DC Hits the Reset Button -- Again...

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Re: DC Hits the Reset Button -- Again...

Post by TimothyC »

JME2 wrote:
Norade wrote:
Molyneux wrote:Oh god, he looks like Superboy Prime.
He'll kill us to death!
That never gets old; I wonder if Prime will be popping up here.

Now that all 52 titles are confirmed, I have had a mixed reactions over one renewal and one cancellation.

On one hand, Blue Beetle is back and I can't wait to see new adventures of Jaime Reyes.

On the other hand, Gail Simone's wickedly funny Secret Six is not being rebooted and will end in August. :evil: :cry:
Prime exists in 'our' universe (really our universe plus Prime), so of course he can be back! He can even continue to bitch about the DCU from within the DCU.

This could get awesomely meta if done right.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Yeah -- and we know he survived Black Lantern Laurie.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Oh frabjous day.
And given the stuff DC has done in those past years (and what they're apparently trying to do in the near future) even if there were a way to do Superboy Prime right (which I seriously doubt, I consider him a seriously massively stupid idea), I seriously doubt what passes for DC Comics these days is up to doing it.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I still think LO3W should have been the last appearance of Prime and wasn't especially thrilled at the epilogue during TBN.
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Downsides first. I wanted to punch my monitor when I found out that Rob Liefeld was drawing Hawk and Dove. Poor Hank. Poor Dawn. Down with the man who drew Captain Titties! Tim's new outfit is meh. I seriously cannot imagine him being stealthy at all with the metal wing thing as his "cape." Also, didn't he complain about having to pick glass out of his hair without a cowl? I really wish they left Superboy and Supergirl's outfits alone.

On the upside, Batman and Robin will continue, as will Batman, Inc., and Jason gets rid of his penis helmet. Batwing looks interesting. Jonah Hex will continue in All Star Western, so that also makes me happy. Same with Jaime getting a series again and a new JLI run. I may look into Demon Knights. Paul Cornell left a good impression on me in Action Comics. I may look into Animal Man, given that I've heard good things about Jeff Lemire.
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Looking over the solicitations, something just occurred to me.

Even with Barry's presence on the JLA and Bart in the Teen Titans, there's only one Flash-related book.

Now, I'm somewhat surprised given that:

a.) The reboot spins out of a Flash-centered summer event.

b.) DC's promises of Speed Force book in 2011.

Then again, DC's fucked around with the Flash so much since Infinite Crisis that I can't take them at the word anymore in matters related to the Scarlet Speedsters.

The absence of Wally -- and Jay Garrick -- is also annoying and worrisome.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The Flash sucks.

There I said it. He is a stupid character that is horribly written and handled. The Speed force is stupid. Anti-Flash , or whatever he is called is dumb (if he is opposite, he should be super slow), how he uses his powers is retarded and the fact that he is always the douchebag of the group, at least when Hal Jordan isn't around, is annoying and overplayed.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I'll admit the relaunch has been largely a debacle.

If handled right, the character and his Rogues are enjoyable -- which sadly seems to be rare this day.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

They've redesigned Supes outfit. Looks more "armor-like" and no red undershorts. :)

Other than that there's little difference. :)

Superman New Outfit
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Man, is it me, or has George Perez gotten worse over the years?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

Is there a site that happens to have all the new character designs up for easy viewing or do I have to go through multiple newsites and links to get everything?