I...I... I just... WTF

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

cmdrjones
Jedi Knight

I...I... I just... WTF

Post by cmdrjones »

+http://ammonra.org/skywalkerparadigm/index.html

:wtf:

((You should not post direct links to crazies. They can follow you home. -- LadyTevar
Last edited by LadyTevar on 2014-12-21 12:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Broke the link
Terralthra wrote:It's similar to the Arabic word for "one who sows discord" or "one who crushes underfoot". It'd be like if the acronym for the some Tea Party thing was "DKBAG" or something. In one sense, it's just the acronym for ISIL/ISIS in Arabic: Dawlat (al-) Islāmiyya ‘Irāq Shām, but it's also an insult.
"Democratic Korps (of those who are) Beneficently Anti-Government"
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: I...I... I just... WTF

Post by Borgholio »

I could only read a few pages down before the rambling gave me a headache. Time to play some EVE Online....
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
cmdrjones
Jedi Knight

Post by cmdrjones »

Borgholio wrote:I could only read a few pages down before the rambling gave me a headache. Time to play some EVE Online....

No... No... NO!! You just don't get it! Princess Leia and Darth Vader were working TOGETHER! He's the King of the empire and.. and... and... There really wasn't a rebellion like you think... it's all there!

:P
Terralthra wrote:It's similar to the Arabic word for "one who sows discord" or "one who crushes underfoot". It'd be like if the acronym for the some Tea Party thing was "DKBAG" or something. In one sense, it's just the acronym for ISIL/ISIS in Arabic: Dawlat (al-) Islāmiyya ‘Irāq Shām, but it's also an insult.
"Democratic Korps (of those who are) Beneficently Anti-Government"
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

I wonder if he's projecting his fears about the New World Order onto Star Wars in order to make it appear less crazy. I bet Darth Vader in his examples is really a stand-in for Darth Obama...
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Like everything, there is a kernel of truth to it -

he does make a decent argument against force ghosts - whenever there is one, R2 is never far away, and he has the ability to generate holograms.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

LaCroix wrote:he does make a decent argument against force ghosts - whenever there is one, R2 is never far away, and he has the ability to generate holograms.
Where was he on Hoth when Obi-Wan appeared to Luke? Back at the Rebel base and nowhere to be seen. As a side note, I wonder if R2 thinks Luke is crazy for talking to himself as I see no reason a Force ghost would appear to a droid.

This reminds me of the Death Star conspiracy, a parody of 9/11 conspiracy theories. Only this one doesn't seem a parody in the same sense.
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

Borgholio wrote:I wonder if he's projecting his fears about the New World Order onto Star Wars in order to make it appear less crazy. I bet Darth Vader in his examples is really a stand-in for Darth Obama...
Then you would be wrong, as he's pitching Vader as a hero undermining the empire fom within.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

AniThyng wrote:
Borgholio wrote:I wonder if he's projecting his fears about the New World Order onto Star Wars in order to make it appear less crazy. I bet Darth Vader in his examples is really a stand-in for Darth Obama...
Then you would be wrong, as he's pitching Vader as a hero undermining the empire fom within.
Not necessarily. You know how many right-wingers say Obama is trying to destroy this country from within?
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Except for the hero part. How many right-wingers are thinking about Obama as the hero destroying Evil Murrica? :)
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Batman wrote:Except for the hero part. How many right-wingers are thinking about Obama as the hero destroying Evil Murrica? :)
He's the hero of evil Liberals. That's enough. :-P
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

Or maybe he just reads too much Traviss.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Adamskywalker007 wrote:
LaCroix wrote:he does make a decent argument against force ghosts - whenever there is one, R2 is never far away, and he has the ability to generate holograms.
Where was he on Hoth when Obi-Wan appeared to Luke? Back at the Rebel base and nowhere to be seen. As a side note, I wonder if R2 thinks Luke is crazy for talking to himself as I see no reason a Force ghost would appear to a droid.
Right, i forgot about that one... :D
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Or maybe he just read Dark Empire, as that is the whole reasoning Luke uses for following in his father's footsteps.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"