Rumor: Pixar's Animated Star Wars Movie

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Rumor: Pixar's Animated Star Wars Movie

Post by tezunegari »

latino-review.com wrote:Pixar Joining Star Wars Universe

It was only a matter of time before Disney’s golden child animation acquisition was brought into the company franchise game. John Lasseter doubling his time at Disney Animation is a good cog in the machine, but there comes an opportunity to mix two potentially profitable brands together and see if the success can exponentially multiply. Or that must be the thinking at Disney, because we’ve heard that Pixar has been given their own Star Wars movie.

Once the canon-purge is over and Episode VII is in production, there will be a whole universe of Star Wars related content to play in. We’ve heard about TV shows,new comics tie-ins (Marvel, of course), spin-off movies for particular characters and now, a Pixar film.

At this point, no idea what the size or shape of this film will be and given the long-view storytelling production model that is part of the Pixar brand, this could be a long way off. We can expect it to take place in the middle of a Venn Diagram between Star Wars and A Pixar Movie, and what that means to you depends on your definition of both.

Star Wars and animation has some great possibilities. Or they could go and Animatrix it up (like The Dark Knight did). At least this looks to be a mix that could be potentially fruitful, especially since this will come out long after we’ve read several think pieces on the dilution of the brand.

Maybe WALL-E gave them a new take on Droids (and someone should scrub the taste of Fox’s Robots from our mouths), maybe the Jawas have an interesting culture (but not like a Smurf), maybe you don’t want a live-action movie of how Young Han Solo met Chewbacca, but if Pixar did it, maybe it’d be tolerable.
Animated Star Wars made by Pixar? Considering the overall quality of Pixar movies that might not be so bad at all.
Though 2015 will have the release of "Inside Out" followed by another project about "Dia de los Muertes" it might be a while until more details will become available.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Lurks-no-More
Redshirt

Re: Rumor: Pixar's Animated Star Wars Movie

Post by Lurks-no-More »

I highly doubt this is true, but if it were, I'd watch the hell out of it.
ZOmegaZ
Youngling

Post by ZOmegaZ »

Pixar LEGO Star Wars?
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

ZOmegaZ wrote:Pixar LEGO Star Wars?
Well, hell, they've got a LEGO DC Comics movie coming out in a couple of weeks, so why not?
Star Carrier by Ian Douglas: Analysis and Talkback

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.
biostem
Jedi Master

Post by biostem »

PIXAR Republic Commandos: The Movie, please.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

biostem wrote:PIXAR Republic Commandos: The Movie, please.
YES! :D
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Arawn Fenn
Youngling

Post by Arawn Fenn »

I have a bad feeling about this...
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

This is bollocks. The original source was 'Latino Review', which is about as reliable as the Daily Mail. They reported that Bale would be reprising Batman in 'Batman vs Superman' before the news came out that it would be Ben Affleck. Cracked has a bit on this.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Tychu
Jedi Master

Post by Tychu »

Toy Story: To Infinity and the Galaxy Far Far Away!!!!!
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean