Will Rey take apprentices in Episode IX?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Will Rey take apprentices in Episode IX?

Post by FaxModem1 »

Gandalf wrote: 2019-04-17 05:13pm
FaxModem1 wrote: 2019-04-17 02:37am On the plus side, in the old EU, and in Clone Wars, the Clone Troopers were given names, bars, and certain rights by the Jedi, who wanted to treat them like people as much as possible. Even trying to give them a fair shake whenever possible. Note how much this differs from the Kaminoans, who are rather puzzled by it. Though, it might be akin to a horse breeder being rather puzzled that the person who legally 'owns' the horse is talking to them and treating them like a friend as opposed to just a living vehicle.
Did they have the right to leave their positions as Clonetroopers?
Iunno, if any such plan existed for them to do so after the war, it was kinda rendered moot when the clones shot them all.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

So slaves, but sometimes their slavemasters treat them nicely before using them as cannonfodder?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Gandalf wrote: 2019-04-17 11:48pm So slaves, but sometimes their slavemasters treat them nicely before using them as cannonfodder?
Yes.

And the droids are slaves. And the humanoid slaves on various backwater worlds like Tatooine and Canto Bite. And the child soldiers the First Order recruits. They're all slaves.

In ten years or so, when they make episodes 10-12, it should definitely be Star Wars: the Great Slave Revolt.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.