The Girl Genius Thread

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Re: The Girl Genius Thread

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

I think the lightning fizzled, which appearently qualifies as a "bad thing."
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Yeah... always a bad thing when your lightning fizzles. Can't do a proper bit of Spark-tech without it you know.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

Well, I guess you could swindle some Lybians for some plutonium, but you need a crate of pinball machine parts for that, and you're likely to need the lightning anyway.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Darmalus
Jedi Master

Post by Darmalus »

I really want to know what the power source for the castle is. Also, I need a conspiracy flow chart, I have become completely lost as to who is working for/betraying/lying to who.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

You do know the "Large Mass" the Castle's reporting is an army of her little clockworks, right?

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

It is?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

well they said it was amorphous it could be a crossover with Schlock.....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Post by Lord of the Abyss »

Batman wrote:It is?
It seems plausible. Gil let one of Agatha's replicating mini-clanks ( "Dingbots" ) loose in the walls; and here we see it building another one.
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - John Rogers
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I'll give you plausible. It's just Her Ladyship seemed to be awfully sure when Agatha HERSELF for the time being doesn't seem to have the foggiest.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

LadyTevar wrote:You do know the "Large Mass" the Castle's reporting is an army of her little clockworks, right?
It tickles! :D

And, da, it's the Lil' Clank Horde of Doom, I'm almost certain. What else could move WITHIN the walls?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
The Yosemite Bear

Shlock, Rats, lots of Rats, lovecraftian evil, girl genius rats....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

New one's up. Does anyone get the reference in the third panel? The partially visible writing on the blue lights?
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - John Rogers
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The writing on the background seems to be a quote about "All the world burns all that's left is Ash and Embers"?

It's more looking at the two little clanks, who seem to be about to start a fight over Who is King of her little Clank Army.
And we ALL KNOW what happens when Kings fight.

The Yosemite Bear

Pawns die, queens rule?

Darth Nostril
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Nostril »

It looks more like flirting.
So I stare wistfully at the Lightning for a couple of minutes. Two missiles, sharply raked razor-thin wings, a huge, pregnant belly full of fuel, and the two screamingly powerful engines that once rammed it from a cold start to a thousand miles per hour in under a minute. Life would be so much easier if our adverseries could be dealt with by supersonic death on wings - but alas, Human resources aren't so easily defeated.

Imperial Battleship, halt the flow of time!

My weird shit NSFW
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Darth Nostril wrote:It looks more like flirting.
New one's up, and it's not flirting...I like the skull and crossed screwdrivers.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

That was.....utterly predictable.

Hopefully, this gets finished this week, and we actually get on with the story.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
The Yosemite Bear

see even clanks have spark mating rituals....

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

fgalkin wrote:That was.....utterly predictable.

Hopefully, this gets finished this week, and we actually get on with the story.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
What did I tell you? King v/s King.
And it will end when Agatha steps in and yells at the little clanks.

Elessar
Padawan Learner

Post by Elessar »

LadyTevar wrote:And it will end when Agatha steps in and yells at the little clanks.
Or maybe not. :)

In related news, Gil and Tarvek's comedy routine make them even better supporting characters than ever.
Darmalus
Jedi Master

Post by Darmalus »

As amusing as this sideshow is, I really do want them to get a move on to the power core.
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

New one up. Interesting; this might have long term plot ramifications.
Darmalus
Jedi Master

Post by Darmalus »

This comic doesn't have a Chekhov's Gun, it has a Chekhov's Armory.

Also, the Baron is interested in studying the Spark, the Gentleman Adventurer wants to destroy all sparks, Agatha can make clanks with the spark, I foresee some huge plot pileup in the future.

And once again, they need to hurry up before Agatha's harem bursts into flame.
TheLostVikings
Padawan Learner

Post by TheLostVikings »

Lord of the Abyss wrote:New one up. Interesting; this might have long term plot ramifications.
Indeed. And I absolutely love the look they give each other at the end after watching the clanks fight. Of course they are probably going to deny ever acting like that themselves :lol:
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

I am particularly amused at the first panel's alt-text.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.