *tries to handwave away misreading*
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

The Jedi handwave doesn't work half the time for full-fledged Jedi Masters against ordinary people, but you think it will work for you and here? :P
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

I meant it in the sense that it was a flimsy explanation.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

I thought I was the one without a sense of humour. :D

And I so did remember to include the smiley. Both times.
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Up shut. :P

Anyway, so this isn't too spammy, the whole "Batman as urban legend" thing is going to hopefully stay dead, what with Batman Inc. and all.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

If I have to choose I'm keeping the urban legend idiocy rather than the Batman Inc. People actually believing that I'm not real works within the DC Universe because everybody there is essentially just as stupid as the plot demands. Batman has always been one person, even if that person wasn't always me (and they're defaulting to me regardless-DC hinted that I'd be back the moment they pretended to kill me back during Blackest Night). Batmandom is not a franchise.
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Final Crisis, Batsy. I don't actually mind the Batman, Inc. stuff. They really should have picked a better name for it but the idea of him recruiting and training (more) allies worldwide is fairly sound.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Panzersharkcat wrote:Final Crisis, Batsy. I don't actually mind the Batman, Inc. stuff. They really should have picked a better name for it but the idea of him recruiting and training (more) allies worldwide is fairly sound.
Yeah. More sociopaths with daddy and mommy issues beating the shit out of criminals IS probably a good idea. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Havok wrote:
Panzersharkcat wrote:Final Crisis, Batsy. I don't actually mind the Batman, Inc. stuff. They really should have picked a better name for it but the idea of him recruiting and training (more) allies worldwide is fairly sound.
Yeah. More sociopaths with daddy and mommy issues beating the shit out of criminals IS probably a good idea. :D
Outside of Cassie Cain, the ones he's recruited are relatively sane. They may have other issues, like the French one being a Muslim in France or making the African one patrol an entire CONTINENT, but sociopaths are not something they are not.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

You do realize you just defeated yourself, right? 'but sociopaths are not something they are not' means that um, yes, they are. :D
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

No, for some reason, I thought that was better than phrasing it as "sociopathy is something they do not have." D'oh!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

No you're right. Agreeing to dress up like a bat, only come out at night, ostracize your whole life... top notch personalities there. :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Technically, whoever is doing the Robining agrees to dress up like a circus reject, only come out at night, ostracize your whole life :P
And I'd argue the only real sociopaths in the original (as in pre-Inc) bunch are me, Cassie, and Damian (Tim might have become one since the Red Robin thing and Jason apparently got turned into one by his dip in the Lazarus pit, but both of them were originally not). Richard and Stephanie actually grew up to be (by local standards and given the way they grew up) reasonably well-adjusted individuals.

Of course, they're also the two I kicked out of the cave. Hrm...
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I didn't want to bring up the implications of having a preteen running around in a bright colored sprite outfit as your *AHEM* ward and sidekick. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)