Episode I: Herald of Fury (all-new SW prequels)

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

starwarsanv
Redshirt

Episode I: Herald of Fury (all-new SW prequels)

Post by starwarsanv »

We're excited to introduce Star Wars: A New Vision. With a fresh take on the Republic's and the Jedi's fall, and the life and choices of Darth Vader, these all new episodes sharply diverge from Lucas' prequels, while tapping into and developing the rich mythology of the Original Trilogy (read more at starwarsanv.com).

Episode I: Herald of Fury is complete and will be released in a serial format on Sundays starting January 4th on the Wattpad platform. We hope you will enjoy this contribution to Star Wars fandom, and we welcome your feedback.

[youtube]IAw4TcXubgg[/youtube]

EPISODE I: HERALD OF FURY SUMMARY

Anakin and Owen are the proud heirs of Skywalker Enterprises, the leading corporation on planet Rodia. When traitors attack their family’s corporation, the Skywalkers find themselves in a desperate fight for survival.

Their only hope lies with a Jedi Knight, Ben Kenobi, and his hastily assembled force of Republic crack troopers. Outnumbered and outgunned, Ben’s forces plan a stealth rescue operation. Yet unbeknownst to Ben, the greatest danger lies in the hearts of the people he trusts.

Herald of Fury is the first episode in a completely new series of Star Wars prequels from fan fiction authors Joseph and Martin Pulido. It will take you on a cannonball thrill ride to a galaxy far, far away, and leave you begging for more.

SAMPLE CHAPTERS

In the coming weeks, we will be releasing chapters from Herald of Fury to give you a foretaste of what to expect next year.

1. Nico Crede. After being blindfolded for hours, Dr. Nico Crede is surprised to find herself questioned by Krul te Rosin in front of a galactic audience.

Dr. Nico Crede’s eyes struggled to adjust to the brightness. She had been blindfolded for what felt like hours, while her captors shoved her body inside and outside, down echoing hallways and into crowded rooms. No one had talked to her except to swear at her, or offer her food or water. Nico had tried to speak to her fellow captives, and was quickly smacked across the mouth for the effort. The hot, sweaty anonymity of blindfolded captivity, and her desire for it to be over, had convinced her that she was really not that important to these terrorists. These crazed Rodians would kill them all soon, or they would get what they wanted and let their captives go free. Whatever their fate, they would all share it together.

So Nico was unprepared for her eyes to focus on the leader of the miner terrorists, the one who called himself Krul te Rosin. She jolted and felt the restraint belt hold her to her chair, hands behind her back. Glancing around nervously she saw that they were in a large atrium. A high three-story ceiling towered over them, with menacing guards gazing into the atrium from the first, second and third floors.

Pale light pooled around her. Holostream droids floated about, their casting lights blinking, blinking, blinking. Meaning that they were holostreaming live on the holonet, right now.

Krul’s bulbous, black eyes stared into her. “Dr. Nico Crede. Do you know why you are here?”

His calm command of Basic made Nico’s gut sink. She felt rage pulse through her and her lip started to quiver as she spoke. “I’m here because you - you terrorists are - are ruining our lives!”

A sob broke out of her and tears streamed down her face. Krul waited patiently for her to regain composure.

“No, Doctor. That is not why you are here. You are here because...” Krul’s voice trailed off as one of his lieutenants whispered in his ear; Krul glanced at the broadcasted holovid of the trial in his lieutenant’s hand and then whispered back. “Dr. Nico, wait a moment. A hacktivist is sabotaging our holostream.” Sabotaging was an understatement. The hacker had digitally warped the holostream, such that Krul appeared as a spastic demon streaming fire from eyes and mouth. As Krul spoke, the hacker modulated Krul’s voice to fluctuate wildly from a deep baritone to a shrill soprano.

“You consider me a terrorist, Doctor. But I am not a terrorist - for a terrorist seeks only to sow terror in the hearts of his enemies, as this hacker seeks to intimidate us. A terrorist lacks vision, and more importantly, fails to mawala fosh - inspire.”

“What will you inspire? More senseless murders?” Nico’s voice cracked.

“Revolution, Doctor. Revolution. A revolution that erupts like a supernova and cannot be stopped. Those caught in its wake will be transfixed by its flames.”

The miner guards shoved two other blind-folded captives onto their knees in the pool of light. Krul removed their blind folds, but left the dermaplast muffling the captives’ mouths.

“Before you kneel Senior Accountant Davo Keelin and Secretary Margo Wata. Tell the galaxy Davo and Margo, would you like to live?”

Davo and Margo nodded vigorously and muffled cries through the dermaplast.

“Look at this young woman and middle aged man. So full of desire to live! To while away their lives serving the cajala chupa.” Krul stared long into a holostream droid’s camera eye, then calmly walked behind the captives and patiently activated his blaster pistol. “I assume that you watch us, hacker. Know then, that it is you who ended their lives.” In one smooth motion, Krul seared blaster bolts into the hostages’ skulls. Nico shrieked as the smoking heads slumped at her feet.

“Our holostreams must resume - unadulterated - and resume now. I will execute two hostages every 10 minutes until our holostreams resume. If we discover further meddling into our holostreams, more hostages will die. If we discover further cyber espionage, more hostages will die. I trust this message is clear?”

Krul’s lieutenant motioned a green suckered thumbs up. “Now that our communications have resumed...Dr. Nico, we were discussing why you are here.” Krul paced towards Nico, and stooped slightly to get a better look at her face. “Let’s start with a simpler question. What is your role at SKYE corporation?”

Nico refused to look at Krul, staring at the floor as she spoke. “I’m a doctor. I care for the miners and SKYE staff.”

“What sort of care do the miners need?”

“Quadanium mining exposes the body to low level radiation and dust. Over time this exposure may cause adverse effects such as the skin disease you suffer from.” As Nico continued, a holostream droid zoomed in for a close up of Krul’s flaky, papery skin condition. “Other symptoms of prolonged exposure are vomiting, nausea, and in extreme exposure cases, pneumoconiosis - commonly known as ‘paper lung disease.’”

“Tell us more about this paper lung disease, Dr. Nico.”

“Simply put, dust inhaled during mining causes the lungs to dry out. In the early stages of the disease the body fights back. Phlegm and violent coughing are common. As the disease advances, the lungs lose their ability to oxygenate the blood supply. At this stage, victims become winded after walking 100 paces, breath becomes quick and shallow, and eventually they require oxygen ventilators to stay alive.”

“But doctor, surely these cases are uncommon. The Ministry of Worker Health and Safety was established to protect these miners.”

Dr. Nico said nothing, staring into the floor. Krul snatched her face by the cheekbones and forced Nico to look into his eyes.

“I realize this may be uncomfortable, doctor. But we must continue. How many cases of paper lung disease do you see in a typical year?"

“I don’t know, I don’t have the records in front of me...”

“Then let’s look at SKYE’s records.” A guard handed Krul a datapad. “The company doctors diagnosed 998 new cases of paper lung disease, of which you personally diagnosed 432. This represented an increase of 5% over the prior year. Not only are the number of cases increasing, but it now takes an average of only four years to develop paper lung disease. When SKYE began its operation the average time was seven years. This is damnable evidence doctor. So you must have reported this fatal trend to the Ministry immediately.”

“I followed company policy, and reported the cases to my superiors and human resources.”

“I see. So, the Ministry must have been notified of this trend from there?”

“I don’t know for sure... but it’s my understanding that SKYE reports new cases to the Ministry.”

This statement caused Krul to pause for a moment, as if chewing on a tough piece of meat.

“The way you speak - it is so strange to me, now that I have freed myself from mental bondage. You human heathens hide your ugliness in the dustbin of bureaucracy. Let me say this again in plainer speech. After you discovered that a plague was devouring hundreds of innocent Rodian miners each year, you satisfied yourself with lobbing electronic messages to a silent bureaucracy?”

Read the rest on Wattpad.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Episode I: Herald of Fury (all-new SW prequels)

Post by LadyTevar »

Locked for SPAM
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet