Rian Johnson Fired By Disney? Or I Like Jar Jar Binks.

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Rian Johnson Fired By Disney? Or I Like Jar Jar Binks.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

It might help that he's the loyal lapdog who let Palpatine get emergency powers.
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Eh, there was nothing novel about that. All Jar Jar did was bring it up, the Senate had to vote for it. Palpantine must have had hundreds to thousands of Senators either allied with him ideologically or bought and paid for by that point. Any one of them could have done the same.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

And he was loyal to Amidalla, doing what he thought she would do, not Palpatine or did you miss that bit?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Someone else could have done it and he wasn't doing it because he loved Palpatine. But it might have earned him a little more respect and tolerance under Palpatine's regime.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

Only thing it would Palpatine think of him is that he's an easily manipulated fool. The galaxy is full of those, though, so I doubt he'd pay Jar Jar any mind.

As far as Jar Jar getting murdered by someone, I don't really see much reason for it. The anti-alien sentiment seen in the movies certainly didn't seem to be strong enough to expect murders to be going on all the time. At most, someone might have ended up deciding to enact "justice" on the guy who helped Palpatine rise to power. Assuming anybody even knew who that was.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.