More episode seven cast news.

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

More episode seven cast news.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27672805
Star Wars: Lupita Nyong’o joins cast for Episode VII
Lupita Nyong'o
It is not known what role Lupita Nyong'o will play in the sci-fi saga
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

Fisher wants 'to get Leia right'
Star Wars: 'Day one' shooting begins
Cast announced for new Star Wars
Oscar-winning 12 Years a Slave actress Lupita Nyong'o has joined the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII, it has been announced.

British actress Gwendoline Christie, who currently stars in Game of Thrones as warrior Brienne of Tarth, has also been cast in the production.

The news was announced on the Star Wars website, although it did not say what roles the actresses would play.

Star Wars: Episode VII is due in cinemas on 18 December 2015.

"I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII," Lucasfilm president and producer Kathleen Kennedy said.

"It's thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape."

Gwendoline Christie
Gwendoline Christie currently stars in HBO drama Game of Thrones
Nyong'o and Christie join the already announced cast of John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow.

They will join original stars Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Meanwhile, gossip website TMZ has posted a series of leaked pictures from the set of Episode VII, which began filming in Abu Dhabi last month.

The pictures appear to show a Tatooine-like marketplace and a new alien creature.
I don't know about Gwendoline Christie, but Lupita Nyong'o was pretty good in 12 Years A Slave, as her Oscar suggests. They sound like good choices.
RogueIce
_______

Re: More episode seven cast news.

Post by RogueIce »

The Romulan Republic wrote:I don't know about Gwendoline Christie, but Lupita Nyong'o was pretty good in 12 Years A Slave, as her Oscar suggests. They sound like good choices.
I haven't seen seasons 3 or 4, but from what I did see of Gwendoline Christie in Game of Thrones she was pretty good.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

An actor is a blank slate upon which characters have to be written. Pray for good characters. :)
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

My gut feeling says that Christie will be a non Force user. Just a hunch, can't really say why.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.