Editing in Star Wars( Aka Screen wipes)

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

ray245
Emperor's Hand

Editing in Star Wars( Aka Screen wipes)

Post by ray245 »

It's quite an interesting video considering more and more SW films aren't going to have any Lucas involvement. Screen wipes was a very distinctive element in all 6 SW films, and it's something that we don't really see in TFA.

I wonder if there will be any editors or directors that wished to reintroduce this element in their SW movies.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Mange
Sith Marauder

Re: Editing in Star Wars( Aka Screen wipes)

Post by Mange »

I'm not one to "defend" TFA, but there's plenty of screen wipes in TFA of different kinds (from "ordinary" to right-to-left, to diagonal wipes to bar wipes). I'm not sure about the stand-alones, but screen wipes are a part of SW and I think the directors/editors will continue to use them (at least for the Saga movies).
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Re: Editing in Star Wars( Aka Screen wipes)

Post by Adam Reynolds »

Mange wrote:I'm not one to "defend" TFA, but there's plenty of screen wipes in TFA of different kinds (from "ordinary" to right-to-left, to diagonal wipes to bar wipes). I'm not sure about the stand-alones, but screen wipes are a part of SW and I think the directors/editors will continue to use them (at least for the Saga movies).
Though I don't think they have the same sort of focus as they do in ANH, which is a reasonable objection.

Abrams was mostly just emulating without understanding. While there were a few nice bits, it was overall not even as good as the prequels.