Legends star wars vs "official" star wars

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

jwl
Jedi Master

Legends star wars vs "official" star wars

Post by jwl »

Obviously Legends overall is stronger, but what are the minimum required forces from legends star wars to take the current canon out?
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Re: Legends star wars vs "official" star wars

Post by Knife »

Wha?

Pretty much at this time there is no 'official' after ROTJ so not sure what you want? Are you really looking for a PT Palpatine versus old EU Dark Empire Palpatine?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Knife wrote:Wha?

Pretty much at this time there is no 'official' after ROTJ so not sure what you want? Are you really looking for a PT Palpatine versus old EU Dark Empire Palpatine?
Sounds like a good start.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

Knife wrote:Wha?

Maybe. I'm looking for the minimum amount of forces from the legends needed to take out the entire current canon. If that includes Dark Empire Palpatine, then yep, he's included.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Legends Canon still includes New Canon, so to be pedantic about it, everything from the "Legends Canon" OT and TCW eras vs "New Canon" OT and TCW eras (which should cancel each other out, mostly) plus, I don't know, both Eclipse SSDs for good measure?

Unless you wanted a hard separation? So no OT and TCW?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

LC at the MOMENT includes everything. The second there is one variation that FattyNerdsTM can't pathetically shoehorn in from the new movie, which will probably be from the opening crawl, it is it's own entity.

It will always contain the OT/PT, but it's not going to get anything from the NT.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

RogueIce wrote:Legends Canon still includes New Canon, so to be pedantic about it, everything from the "Legends Canon" OT and TCW eras vs "New Canon" OT and TCW eras (which should cancel each other out, mostly) plus, I don't know, both Eclipse SSDs for good measure?

Unless you wanted a hard separation? So no OT and TCW?
Yeah, but the legends verse has showings we don't see in the movies & tv show, like sidious beating starkiller and stardestroyers undertaking BDZs, whilst also showing weaknesses and such we don't see in the movies and tv show either. So the equivalent legends forces aren't necessarily the minimum required to take out the current canon.