What happened to the Jedi Library?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Re: What happened to the Jedi Library?

Post by Purple »

Elheru Aran wrote:As far as that specific action goes-- Palpatine probably didn't want anybody reading it and figuring out who was actually the Chosen One (namely, that guy in all the black with the heavy breathing...). If anybody was going to identify a Chosen One, he probably wanted them to think it was himself, or just have nothing to go on.
Speaking of that, did anyone in the galaxy aside from a few Jedi and Luke actually know that Anikin Skywalker and Darth Vader are one and the same?
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

According to ark Lord, Bail Organa knew (or suspected) I think. Although I would imagine he'd keep that to himself for Leia's sake.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

Purple wrote:Speaking of that, did anyone in the galaxy aside from a few Jedi and Luke actually know that Anikin Skywalker and Darth Vader are one and the same?
That one depends on the writer, honestly. Some seem to think that everyone in-universe has seen the films, while others are more realistic about it: Stackpole treated it as a major revelation when Luke told his students in I, Jedi. A, it's a big galaxy, and B, it's not exactly something you really want publicized (not everyone's as forgiving as Luke).
Star Carrier by Ian Douglas: Analysis and Talkback

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

I remember some novel having a scene where one Senator denounced some plan as "a shining invitation for the son of Darth Vader to follow in his father's footsteps" or something like that. The Black Fleet books, maybe?

And then there was that one scene in the Legacy of the Force books when Jacen Solo was in full Darth Dubya mode and one of his Department of Homeland Security soldiers went up to him and was all like, "Sir, I just want you to know that my father served under your grandfather and it's an honor to carry on the family tradition..."